Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Under 50 PVP

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
What are these players in under 50 PVP using to make the almost unkillable for a group of 7 people?

I know that they are probably player that have figured out a build that does this and a race and class but how is this balanced for the beginning PVP players?

The under 50 PVP area is almost empty all the time. My group gave up and called it the night. The buffs of emperor adds to this for these characters.

Is this the way it is going to stay?

Discourages players and makes it unfair to new PVPers
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    What are these players in under 50 PVP using to make the almost unkillable for a group of 7 people?
    Experienced PvPers who rolled a new character, quite likely using all golded sets. Aka "twinks".

Forget about the under 50 campaign, it's only good for emp swapping nowadays.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    But these players don't give the new players a chance to learn PVP before they have to go into the over 50 PVP areas.

Can't forget about the as they followed our group all over killing player couldn't kill them. They move constantly and evade the group with what seems to be unlimited resources and can hardly be damaged. They ruin the game for every one else but maybe the twinks. They do outrageous damage and make is so we can't even attack a keep.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Below 50 campains are empty - i suggest to play bg below 50, lots of fun (PC EU). Most of the players are new, few premades if any and its a great spot to learn you class. And to test it.

You will encounter players who score 20-30 kills per match (like myself) but its because i crafted my blue set for pvp and I grinded dolmens to lvl to 36 and unlock all major skills for pvp. Also i created a toon with decent build and rotations in mind. But 90% of players below 50 are fresh and relaxed, mostly playing objectives.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    But these players don't give the new players a chance to learn PVP before they have to go into the over 50 PVP areas.

Can't forget about the as they followed our group all over killing player couldn't kill them. They move constantly and evade the group with what seems to be unlimited resources and can hardly be damaged. They ruin the game for every one else but maybe the twinks. They do outrageous damage and make is so we can't even attack a keep.

You will encounter such "ball groups" in veteran campaigns very often 😁 better to avoid it, those probably will be voice coordinated and with healer/s. Healer means a lot. Dragonhold patch is a rise of pvp healer patch!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right, they don't. And it's unfortunately likely to stay that way because it's been that way for a long time.

If this group of 7 was friends, duel each other and do lowbie BGs together to get some practice with burst combos and coordination. Then I'd suggest going straight to the primary campaign, when you can join pug groups or stay with the herd until you are more comfortable. You'll still get lit up and you'll die a lot, because everyone does at first. And 810 CP is not insignificant in power difference. But at least you'll have allies and options on places to go and things to try instead of getting stomped over and over by the same twinks.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well think of it like this: they get their a**es wooped in normal campaigns so they need to compensate it somehow, the easiest solution is to fight people without experience, gear and so on. It's pretty pathetic approach.

That's why under 50 should be allowed only for accounts without CPs or <160 CPs (CPs are disabled there anyway, but it would be a filter for "account low experience"). Only then it would be truly rookie campaign.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Well think of it like this: they get their a**es wooped in normal campaigns so they need to compensate it somehow, the easiest solution is to fight people without experience, gear and so on. It's pretty pathetic approach.

That's why under 50 should be allowed only for accounts without CPs or <160 CPs (CPs are disabled there anyway, but it would be a filter for "account low experience"). Only then it would be truly rookie campaign.

There are people with CP who never did any kind of PVP and wanna give it a go. Those technically are also rookies so restrictions based on CP isn't exactly the right way to go if ur goal is to make it a campaign for rookies. But that campaign is dead anw so it doesn't matter
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

There are people with CP who never did any kind of PVP and wanna give it a go. Those technically are also rookies so restrictions based on CP isn't exactly the right way to go if ur goal is to make it a campaign for rookies. But that campaign is dead anw so it doesn't matter

Yet, they will still have more experience, knowledge and gear options than completly new player. If you have 1k+ CPs and never stepped into any kind of PvP the only thing you lack is experience. New players lack skills, gear, resources (for potions, gear upgrades etc.), sets that can be only dropped and many more. So IMHO experienced PvE players without any PvP experience still have huge advantage over completly new players.

Campaign is dead because in general ESO has shiftted from PvP oriented game to causal friendly MMO, and PvP is never casual friendly... unless you fight other casuals.

So in general to make this campaign more casual friendly:
    1. We need to make sure this campaign is availble only for new players.
    2. Add some nice rewards for participating, so actually new players will have some incentive to go there.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by grannas211 on November 25, 2019 8:43AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yet, they will still have more experience, knowledge and gear options than completly new player. If you have 1k+ CPs and never stepped into any kind of PvP the only thing you lack is experience. New players lack skills, gear, resources (for potions, gear upgrades etc.), sets that can be only dropped and many more. So IMHO experienced PvE players without any PvP experience still have huge advantage over completly new players.

Campaign is dead because in general ESO has shiftted from PvP oriented game to causal friendly MMO, and PvP is never casual friendly... unless you fight other casuals.

2. Add some nice rewards for participating, so actually new players will have some incentive to go there.

The campaign is dead because PVP in general is trash and the population is on a free fall but whatever.

As for the lowbie campaign specifically the whole issue is with gear. If you want to make it rookie friendly for people to learn to PvP without worrying about gear then address that issue. Standardized stats and gear doesn't matter. There you go, no need to restrict anyone from going in. Hit lvl 10 and jump in with ur white trash gear u started the game with.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I could at level 10

Use my Master Crafter to craft Gold Gear.
    Buy Skill lines from Crown Store
    Buy Skill points from Crown Store

Have a maxed skill line character that I paid for with crowns.

There must be a solution?
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I could at level 10

Use my Master Crafter to craft Gold Gear.
    Buy Skill lines from Crown Store
    Buy Skill points from Crown Store

Have a maxed skill line character that I paid for with crowns.

There must be a solution?

You know that no one does that though?
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the under 50 campaign should go away. It's already empty and tightening the ruleset would make it even emptier. Genuine new players have the completely reasonable expectation it's the kiddie pool and instead get introduced to PVP in a horrible way. How many new pvp'ers do we lose after that?

Getting thrown in the deep end isn't ideal either but at least the player expectations are set more truthfully.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet for a new player is find a large PvP guild for your faction. Guild finder actually works nicely now believe it or not, zos did something right xD. But yeah the lowbie campaign is dead, two years ago you would have had a different situation, the twinks we're still there but there was full on guilds of twinks who liked to teach new people. Now though that would be easier found in a large vet guild
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just go to vet. You'll learn how the vet camps work quicker and you'll be able to find a guild to help you along.

Under 50 is an emp farming server and is not for those new to pvp, not anymore.

For example, I knew people who used gold weapons, dungeon sets, asylum weapons, grinding out destro ult, dawnbreaker, and meteor.

Most are too comfortable with their ability to squash under geared, less experienced players and that's why they are still there.

Now, idk if this is the case for whoever you had issues with, as I'll hit u50 to grab skyshard, lore books, and vigor.

This may be the case for this person or persons, that you've encountered, as well.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet for a new player is find a large PvP guild for your faction. Guild finder actually works nicely now believe it or not, zos did something right xD. But yeah the lowbie campaign is dead, two years ago you would have had a different situation, the twinks we're still there but there was full on guilds of twinks who liked to teach new people. Now though that would be easier found in a large vet guild

The only trouble with this is that I, and most people, have different factions as characters. Joining a PVP guild only helps with some characters I have. I would have to join 3 guilds for PVP alone.

I agree with one of the posters that the balance needs to be adjusted to make it more fair and I think more players would play. Limit the difference that gear can make and such.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely using good complete sets with good abilities while utilizing LoS and other environmental factors. Things I rarely see from actually new, "inexperienced," whatever you wanna call them, under 50 players.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no PvP area that will be easier on beginners than the main 30 day campaign. Find a large group and try to follow them around. The other campaigns are just experienced players looking to 1vX or get the Emp title.

Whether you have help or not from a PvP guild or group, when starting out in PvP you're going to die. A lot. Like a real lot.

Its part of learning how to get better. Seems dumb at first having to respawn a thousand times, but you'll start to pick up things here and there and get faster at reacting to keep yourself alive.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be better a couple years ago when i started on EU server. The campaign was a live and full of noobs like me who were excited to learn the ropes even when we died (mostly talking about my friends and some opponents i talked to). Not the case anymore. Now you will find there almost nothing but people in unreasonable gear for their level who get such a huge advantage that fighting them you will learn nothing but how disappointing the pvp got in this game.

I do think that restricting it to under cp160 account wide would be slightly better than what it currently is or even shutting down that campaign (though than i would not have stayed).

What i would like to see instead though is having some kind of system that restricts the gear a player can use. Like maybe above blue quality level the items don't give bonuses or better of, having some kind of vendor that lets you borrow dedicated pvp gear for that campaign. But that would be too much investment for the devs. So.. just close it.
    Edited by Demra on November 27, 2019 10:27PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The campaign is dead because PVP in general is trash and the population is on a free fall but whatever.

As for the lowbie campaign specifically the whole issue is with gear. If you want to make it rookie friendly for people to learn to PvP without worrying about gear then address that issue. Standardized stats and gear doesn't matter. There you go, no need to restrict anyone from going in. Hit lvl 10 and jump in with ur white trash gear u started the game with.

Yet I don't understand why you persist on allowing twinks to play with new players? Are you one of those who play on twinks? For new comers it's better to play with lower numbers than to play against experienced players. I thought about gear standardisation to, but experienced player will still slaughter all newbies despite of same gear.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet I don't understand why you persist on allowing twinks to play with new players? Are you one of those who play on twinks? For new comers it's better to play with lower numbers than to play against experienced players. I thought about gear standardisation to, but experienced player will still slaughter all newbies despite of same gear.

Well If you would Stop people who have CP to enter below 50 PvP the campaign is just gonna die completely and you could just as Well delete it.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Under 50 is not for beginners

It is for people with small "ego" to feed themselves so come to non-cp, at least people will help you

And you will learn from more experienced players:)
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only trouble with this is that I, and most people, have different factions as characters. Joining a PVP guild only helps with some characters I have. I would have to join 3 guilds for PVP alone.

I agree with one of the posters that the balance needs to be adjusted to make it more fair and I think more players would play. Limit the difference that gear can make and such.

That's the thing about faction lock, give and take
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, the lowbie campaign when I first started playing did have standardized white gear for all for balance. My memory is a little foggy due to all the flower, but if I remember correctly they ruined that with cp at the start because you could have max cp in lowbie and be a god
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't persist on anything, I couldn't care less what you do with it. Lol

I'm just saying that your solution doesn't address the issue. Its just lowering the population of a campaign struggling for population in the first place. You may as well delete it at that point. But this isn't even the issue with ur solution. The issue is that you are trying to fix a problem by trying to control a variable which is impossible to control.

You can't control player skill. There are literally grand overlords who don't even know the basics of pvp and there are people who started playing a month ago and they are 1vXing those grand overlords. You can't code player skill.

Your issue is with twinks using gear to get an advantage. Ok then, take away their gear and you have an even playing field. Player skill is irrelevant. Lowbie or not they will always fight better players

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-snip-

They are using having all their opponents being completely ***.
    Cant get get killed if you're a better player than everyone else.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I helped start a guild on PCNA directed at training newbies to small group. We ended up being the jumping point for a lot of folks that were/are successful soloists on vet campaigns or valuable members of small groups. To be clear, the folks that do well in nonvet do well in vet - I can 1vX against folks in vet just as easily (and arguably. the bad folks in vet are worse) as in nonvet, but if a solid play chips in on vet you are infinitely more screwed than in nonvet and as such 1vX. An conditionally be less forgiving.

I don’t play a lot anymore, and frankly, the nonvet campaign when it had population and was organized was a lot more fun than anything I’ve had in vet, even twink vs twink, but it seems pretty dead now.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I pop into this camp I have a great time. Only downside, and it's a big one, is the difficulty of guards imo
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove battle spirit buff or use it to keep gear at green. People using purple 2-5pc and 1-2pc sets get a huge buff from battlespirit.

It wont solve the gap between skilled and non skilled but it will keep the damage down a lot.

But all this is pointless if nobody plays the camp. I often hear of how many people were in under 50 on X night, but all I've seen the last few times I've been there is like less then 10 ppl per faction.

When 1 person is soloing keeps, the camp is dead. Move on to vet and let the new players move in.

As of now most know what under50 is or was, twinks seal clubbing inexperienced players, and that's why they've stayed away.

Pvp will continue to die because of selfish people who dont see the bigger picture.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Pvp will continue to die because of selfish people who dont see the bigger picture.

Just curious, what is the bigger picture? Enlighten me.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)