The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is okay?

MercilessnVexed
MercilessnVexed
✭✭✭✭
I haven't gotten into RP, but when I find a group, particularly when they're having fun, I kinda join in buuuuuuuuut I don't really know what's allowed and what isn't. I don't mean to be rude, and truth be told I'm trying not to interrupt if I have to engage in some quest nearby but I will try to "blend in" if that makes sense. Most of the time I am ignored. Once in a while, I'm not.

There was a surprise birthday party at Riften - everyone knows the place :P - and I waited and yelled Surprise! with everyone, then whispered Happy Birthday to the person, who was genuinely crying from the sweet surprise. That was awesome. That seemed allowed. Nobody got upset.

However, there was a RP scene being acted out in Riften out on the dock a few days ago and I had just finished killing every single person upstairs, only to come out and "overhear/see" the emote discussion of the order being given to one character to go kill everyone upstairs. Wellll since I had literally just finished that, I emote mentioned it in passing. I was careful how I said it, and hoped not to bother anyone. I was completely ignored - well ya, I wasn't part of the scene. Had I known there was going to be one, I'd have avoided the area.

Well anyway, I guess I just want to hear from the RP populace what is "allowed" and what is not so I don't step on any toes.

Thanks for listenin!
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow don't everybody weigh in and reply at once. Guess what I'm doing is fine.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten into RP, but when I find a group, particularly when they're having fun, I kinda join in buuuuuuuuut I don't really know what's allowed and what isn't. I don't mean to be rude, and truth be told I'm trying not to interrupt if I have to engage in some quest nearby but I will try to "blend in" if that makes sense. Most of the time I am ignored. Once in a while, I'm not.

There was a surprise birthday party at Riften - everyone knows the place :P - and I waited and yelled Surprise! with everyone, then whispered Happy Birthday to the person, who was genuinely crying from the sweet surprise. That was awesome. That seemed allowed. Nobody got upset.

However, there was a RP scene being acted out in Riften out on the dock a few days ago and I had just finished killing every single person upstairs, only to come out and "overhear/see" the emote discussion of the order being given to one character to go kill everyone upstairs. Wellll since I had literally just finished that, I emote mentioned it in passing. I was careful how I said it, and hoped not to bother anyone. I was completely ignored - well ya, I wasn't part of the scene. Had I known there was going to be one, I'd have avoided the area.

Well anyway, I guess I just want to hear from the RP populace what is "allowed" and what is not so I don't step on any toes.

Thanks for listenin!

So long as they dont say anything you should be fine, generally if it's a scene I'm not part of I don't bother. I'm technecly not there, if it is a scene I'm in then we usually have an idea of what's going on. Rule of thumb for random rp, and I wished ppl followed this. "Dont do anything that can be considered harmful or life changing without asking the other person(s) first." I have had TONS blurt out that my khajiit was a werebeast, simply cause they knew ooc. Or ppl try to enslave, kill or other more adult things without even a whisper. Thankfully I have been rping for ages so getting out was easy.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an open world, nobody would blame you for interacting with npcs.

As long as you're being nice with other players, I doubt they would complain.

My guildmates often use the "mudball" emote as a "poke", so I guess you have a good margin on interactions.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    I rp socially awkward too :)

In the latter instance I might have rp'd a person from a alternative dimension that could see and hear the present dimension but couldn't be seen nor heard. Screaming "Look at me!!! I exist!!!" into general voice chat, only to ignore any replies as I'm not really there.

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don`t feel bad about being ignored, I am 99% sure that the rpers were talking about people in their roleplay and not the NPCs walking about. Very rarely do rpers use actual NPCs in game to correlate with the people in the scene they are creating.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!