Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Save on DLCs, Assistants, and More"

• Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    bought the Black Freda bundle on a character that has 60/60/60 on riding lessons. The Riding lessons included in the bundle are now bound to this character and I cannot use them. I am unable to bank them and unable to leave them in a coffer for another character to pick up.... Is this intended? Kinda feels like I'm losing out on 20 riding lessons here :(

Edited to add; they only say "Bound" not "Character Bound"
    Edited by Anony_Mouse on November 27, 2019 7:00PM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought the Black Freda bundle on a character that has 60/60/60 on riding lessons. The Riding lessons included in the bundle are now bound to this character and I cannot use them. I am unable to bank them and unable to leave them in a coffer for another character to pick up.... Is this intended? Kinda feels like I'm losing out on 20 riding lessons here :(

nah you can open the box and the pages inside are not character bound.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SandraF @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Just tagging u so u get notification even if u don't read. Me & lot of players are in agreement. When's the Black Fredas sale really starting? Cause what you're doing right now doesn't even pass for a crappy joke. Instead of having a big sale, bringing discontinued items back, crown pack discounts like last year, you thought with how poorly your game has been performing & all the excuses you've given us after failing to deliver time & time again we didn't deserve a proper Black Friday sale this year on top of it?
    Edited by XIIICaesar on November 27, 2019 7:40PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a very poor sale. Nothing worth even being interested about.
    Really, really disappointing. As a loyal player that has subscribed for years, I view your "sale" as a two finger gesture.
    Somebody in your monetization department really needs to be told that loyalty amongst the community should not be taken for granted.
    With all your shortcomings and bugs lately, this was an opportunity to win back some good feeling amongst your community but instead you offer a very miserly discount on a very poor selection of stuff.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You call 20% off Assistants a Black Friday discount? Pffffft! That's still basically full price, I don't feel like I'm saving money by paying 4000 crowns for anything. I've been saving my crowns for just this occasion bc they were once on sale for 3500 crowns each but now, I don't have enough. And then you turn around and bait us with a Mount Package nobody needs or asked for. Don't get me wrong, its cute but who really gives AF... Just sayin!

IDK who appraises these Pixels on your end but it's ******* ridiculous.
    Edited by Radiance on November 27, 2019 8:40PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy one with crowns, and have the other gifted with gold, if you have enough.

I would suggest banker first if you can only afford one of them.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get a refund on crowns i baught a little extra hoping the homes would come back.
  • hobgoblin_kuzya
    hobgoblin_kuzya
    Soul Shriven
    I was waiting first furnishing Pack: Tyrants of the Merethic Era and The Erstwhile Sanctuary, which were a year ago.Set aside crowns for this. After all the server crashes, counted on the slightest moral satisfaction.
    Subscription days due to a broken server are gone. But my hope with current discounts and a variety of stuff on Black Fridey this yeat just died. I play ESO for 5 thousand hours. The game is good, but everything written upsets me. :confounded:
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for some notable homes to come back, preferably on sale. The bundle is pretty much useless for me, so no buy. Very disappointed.
    Edited by PopotoSalad on November 27, 2019 9:02PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any hotfix coming soon? You published the wrong article. :D
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not usually one to be negative, but i agree with these posts. My disappointment knows no bounds. Been playing ESO for 3+ years and this might be the first time im legit thinking about just putting it down and walking away. Maybe if i come back in a year things will be fixed....

And no, you cant have my stuff :P
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an extremely underwhelming sale. :/
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55255
    This is a sale Zen, this is what people were hoping would return.
    A measly sale on merchants and mundas stones is pethetic, i think i would just like to know WHY, why have you made this years such a poor downgrade?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGL, I had more than 17,000 crowns stockpiled up in anticipation of a glorious sale like last year where a bunch of outfits, many of them LTO, made a resurgence at discounted prices.

I don't care about mounts, I've got a guild hall for Mundus Stones, and I'd prefer to just find/farm my own motifs and other furnishings...
    I don't need any XP scrolls because I'm CP1123, I don't need stable training cuz I've maxed it on more than 14 characters, I don't need food, drink, or potions because I'm a master Alchemist and Provisioner who knows almost every recipe in the game, and I already have the merchant and the banker.
    I mean maybe I could buy those two for a friend but even then, that would still leave over 9,100 crowns that I now have nothing to spend on.

I was ready to whip out my wallet if I had to make ends meet, but it seems that won't be necessary this year. xP
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS you've presided over so many disappointments lately that were outside of your control. Why oh why when you finally have an opportunity to turn the trend with an event that's completely in your control, you would choose a route that you must surely have known would lead to more dissapoinment?!
    I'm just mesmerized!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow yeah that's a pretty lame sale. Was hoping for one like last year, but oh well looks like I'm saving money this year.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got all happy that the cats were priced down. But it is only the merchant and not the banker. Also it is still to expensive. They should have gone for 3500 not 4000.
    I like the mount in the package but not enough to need all the other stuff.

Very disappointing 😥😥
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55255
    This is a sale Zen, this is what people were hoping would return.
    A measly sale on merchants and mundas stones is pethetic, i think i would just like to know WHY, why have you made this years such a poor downgrade?

Agreed, this is what I was expecting, and I had quite the wishlist. I was also hoping that the Soot Stallion from last year would return (I couldn't afford it then).

What a lacklustre, grinchy sale for the holiday season. *puts credit card away*

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all happy that the cats were priced down. But it is only the merchant and not the banker. Also it is still to expensive. They should have gone for 3500 not 4000.
    I like the mount in the package but not enough to need all the other stuff.

Very disappointing 😥😥

The banker will be dropped in pice later on
    The above items are on sale only until Monday, December 2 at 10:00AM EST. However, when the sale for the above item ends, a new one begins for these individual items:

Ezabi the Banker Assistant
    Tythis Andromo the Banker Assistant
    Mundus Stones (acquired from the Housing Editor)
    But agreed 1000 off its next to nothing.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish!
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happened to the cheaper crates?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what happened to the cheaper crates?

There's a discount on the 15 crate one if you have ESO+
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very underwhelming sale this year. I've been hoping to pick up Morrowind and Summerset as gifts for family members during Black Friday sales ever since I stocked up on Crowns last time they were on sale.

Now I've got 30k+ Crowns, nothing I really care to spend them on, and no reason to buy Crowns the next time they are on sale.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many things I'd like to have seen for the Black Freda's sale that didn't quite make it (yes including a crown sale as I was planning to spend my own share of the holiday gift budget on it). One new idea (rather than rehashing all the good offerings from prior years that didn't make the cut this year) would have been an adventure pack akin to the prior DLC 4-pack but for "The Year of the Dragon" all-in-one. Then again, one of the four pieces is still a chapter instead of a DLC, so perhaps someone might consider incorporating that next year? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Tevalaur on November 28, 2019 1:33AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too waa disappointed. But some perspective on the bundle. While the items are throwaway now that we have daily login rewards, most limited time mounts are at least 2500 crowns, so it's a good deal on the mount.

We also didn't get a crown sale last year at this time, so I wasn't expecting one. And the assistants weren't half price last year, but 3500. I would have liked to have seen them at that same price this year, but at least they're still discounted.

However, I'm still surprised and disappointed that there is so little on offer. As others have said, there was a good selection of items returned to the store and on sale last year. This year, only assistants, the newest dungeon DLCs, Mundus stones, gambling crates, and Race/Name change tokens. Basically, some of the most expensive items.

I do wonder what they were thinking. There's little variety here, and certainly not something for everyone as the article claims. They had a real chance to get players to drain their crown balances or buy crowns. Instead, what's on offer is some stingy discounts on a handful of expensive items.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1) Eagerly follow the link from the launcher to see what fun stuff is on sale!

Step 2) Pass.

#killingit
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Can you confirm which platforms this sale is for? The previous announcement said PC players stay tuned for future announcement for details.

The in-game sales are for all platforms. The sales on the base game and Elsweyr vary by platform and are outlined here.

Banker
    vh9ncyem3rwc.png
    Merchant
    2sgqfogl9po0.png
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    The only sale that requires your attention is justice for the Imperials!
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • WoW_Refugee
    WoW_Refugee
    ✭✭
    No Crown sale, eh? Whew! I was wondering how I was going to afford buying all those Crown packs and still pay for Black Friday deals at my favorite retailers. Now I don't have to worry about it. Thanks for saving me money, ZOS!
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Can you confirm which platforms this sale is for? The previous announcement said PC players stay tuned for future announcement for details.

The in-game sales are for all platforms. The sales on the base game and Elsweyr vary by platform and are outlined here.

Banker
    vh9ncyem3rwc.png
    Merchant
    2sgqfogl9po0.png
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    The only sale that requires your attention is justice for the Imperials!

That merchant is hella cute and I would buy her in a heartbeat. (I'm a sucker for Altmer, no shame.)

still and all, I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more backlash feedback regarding this sale. all this time I was holding off on buying things, only to learn that I guess I'm keeping my crowns. :/
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for making the merchant 4000 crowns was able to buy it early.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.