The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Finder broken on PC/EU

redgreensunset
redgreensunset
✭✭✭✭✭
After today's update the guild finder is broken on PC/EU. When you open it it just shows "refreshing results" indefinitely. Or at least for over 5 minutes, which was as long as I could be bothered to test it. I tested after a discussion in the zone with others who could make it work either, so it's not just a me problem.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi there @redgreensunset! Thank you for the report about this. Our team has confirmed the issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, we recommend making your search criteria as specific as possible. The issue you're experiencing will happen when search criteria is broad and the corresponding results are extremely high.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there @redgreensunset! Thank you for the report about this. Our team has confirmed the issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, we recommend making your search criteria as specific as possible. The issue you're experiencing will happen when search criteria is broad and the corresponding results are extremely high.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Ah I see. I wasn't really searching for a guild, just checking because someone in zone chat couldn't get it to work so I didn't set any criteria at all. If I see/hear anyone else who can't get it to work I'll pass this on to them.
    And thank you for getting back on this.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's not really possible to have a "specific as possible" search criteria because it appears that a lot of guilds just grab a lot of tags, at least on PC(NA).

What would help is text search for Name AND for description.

Also, the "Active Members" count is nonsense since it appears to include members that haven't logged in for a long time. A more useful number is "Members ONLINE" so that the person searching can have an idea of how busy the guild is at the time they are searching, which would hopefully also be around the time they typically log on to play. Useless to join a guild with 400 members but whenever you are online you are lucky to se 4/400.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it's difficult to narrow down much more than "trading guild" and "has trader". No results return either way. Levels? Guilds don't recruit based on levels. Playtime? .... most guilds are ative 24/7, or don't post this info. Searching by name would be useful, esp since most trading guilds with a trader are always near 500 members.

I need a trading guild right now and am stuck posting in zone.... again.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 29, 2019 7:27PM
  • Liquidsky
    Liquidsky
    Soul Shriven
    Hi.

Can we get an update on this? I am having the same problem; guild finder browsing feature is stuck on "Refreshing results" no matter what search criteria I am using.
  • Pitka
    Pitka
    guild finder still broken for me
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    It's not really possible to have a "specific as possible" search criteria because it appears that a lot of guilds just grab a lot of tags, at least on PC(NA).

What would help is text search for Name AND for description.

Also, the "Active Members" count is nonsense since it appears to include members that haven't logged in for a long time. A more useful number is "Members ONLINE" so that the person searching can have an idea of how busy the guild is at the time they are searching, which would hopefully also be around the time they typically log on to play. Useless to join a guild with 400 members but whenever you are online you are lucky to se 4/400.

Members online is also not a great measure. It say anything about how busy a guild is. It can be the slowest guild on the server and still show a large number of players online. Players that do nothing with the guild ever. I’ve seen it.

I have seen guilds with 100 players online but the guild isn’t doing anything due to poor leadership. I’ve seen guilds with 60 players online and the guild has 3-4 full raids going. The guild finder cannot measure either. So members that have been online in X period of time makes sense. The guild needs to note when they are active.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just started looking for guilds and the group finder is bust. If I put in some super top secret combos it works , but they are always changing like fort knox passcodes or something xD
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried searching using different fields and still broken. Stuck on updating results please fix!!
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it has ever worked, I may be wrong, it has never worked for me. all it ever says is updating.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    XBOX NA here.
    The guild finder was working before the Dec 2nd patch on Xbox. Now it won’t load or do anything when selecting a category. Which ironically the patch said it was gonna fix, but caused instead. It was working fine beforehand. Guild leader, I use the finder very often.
    Edited by KittyHazWares on December 5, 2019 3:27PM
    Xbox One NA
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, just to let you know this isnt just a pc issue, I was on the us server on ps4 and having the same issue, thank you !!
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU
    For me guild finder doesn't work since around last patch. It worked last days of november as I joined my last guild via this tool that day. Right now it is not responding to any filters, nothing.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @big_ear_midget @Mr_Arce88

I can report that this is now fixed on pc, so I guess it'll be fixed in an upcoming incremental on console too.