The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

🏡 Homestead 2.0

TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
✭✭✭
***DISCLAIMER***
The views and opinions represented in this post are solely mine and are posted by my own choosing. No official rep has asked this of me.

🏡 HOMESTEAD 2.0 🏡

As some of you may know, there has been no MAJOR updates to Homestead since its induction February 2017. That being said, we have had several new and interesting home options in the last 2 yrs.

In this post I embark on a solutions based approach for BOTH the player base AND ZOS/BETHESDA’s sales revenue. Before anyone gets upset- If we want NEW stuff added to the game IT WILL ALWAYS COME AT A COST TO ANY GAMING COMPANY! So instead of creating another, “I want this in game please” post; I thought to give this a try.

My only intent and hope is that ZOS think about all the possibilities to appease both the bottom line of the company and its loyal fan base, as well as spur a SOLUTIONS based conversation within the Homestead community at large.

🏗 Plots Updated- Plots would be an ADDITIONAL offering to existing purchasable homes and would be ‘unlocked’ after completing a zone’s/DLC’s main quest line +a short ‘land acquisition’ quest, similar to the “Friend in Need” first housing quest.

Once a zone ‘s quest line is complete you can purchase a plot of land by completing a simple FINAL quest given by a “REALTOR” NPC like at the beginning of Homestead. The quest would entail having to “clean out an area of mobs/npcs in order to finally purchase the deed.
These plots could be small/medium and style dependent on the zone in which its located.

As an added form of revenue for ZOS- larger plots could be made purchasable in the crown store every quarter and still require the ‘land acquisition’ quest to unlock it. Current plots available: Coldharbour & now Moon-Sugar Meadow.
The unlock quest makes it feel more immersive and fresh all whilst creating anticipation for the new content and DLC to the Homestead community and others alike.

🍽 A La Carté-
New add ons to existing ESO PLUS SUB!

These could include but not limited to:
•additional storage via bag upgrades/pvp siege weapons/furnishing storage solutions etc....

Side bar- I know devs have stated in several ESO live streams that the coding for the furnishing/pvp gear bags etc... is not in the works atm.

🧿 Creative Mode- NON PTS
New game mode for homestead enthusiasts/builders/designers/decorators/architects alike on ALL platforms, whereby ALL AVAILABLE HOMESTEAD PROPERTIES, LAND PLOTS & FURNISHING ASSETS are available to PREVIEW, PLACE, and BUILD WITH for NO additional crowns! However, the service would be an add on to the existing ESO PLUS SUB at a “discounted” rate. For ex: a la carte +$10/mo. (I would totally pay for this service!)

Port in EHT from PC to Base game-
Its an absolute travesty to us console plebs to NOT have this EPIC addition to Homestead already! (I know I know, coding is no easy overnight task) But whenever is better than NEVER!!!!

Thanks ZOS for the first steps at implementing some EHT into the base game with the parent/child grouping tools!! 👏🏽 But we wants more!!! ;)

📥 GENERAL FORUM POST FEATURE “IN REVIEW”- Forum section
As the title suggests, an added forums section for all the COMMUNITY IDEAS to be recognized/validated and REVIEWED by the Devs!!! Its a way to effectively communicate, acknowledge and respond to your loyal player base!

Each new entry post can be evaluated by the devs- ones that are most feasible and fall in line with the mission/vision of ZOS future basegame patches & DLC’s would receive the green-light “UNDER REVIEW/PSIJIC EYE/WATCHERS” designation.

Once the specific nomenclature
has been assigned and given, this lets the rest of the community KNOW it is to be implemented in a future patch. Gives the community the acknowledgement and recognition it desperately craves and deserves as well as a fresh take on the game from our vantage point to the devs.

Building Assets-
New color/texture/size/shape variants of existing building structure assets. Add this to “CREATIVE MODE” a la carte feature or as basegame! Either way Homestead desperately needs some building block varieties.

👀This coupled with the PLOTS, CREATIVE MODE features would drive up interest in Homestead as well as be an attractive option for the builder/ SIMS type of playerbase who may decide to purchase and play ESO in the future.

⚒🚧 Builder tools:
Adding collapsible scaffolding available at all home good vendors

📞These features/add ons would also allow both the homestead community & the devs to have OPEN communications!

🆙Please keep this going by adding in a SOLUTION based idea and how it could BENEFIT BOTH THE COMMUNITY & ZOS’s bottom line!

‼️Remember we can’t expect to be heard if we only input non-constructive criticism! LETS GET CREATIVE
HOMESTEADERS!!!!
💜🏡
@Elara_Northwind, @Zypheran, @Currygaminginc, @bayushi2005, @JHartEllis, @Delphinia, @SantieClaws, @R_K - please keep the convo going! We need as many in the homestead community to sound off as possible!!

Ps- Im posting this in BOTH the Housing and Gen discussion threads for VISIBILITY!

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, please forward this to the appropriate Housing team lead! 💜🏡
Edited by TwIsTeDReDQuEeN on September 21, 2019 5:27PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN I personally appreciate how you laid out your points in a thoughtful, well-organized and positive manner. This... This is the absolute #1 reason why I love our Housing Community. Above and beyond your creativity - creativity that is seemingly limitless - I love your passion for this game and for Housing, and your mature way of expressing it. Thank you - to all of you - for being you. <3
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate all the time and thought you put into this idea and thread, but I cannot agree to paying any more per month for this game. I am an ESO Plus subscriber already. I would like to see more attention given to housing by the ESO webpage and gaming events.

I would rather see an increase in the number of slots for notable homes and/or more medium size homes, especially unique ones like Sun-In-Shadow’s home in Sadrith Mora (okay, this is really a small home) or a townhome in Riverhold or Rimmen.

Both of these assets already exist in game so the design is already done, just open up one of those many locked houses in both areas for player housing. There are actually two or three different Elsweyr townhome styles to choose from already.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything positive that can be added to housing improves the game immensely as it is a huge part of the game for a lot of people.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with almost all of what you have written. But I too am wary of paying more to a company who routinely ignore their customers.
    I have subbed since day one, and continue to do so, and I think that along with the purchasing Houses and DLC is enough of my money thrown at a game.

Recolouring of items at a dye station would be immensely useful, and allow for so much more creativity and individuality.
    This would only be do-able once per item, and the item would be locked to your account immediately.

We absolutely need more walls / usable doors / floors in every racial style to match the homes.This really shouldn't be a major thing to introduce, but it would improve housing exponentially.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when housing was now being released, Zos said they were working on farming. Slowing players to grow certain foods and alchemical ingredients.

I’d also like to see passive bonuses from housing in PVE ONLY.

For example:
    •sleeping increases maximum Health/Stamina/Magicka by 1000 for an hour
    • staying in your home for 15 minutes grants a boost to the recoveries
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As always I completely agree with you @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN and agree that we need to keep pushing ZOS to deliver on housing.
    Sometimes though I get very disheartened when it becomes painfully obvious that they really don't listen or interact with our housing community.
    I think the first and most important step would be for ZOS to appoint housing reps in order to improve the communication flow between devs and the community.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would really like to see them continue to add additional features to the housing editor. I'm not sure they'd be able to include everything in EHT on console, but the more functionality and ease of use things they can do would be most appreciated by us console plebs.

And, these updates should be free, base-game updates. Like the continued updates they make to PvP, for example. Like destructible bridges or artifact weapons. Or what they've done to improve crafting with multicraft.

The revenue generated from housing should continue to be from new homes and CS-exclusive furnishings, which you can ignore if you wish. But I shouldn't have to pay for any QoL improvements or new housing systems - like farming, for example.

I'm not sure what you mean by a creative mode. I'm guessing it's a feature where you can try out and experiment with various homes, like players can on PTS, but I'm not sure how that would be feasible on live. They would have to create the ability to enter a "creative" instance of every home, even ones you already own, and then give you access to every single housing item. Which isn't even the case on PTS. On PTS, unless the item is in the CS (in which case you have to purchase it for 1 crown), you have to either craft it (in the case of, say, a MW furnishing) or buy it from an achievement vendor. But, in this creative mode, they'd have to somehow just have all items in a huge warehouse for you to just pull and place, in addition to a special creative mode of each home. Plus, they'd have to continually add to it. I'm just not sure that's feasible, though I think it's a neat idea.

I agree with more building items so that builders can just build what they want more easily on the open plots of land - of which we already have 2, as you mentioned, but I think Hunter's Glade kind of falls into that as well, even though there is a ruin at the entrance.

While I'd love to see more new houses purchasable with gold, I can understand that they want to limit those so that they can generate revenue from houses. I just wish we still had gold options with the chapters. MW gave us a medium and large home for purchase with gold, along with the inn room. Summerset gave us one - a large home - in addition to the inn room. Elsweyr gave us the inn room, but we did get a free expandable home with the Hall of the Lunar Champion. We also got a free Psijic Villa, so I can't complain too much. As long as future CS-only homes come in a variety of sizes/prices - to fit more budgets - then that's ok with me.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN , thank you for posting this! I can see you put a lot of time and thought into it and totally love and agree with what you've said. You have my full support! 💗🥂
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well said. I fear that even this logical and well-thought out plea will go unread.

That said, the furniture storage bag would totally be worth a few extra dollars a month, I love the creative mode concept, and more structural items.

The most important suggestion here is the GENERAL FORUM POST FEATURE “IN REVIEW”- Forum section. I would pay extra dollars a month to not be ignored :p
    Edited by sueblue on September 24, 2019 3:52AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More chests to store items and making items stored in chests accesible through banker.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really wonderful post and great ideas! It's true that we always seem to be pushed into a corner and ignored despite the income we must surely generate for ZOS. We may not be the biggest community but deserve as much respect and to be listened to as any other! It's our game too!

As a rather tightly knit community where everybody seems to know one another, we may not always agree on everything, but I think one thing that we can all agree on 100% is that housing in the game needs major improvements, and as people who spend so much time building and decorating, we continually give ZOS our suggestions and feedback on a regular basis, but it's like our words fall on deaf ears most of the time, especially when they still release homes the size of small zones, or 'medium' homes, because that's what we asked for, right? Homes with a 400 item limit? Who cares if it's double the size of any other medium home :D

I completely support everything in your post, especially the different size and colour options! All custom builds feel very samey right now, as they all use the same 1 of 4 style walls, which come in just 2 awkward to work with lengths. More lengths and colours/textures would be wonderful <3
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 24, 2019 6:35AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already (it probably has), but my major wants are:

-An increased furnishing size limit for Notable homes, especially for the 'Special Collectibles' category. (10 is way too small -- 20, 30, or even 50 would be better! [My Notable home feels entirely empty even though it is fully decorated])
    -A proper Wayshrine-like Exit System (when exiting one's home, the world-map should pop up and be displayed -- just like regular Wayshrines in literally any other zone)
    -Add 'mannequins' of players' characters for cosmetic display, as a target dummy, or to even function as extra storage 'crates,' etc. (Again, make houses feel more full and alive)
    -Add writ-boards and writ-drops for master writs and master crafters
    -Add guild bank & guild store accessibility (either add it to the Banker NPC or create a new NPC/Merchant/Trader-stall carriage)
    -Add ability/command/setting to change the ingame time/weather within one's house (morning/noon/evening/night & clear/cloudy/rain)
    -Add ability/command/setting to perma-flag PVP on or off
    -Add NPCs, such as stationary or wandering Guards, a Housing Butler/Daily Quest Giver, and/or something other than Target Dummies (again, make Housing feel more alive!)
    -Increase the player-count size limit of Notable Homes from 24 to 30 or even 50. (The small player-limit size makes 'guild halls' still not suitable for large ingame guild events)
    -Remove Imperial-style Furnishings from Crown-Store exclusivity and add their respective blueprints & recipes to the game (because no ingame blueprints correctly matches the Nibanese/Imperial style of Linchal Grand Manor notable home)

Those are my major wants, off of the top of my head.
    Maybe someday we'll get some of them -- any of them.
    If ZOS hired me, maybe even all of them! :D

#MakeHousingGreatAgain
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on September 24, 2019 5:04AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already (it probably has), but my major wants are:

-An increased furnishing size limit for Notable homes, especially for the 'Special Collectibles' category. (10 is way too small -- 20, 30, or even 50 would be better! [My Notable home feels entirely empty even though it is fully decorated])
    -A proper Wayshrine-like Exit System (when exiting one's home, the world-map should pop up and be displayed -- just like regular Wayshrines in literally any other zone)
    -Add 'mannequins' of players' characters for cosmetic display, as a target dummy, or to even function as extra storage 'crates,' etc. (Again, make houses feel more full and alive)
    -Add writ-boards and writ-drops for master writs and master crafters
    -Add guild bank & guild store accessibility (either add it to the Banker NPC or create a new NPC/Merchant/Trader-stall carriage)
    -Add ability/command/setting to change the ingame time/weather within one's house (morning/noon/evening/night & clear/cloudy/rain)
    -Add ability/command/setting to perma-flag PVP on or off
    -Add NPCs, such as stationary or wandering Guards, a Housing Butler/Daily Quest Giver, and/or something other than Target Dummies (again, make Housing feel more alive!)
    -Increase the player-count size limit of Notable Homes from 24 to 30 or even 50. (The small player-limit size makes 'guild halls' still not suitable for large ingame guild events)
    -Remove Imperial-style Furnishings from Crown-Store exclusivity and add their respective blueprints & recipes to the game (because no ingame blueprints correctly matches the Nibanese/Imperial style of Linchal Grand Manor notable home)

Those are my major wants, off of the top of my head.
    Maybe someday we'll get some of them -- any of them.
    If ZOS hired me, maybe even all of them! :D

#MakeHousingGreatAgain

Great list! 🙂 A while ago I compiled an enormous list of points made by people throughout the housing community and I sent this directly to ZOS, and it was apparently then passed on to the dev team, but we never heard another peep after that! There is a link to it somewhere in the community area on my channel I think, I’ll see if I can find it when I get a mo and stick the link in here! 🙂 it was such an extensive document covering so much, and it’s sad that it has barely been acknowledged!

On a more positive note, though, ZOS must have listened to us somewhat, because invisible ceilings inside homes no longer seems to be a thing! Now if only they could remove those from the old homes too... 😉
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    💐Thank you everyone for your feedback, support and 💜! Im very passionate about Homestead so much so its crept into my RL and now Im on my way to selling Real Estate! 🤣

🌞The Homestead community is a beautiful ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy landscape. Sadly, the game has other priority “pain points” with server issues and broken systems atm. I will hope we can see a turnaround to Homesteading in 2020. #MakeHousingGreatAgain 🙃🏡

🚨Until then Id say keep sounding the alarms, keep the community involved and speaking up. Even if we are ignored now, at some point they will have to listen to the player-base.

📯This is an EPIC world they built for us, and the art team deserves our support as well. Im sure they are under enormous pressure when designing our homes and landscapes. Perhaps if we continue our battlecry they will get the support they need and in turn we get the product we so happily paid for!

🆘📣🗯Until then, Let your shouts be heard throughout all of Nirn!!!!

Ps- @R_K ,
    Thank you for your continued love and support of our humble community!!! You have been a driving force behind the scenes and Im proud to know you continue making Homestead great to all those you serve!! Im still hopeful we will get to enjoy your EPIC tools on ALL platforms and as base game at some point in our ESO future! 💜

We’ve heard a rumor.....could it be so?!
    😮 🤔 🤗 😉
    Edited by TwIsTeDReDQuEeN on November 19, 2019 4:27PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    💐Thank you everyone for your feedback, support and 💜! Im very passionate about Homestead so much so its crept into my RL and now Im on my way to selling Real Estate! 🤣

Congratulations on your start to the new career - I wish you the absolute best of luck! <3 Sell lots and lots of houses and make lots of money! (And recruit even more builders to our in-game Community too while you're at it!) :wink:

Ps- @R_K ,
    Thank you for your continued love and support of our humble community!!! You have been a driving force behind the scenes and Im proud to know you continue making Homestead great to all those you serve!! Im still hopeful we will get to enjoy your EPIC tools on ALL platforms and as base game at some point in our ESO future! 💜

😮 🤔 🤗 😉

Thank you so much. Making housing tools for this Community is my passion because of the Community. I have literally never seen such a talented, courteous, caring and passionate group of players before and I regard the opportunity to write these add-ons for any who would use them to be a true honor. <3

...and yes, said rumor is indeed true. ;) Of course I can't say what to expect... but I am a member of the ZOS team now, so... things & stuff? :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN

Congratulations on your start to the new career - I wish you the absolute best of luck! <3 Sell lots and lots of houses and make lots of money! (And recruit even more builders to our in-game Community too while you're at it!) :wink:

Ps- @R_K ,

😮 🤔 🤗 😉

Thank you so much. Making housing tools for this Community is my passion because of the Community. I have literally never seen such a talented, courteous, caring and passionate group of players before and I regard the opportunity to write these add-ons for any who would use them to be a true honor. <3

...and yes, said rumor is indeed true. ;) Of course I can't say what to expect... but I am a member of the ZOS team now, so... things & stuff? :)

Thanks for this little tidbit of information! While there are no details (which I perfectly understand you can't give), just knowing that there is something on the horizon for housing is encouragement enough.
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Cardinal

Thank you! Will do lol! Im pretty geeked for the year ahead and all the epicness that will ensue!! Im sooooo happy for you in this new endeavor and Im thrilled to know our beloved Homestead community will have someone in our corner!!!
    HUGE CONGRATS!!!! 🎉🥂💐
    Cant wait for 2020!!!! 🤗💜

*squeals in 🧝🏽‍♀️*
    Edited by TwIsTeDReDQuEeN on November 20, 2019 11:36PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooohhhh... exciting!

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really worry with all the complaints about item limits being too low that they will stop making epic notable houses that are huge and with lots of space and land and high ceilings. I love these epic homes but just want the limits increased not the houses shrinking. I'd like smaller and medium homes too though, some with more actual rooms.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flowerpots or some interactive pieces of ground where You could plant flowers and after X amount of time harvest them.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 20, 2019 12:15PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I really worry with all the complaints about item limits being too low that they will stop making epic notable houses that are huge and with lots of space and land and high ceilings. I love these epic homes but just want the limits increased not the houses shrinking. I'd like smaller and medium homes too though, some with more actual rooms.

I hope we continue to get both. I don't like the large, epic houses - not because they're hard to decorate within the item limits, but because they are just too big for me and way too expensive for me to purchase.

Small and medium homes are nice for players who like smaller-sized homes and also can afford them. I think it's important to provide new options for players of various budget levels.

I do hope the grand homes continue, as I believe they do generate revenue, but I think ZOS is starting to realize that there is a market for smaller homes at smaller prices. So far, that's translated into a few medium homes which are unfortunately pushing the item limit (200/400) due to their size. I'd also love some small homes (100/200 slots) as well as some large homes (300/600 slots). More variety would be great to see.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN

Ps- @R_K ,

😮 🤔 🤗 😉

Just to clarify, I was confirming that I am now a ZOS team member. With that said, moving forward I'll be posting under my developer account @ZOS_Cardinal. You can look for me under that name going forward, where I will be posting, ya know... things & stuff. :smile:
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Cardinal , again congratulations and tysm for all you do 💕🥂
    Edited by Delphinia on November 20, 2019 10:02PM
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN

Ps- @R_K ,

😮 🤔 🤗 😉

Just to clarify, I was confirming that I am now a ZOS team member. With that said, moving forward I'll be posting under my developer account @ZOS_Cardinal. You can look for me under that name going forward, where I will be posting, ya know... things & stuff. :smile:

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Your tag is at ZOS NOW!!!! 💜🎉🤗🥂
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh! Just happened to stumble across this! Congratulations @ZOS_Cardinal ! I'll never forget the time you came to help me fix my stained glass window layering problem. So happy for you! <3
    Edited by Ostacia on November 23, 2019 11:34PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake