The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvE'er in Cyrodiil?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. There is not a real PvE story line in Cyrodiil. There are PvE quests but each one is pretty much it's own and short. They are essentially daily quests and not intended as a story line for the one.
    2. Use a low population campaign. You will rarely see PvP but it could happen. Just RP with it where you sneak a little around the quest hubs.

I have done it on two characters and rarely saw PvP. When I did it was someone attacking a member of my alliance and I just stopped the attack from happening but I do not shy away from PvP.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    On the weekend, I went to Cyrodiil, the standard campaign, Laatvulon, and spent all day getting the Cyrodiil Champion component to Tamriel Expert Adventurer. I did that once before with a DC stamblade on EU a couple of years ago, and I had planned to do it on one other that I'd thought up. This most recent character I did this on is AD (big minus in Cyro/IC), and mag-specced (and even bigger minus for stealthy manouevring), and, is also a lowbie (again, another big minus), since the level was 10 when first entering Cyrodiil, and level 21 by the time all 50 required quests had been completed. I was exhausted, but it wasn't the grind so much as it was the ever-present fear of being jumped at even the non-AvA towns. Not fun for me...

As things are now, I think I'd do the tute on new chars, and that's it, stay out of both zones.

Incidentally, I was only ever jumped at EP-controlled Cropsford, a few times, and once outside Bruma. I went Vlasterus (AD-controlled for the entire time I was there), Cropsford, Bruma, Chorrol/Weynon Priory, and then Cheydinhal.

Just imagine if the Defensive mode systems from Black Desert Online and Red Dead Online inspired the creation of a similar system for Cyrodiil and Imperial City... ;)

If you take a higher level, better geared toon in, you get the quests done much more quickly which reduces the amount of time you're exposed to danger of being jumped. I did some with my main and they went very easily, but then switched to a lowbie with better stealth and it took waaaaaaaaaaay longer, I was questing for about three days.

Thanks, but the plan was just to go there as soon as the character reached 10, do the content, and get out. I've been there, I've done it, both characters now have Cyrodiil Champion. I can stay away now, but, if they implemented some sort of Defensive mode system for use in Cyrodiil and Imperial City, I'd be sorely tempted to go back to those zones again, because although I could still be attacked, the penalties for attacking a Defensive Mode player would be just as horrendous as they are in the games I mentioned. Some people are so twisted, that there'd be no deterrent, but most'd get the message pretty quickly.
    Edited by sentientomega on November 26, 2019 8:39AM