The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patching vs. Repairing

ldwulfub17_ESO
Curious to hear about the experience of others here. I now have almost 2 months (I was in public beta) of experience to go on here...

On my MacBook Pro, whenever a patch comes out, I open Launcher, it patches, and I play.

On our iMac, whenever a patch comes out, I open Launcher, it tries to patch, we get an Access Denied error and it requires a 25GB Repair. It then works.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious to hear about the experience of others here. I now have almost 2 months (I was in public beta) of experience to go on here...

On my MacBook Pro, whenever a patch comes out, I open Launcher, it patches, and I play.

On our iMac, whenever a patch comes out, I open Launcher, it tries to patch, we get an Access Denied error and it requires a 25GB Repair. It then works.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
    Only that the Launcher seems to decide to do it sometimes. It may be related to some error in the install data files not storing the update information correctly.

Normally running Repair fixes it. And it shouldn't actually require a total new download of that size. It will verify the data and builds a temporary folder and files first without any actual download, then verify and download normally a few smaller updates (I think mostly the database ones and any it thinks needs update)
    Then it should do that several times for the different content and Complete.

If it tries to download the whole lot again then Cancel and Repair usually sorts it as above.

You could always try copying the install that works fine to your iMac (move the existing install to Desktop) and letting it Repair and update that one to see if it resolves it.

If you used the Beta for a while then you may not have downloaded the newer Launcher? It is the one found
    on your Account page.

Think there are still some issues that need fixing with the Launcher.
  • zoolii
    zoolii
    Soul Shriven
    Yes,on my Imac too ...repair ,but not effect,quests are bugged,game not playable..nice...
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    zoolii wrote: »
    Yes,on my Imac too ...repair ,but not effect,quests are bugged,game not playable..nice...
    Give some more details of your Mac and the exact issue you are having and we can try to help you sort it. Most issues can be.

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…
  • darkagejedi
    darkagejedi
    ✭✭
    Every since todays patch I suddenly get an error that says that my version is recognized, repair icon cues and it downloads a small update-- nothing gets better and then it suddenly disappears if I just leave the launcher open long enough
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every since todays patch I suddenly get an error that says that my version is recognized, repair icon cues and it downloads a small update-- nothing gets better and then it suddenly disappears if I just leave the launcher open long enough
    Bit hard to work out exactly what the problem is from this @darkagejedi‌
    Did the Launcher actually update the game and then stop working normally? Or was it during update?

Can you please write the exact words for the error and number if there is one.

Have you tried rebooting your Mac?

Once you have done that try again. If it still gives the error you need to try the Repair option which is in the Game Options drop down menu under News on the Launcher window. Let it run through the verifying process and hopefully it will do more small downloads if needed and complete.

If that doesn't help. post back with the details requested and we'll try to help further.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    Hmm... When the beta was concluding, in the FAQ about the launch it specifically said you did NOT need to download a new launcher and you could keep using the one from the beta...

Are you suggesting this was not true and we actually had to do a complete uninstall / reinstall?
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    My Launcher is 1.3.5.964404

My game version is 1.0.0
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... When the beta was concluding, in the FAQ about the launch it specifically said you did NOT need to download a new launcher and you could keep using the one from the beta...

Are you suggesting this was not true and we actually had to do a complete uninstall / reinstall?
    They said you could use the Installed game which was able to be patched up to date.
    Players who took part in our Beta testing do not have to reinstall the game client when ESO officially launches. They simply need to patch the client using the ESO launcher.
    There was a different Installation download prior to the existing one (it was a .dmg file Install_ESO_Beta.dmg) They replaced the Launcher with a new Java Launcher.app about a week before Early Access and why I mentioned it.

Your version numbers all look fine.

Try the Repair process outlined above. If it still doesn't help any of that, post back.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 15, 2014 11:52PM
  • darkagejedi
    darkagejedi
    ✭✭
    "Error 209- Patch Manifest Error
    Unable to determine current version. Please run the game consultant tool (followed by details how to do that) and contact customer support"

Ive already run the repair tool, as I noted, many times- at least ten times. The workaround is to keep closing the launcher and rebooting, until eventually- the launcher launches with just "Play" highlighted.
  • jopsomer
    jopsomer
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here. Just restarting a bunch of times eventually gets me in. Not sure if it's Mac-specific or not, but it sure looks like a bug introduced in the latest patch :-(
  • MalazanSapper
    Unable to determine current version. Please run the game consultant tool (followed by details how to do that) and contact customer support"

Ive already run the repair tool, as I noted, many times- at least ten times. The workaround is to keep closing the launcher and rebooting, until eventually- the launcher launches with just "Play" highlighted.

Having the same problem. Thanks for the workaround, I'll give it a try.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    This problem surfaced for me this morning as well... never had it before.

According to the login screen:

Game Version: eso.live.1.0.0.968197 (2014/04/12) 23:59:15 (0.win.0.live.968197)

Note that in "About The Elder Scrolls Online" it just says "Version 1.0.0 (1.0.0)"
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ldwulfub17_ESO that is the correct updated version number/ details:
    Game Version: eso.live.1.0.0.968197 (2014/04/12) 23:59:15 (0.win.0.live.968197)
    Not sure which issue you are referring to here? Can you please post the exact error message as it helps to understand which things it may be.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

Your first message was:
    You say here that "my version is recognized" but I'm guessing you mean NOT recognized?

Did you try reinstalling the Launcher from the Accounts page as it may be an issue with the current one?

I am pretty certain from the PC TS threads on this that it is an issue with the NA patcher server.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    For everyone still with this issue check this thread on CS section. It appears it is an issue with the NA patcher server not working correctly rather than anything Launcher/ client end. Just giving false messages:

ERROR 301: UNABLE TO CONNECT / ERROR 209: PATCHING MANIFEST ERROR

In that thread it mostly fixed itself after multiple relaunchs of the Launcher (mentioned above) or switching to the Europe server via Options (top right cog icon) and Apply. Let it patch then change back to NA server same way and let it patch. But read that thread as there is better instruction on this there.

It's clear from that thread and many others it seems the problem and ZOS need to sort it as it happens each update it seems especially on NA server (busier one) Also explains why I had no issue when updating for EU client, though the Launcher still has other issues sometimes for others.

it's also well worth to check Customer Services and PC Technical Support when you have an issue like this which is cross-platform and often Launcher/ login/ server end for any workarounds etc.

If you get Error 301 it's more than likely it's simply the login server/ game server is overloaded.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 16, 2014 3:25PM