The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I ask for help on the proper way to manage a roleplay guild?

TheDragonMeister
TheDragonMeister
Soul Shriven
My brother and I each created a guild that we made for Roleplay. We haven't roleplayed in game yet as the other guilds require discord or filling out an application on another site. We roleplayed on sites before and we think rp in eso would be a fun experience so we made guilds for that but we haven't been able to get other's to join the guilds and it's rather disappointing. Do rp guilds require a guild hall? If so I'll need to save a lot of gold for the guild house and thats not counting the furniture. I get on the game as often as I can and thats often enough to rp I believe but I never really got a chance to try it. I wanted to join one guild before that was a evil/criminal based rp guild since my main character is evil however the joining of the guild was rather confusing. They asked me questions in game then directed me to the guild site to fill out an application but the process was confusing and I just didn't join. I honestly don't think joining an rp guild should be that hard and boring. If I tell my character's backstory and motive in life then that should be all and not require a 30 question application that takes me hours to fill out because of my autism.

If anyone can help me on how to manage an rp guild in the game and maybe if anyone has a guild that doesn't require a long application to fill out and is willing to let me and my brother get a chance to rp in game that would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
  • TheDragonMeister
    TheDragonMeister
    Soul Shriven
    I forgot to mention I'm on the PC NA server.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some RP guilds are very specific about what they want, some are not. I assume your using the guild Finder tool in game to list your guild.

You could also post a thread in the Guild section of the forums here to help find players. Or, you could find an RP guild in that same section.

As for a Guild Hall, it will help but is no means a requirement. Note, we don't have guild halls per say, just a house someone dedicated to the guild.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheDragonMeister
    TheDragonMeister
    Soul Shriven
    I know how to advertise but my problem is I never roleplayed in game before so before I have like 200 members I'd like to know how different rp in game is from a site. I don't have the house I want to use for the guild hall yet as it's like 3 mill gold. I mostly want to know how I need to manage an rp guild in this game not how to advertise it. If anyone is wanting to help with that please let me know.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how to advertise but my problem is I never roleplayed in game before so before I have like 200 members I'd like to know how different rp in game is from a site. I don't have the house I want to use for the guild hall yet as it's like 3 mill gold. I mostly want to know how I need to manage an rp guild in this game not how to advertise it. If anyone is wanting to help with that please let me know.

I think the answer is you need to take the time to join several RP guilds, and see how different guilds run. This will give you the best insight into how best to run things.

I know it may be a pain and that certainly puts me off, but if you are passionate about RP I encourage you to put a little time aside and/or get someone to help you fill out the applications etc online.

I understand there are also locations in game where RP players gather, you should look into that as folks there may be able to offer you some helpful pointers.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you never roleplayed before you better cancel this and find an out-of-game roleplay community that does not rely only on ESO but on medival/fantasy itself. Or just join an existing guild and find out how that is. MMO roleplaying + guild is a can of worms on raid level.

Everyone has his own idea about RP. Even if you only ask for not using abbrevations in chat you will face problems. You will have to deal with passive RP gankers and militant hardcore RPers. They ll suck all fun out of you and force you into hard decisions like kicking people from guild or into capitulation. The later might be also the end of the game for you.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just pretend.

I'll get my coat......
  • TheDragonMeister
    TheDragonMeister
    Soul Shriven
    I know how to roleplay. I've roleplayed on sites before. I just never roleplayed in a video game before. I looked at the guilds in the guild finder but most require you to stay within the lore and I don't know or remember the lore that well. I know what roleplay is and I want to do it but I can't find the right guild so I'm trying to make my own, but I don't know how to get others to be willing to join a guild with an owner that hasn't roleplayed in game before.