Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My Magnificent Palomino Horse

Aluluei
Aluluei
✭✭✭
So I ponied up (feel free to applaud... I'll be here all night) the money for a palomino horse. Eager to meet my new mount, I logged into the game and sprinted to the nearest stable. I paid my 1g, and entered the stable. And -- behold! -- there was my noble steed, glossy and golden and gorgeous. I fed him... and then noticed that his name was... Fishysticks.

Awesome. ;-)
IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like its time to have a horse bar-b-que.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Fish-fried Horse Nibblies?
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you can rename your horse at the stable. But fishysticks is pretty awesome :p
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or do the horses feel cluncky? I never even use mine because I just can't stand it.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or do the horses feel cluncky?
    I'm not sure what that even means.
    fishysticks is an awesome name tho
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I renamed mine to Manure Factory....
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or do the horses feel cluncky? I never even use mine because I just can't stand it.

I love my horse, and it's so much smoother and more intuitive than riding a horse in Skyrim. So I think it's just you.
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    I prefer my brown-black horse with current 30% speed.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    what are the stats on Horse nuggets?
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can rename your horse at the stable.
    Why would I want to do that? Are you implying that "Fishysticks" lacks the requisite gravitas for a noble warhorse? Harrumph. Fishysticks and I take exception to that notion!
    Seraseth wrote: »
    But fishysticks is pretty awesome :p
    Well, okay then. We won't challenge you to a duel :)
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    fishysticks is a most awesome name.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Ummaguma wrote: »
    what are the stats on Horse nuggets?

The palomino horse and the Imperial horse have the same starting stats as the cheapest, basic horse you can buy at the stables. The only difference is their appearance.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭

Nice! I didn't even realise that the effects of feeding were cumulative until the other day. However, if I'd been feeding my Imperial horse from day 1, I probably wouldn't have bought Fishysticks, so it's all good.

What was your horse's default name? Do all horses (except the Imperials, all of which are called Diamond) come with silly names?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Brown cheap horse is named Sweetroll.

Edited by PBpsy on April 13, 2014 6:08PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Evelyn_Nightingale
    Evelyn_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭
    If I buy a black horse I'm naming it Katy Perry. :grin:
    Ebonheart Pact :: Nord Dragon Knight :: Blacksmith
  • Miths
    Miths
    My palomino horse was also called Fishysticks. I renamed him to Runs-Kinda-Slowly :).
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Witches Imperial is up to 22 11 0 and is definitely faster than it was. Smoked a stock one, I think, the other day, just ran away from him.

At 250 a feed it's a real cheap way to get a nice horse. Well there was $20 involved I guess. ;)
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lordspyder wrote: »

I love my horse, and it's so much smoother and more intuitive than riding a horse in Skyrim. So I think it's just you.

I hated the horses in skyrim also and never used them.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats called a Dun horse :) and yes it is sexy

• Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Miths wrote: »
    My palomino horse was also called Fishysticks. I renamed him to Runs-Kinda-Slowly :).

Great name!

I'm a little sad to hear that my Fishysticks is not unique, but amused to realize that since the name wasn't randomly generated, Zenimax must have made an Official Corporate Decision that this was the ideal name for this product. Or maybe their focus groups were just messing with them.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it's the smoothest mount usage I've seen in any game to date. The audio syncs beautifully with it too.

They just need to fix that auto-unmount bug where you summon it and it disappears right after. I noticed this is much more likely to happen if you're running forward and/or sprinting while you summon it, instead of stopping.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the white horse but hey...GRATS!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Aluluei wrote: »
    Miths wrote: »

Great name!

I'm a little sad to hear that my Fishysticks is not unique, but amused to realize that since the name wasn't randomly generated, Zenimax must have made an Official Corporate Decision that this was the ideal name for this product. Or maybe their focus groups were just messing with them.
    Fishystick -was a no-brainer choice >:)
    This is in fact one of inside Bethesda easter egg, cos you know -its 2014 and they STILL giving FishyStick away
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/General:Fishy_Stick
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    I got the palomino, was named Fishystick and agree - what a giggle on the part of the designers and whomever approved that.

I've renamed mine
    Goldenloin
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Kemono, thanks for the back story :smile: Now I'm even more fond of Fishysticks :smiley:
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The light horse default is Starlight.

What about the gaited and draft horses?