The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Were New Moon Crates at 30% off for ESO+ members this November real?

CasgarTheSomnolent
CasgarTheSomnolent
✭✭✭
I feel like I'm going crazy. On November 4th, 2019, the November 2019 Crown Store Showcase came out. That morning I wrote to my friend on Discord the following:

"Me" 11/04/2019
I see they're offering the New Moon Crates at 30% off at the end of the month.

"Friend" 11/04/2019
for ESO+ people, yeah

However, there is absolutely zero mention of this on the page above if you look at it now. I even checked the Wayback Machine for the page, and it had a snapshot from Nov. 11 and no mention of this 30% off deal. I also see no official discussion thread for the November Crown Crate Showcase over in News & Website Article Discussions, even though there are ones for the previous months. That's why I'm asking here.

Was this ever a thing? I was considering making some crate purchases, and nearly everyone I talked to didn't know this ever existed. However, I have the snippet of conversation above. And last year in November 2018, Hollowjack Crates were 30% off for a week for ESO Plus members, which does strengthen my belief that I didn't imagine this.

If that was a sale that got nixed, that's fine. It's been a hectic month for you devs; no worries. I more just want to know that it ever existed, because it's been on my mind during the month, and I felt like I'd lost my mind when I learned it's nowhere to be found. I actually thought I'd dreamed this whole thing including the conversation with my friend until we found it. I'd be worried if my dreams about this game were that realistic and specific.

Also, while I'm here, are there any plans to do this deal at a later date? Might as well ask, right?
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also saw that announcement, they were 30 % off at the end of the month.
    Obviously they deleted that.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They may wait until Black Friday to discount the Crates. They probably didn't want to announce it too early so that's why they deleted it from the showcase article. But we may see the discount when they add the other Black Friday offers.

Ofc, they may have also cancelled the discount. But they've been discounting the current Crates (at least the large bundles and for ESO+ subs) towards the end of the seasons so they'll probably continue doing so.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, they originally had the New Moon Crates listed in the showcase, to be discounted at 30% off, from Nov 27-Dec 2, then removed it from the showcase. If I recall correctly, this discount was only for the 15 crate pack.

Hopefully this means the black fredas crown store specials start tomorrow as well :D
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also came here to check I'm not crazy. I saw that sale announced and budgeted for it. I'm counting on it to happen. :/
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like they sneak-cancelled this without letting us know. I guess it's my fault for looking forward to it. :(
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like they sneak re-added it without announcing it in the Black Fredas sale. 15-packs are 3500 crowns for ESO+ members for the next 5 days.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Looks like they sneak re-added it without announcing it in the Black Fredas sale. 15-packs are 3500 crowns for ESO+ members for the next 5 days.

:* Am not ingame, ty for the info