Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Terrible 'jump' animation.

Censorious
Censorious
✭✭✭✭
I really hate to mention this but the height the character jumps to is out of all proportion to it's ability to clear obstacles.

If you run up to a low wall or fence and try to jump it. The character will jump to 2 or 3 times the height to the obstacle and STILL fall back because it's apparently too high.
This applies even to small rocks lying about the terrain.

It's bad enough not to be able to clear things that I know would be easy for a human, but to have insult added to injury by the giant superhero leap animation...
'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    This game has bad navigation, as you mentioned the clearing obstacles via jumping is shameful. Not to mention the amount of times I had to jump to clear a small curb or rock because the character apparently cannot step over a 2 inch height.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with it. Its just like jumping in elder scrolls. Perhaps you call it bad because it applies a bit more physics and realness then other mmos.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with it. Its just like jumping in elder scrolls. Perhaps you call it bad because it applies a bit more physics and realness then other mmos.

'a bit more physics'!

It's totally unreal. the character floats into the air 6 to 8 feet as though under 1/6 g then FAILS to clear the 2 foot obstacle you're trying to jump and drifts slowly back down to the ground.

As for the physics - lol! - I've got TWO degrees in physics and in neither of them does an invisible barrier extend upwards for ten feet above every pebble in the road.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.