The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What ESO needs to do to stay relevant.

Tickets2Gunshow
Has anyone played the last couple expansions and thought, "I enjoyed it, but it's just more of the same?" Well here's one humble players opinion for what ESO needs to do to stay relevant and competitive.

Character Creation/Armor Design: So other MMORPGS like Black Desert Online, Bless Online, Final Fantasy 14, Tera: Rising, Blade and Soul, ArcheAge, and the list goes on; features more stylized character designs, including physics with the hair, breasts, and more revealing armor designs. There is NO sex appeal in ESO. None. Are we that "woke" now?

PVP: So all the competitive shooters are doing it - Battle Royale. There I said it. It could work really well for large player count Battle Ground sessions. Just scrap Cyrodiil. It's always been poorly implemented and designed. Look to games like PUBG and Black Ops 4 and see how they bring players against each other with a shrinking dome or a wall of fire, and see how the tension grows as the battlefield changes.

Verticality: Many MMORPGS are implementing flying mounts which can take one to flying cities or islands in the sky, or just mountain tops or previously unreachable areas. Final Fantasy 14, World of War Craft, and many others are doing this. ESO already has flying islands in it's lore.

Deep Sea Diving: We've seen ocean diving in many MMORPGS too. It would be awesome to explore forgotten under water tombs like you can in Atlas and ArcheAge, just to name a few.

Sailing: Archeage and Atlast and others i'm sure will allow you to craft your own boat and sail the open seas and explore other lands. Tamriel looks to be one big continent, but there are islands one can have a more hands on approach to reaching instead of just the wayshrines. Hell, we don't even get a proper cut scene when sailing in ESO. We're just treated to a load screen. Yaay.

Sound off in the comments below and tell me what you would like to see.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will battle royal would not work well in an game with lots of AoE and melee combat?
    Its also based a lot around finding gear in the zone something who don't work well for ESO.

No need for flying with wayshirnes around all the places, Add that you still have to use the gates between the zones.
    Game was designed from the start to not require flying

Plenty of revealing outfits in ESO. However its not an Asian MMO so no sexy underwear as armor.
    Simple cloth physic would be nice however, but this would also require other graphic settings for Cyrodil, or that the game switched it on and off dependent on load.

Diving: yes however most hate underwater levels, i like them.

Sailing, probably too much work to implement
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Character Creation/Armor Design: So other MMORPGS like Black Desert Online, Bless Online, Final Fantasy 14, Tera: Rising, Blade and Soul, ArcheAge, and the list goes on; features more stylized character designs, including physics with the hair, breasts, and more revealing armor designs. There is NO sex appeal in ESO. None. Are we that "woke" now?

PVP: So all the competitive shooters are doing it - Battle Royale. There I said it. It could work really well for large player count Battle Ground sessions. Just scrap Cyrodiil. It's always been poorly implemented and designed. Look to games like PUBG and Black Ops 4 and see how they bring players against each other with a shrinking dome or a wall of fire, and see how the tension grows as the battlefield changes.

Verticality: Many MMORPGS are implementing flying mounts which can take one to flying cities or islands in the sky, or just mountain tops or previously unreachable areas. Final Fantasy 14, World of War Craft, and many others are doing this. ESO already has flying islands in it's lore.

Deep Sea Diving: We've seen ocean diving in many MMORPGS too. It would be awesome to explore forgotten under water tombs like you can in Atlas and ArcheAge, just to name a few.

Sailing: Archeage and Atlast and others i'm sure will allow you to craft your own boat and sail the open seas and explore other lands. Tamriel looks to be one big continent, but there are islands one can have a more hands on approach to reaching instead of just the wayshrines. Hell, we don't even get a proper cut scene when sailing in ESO. We're just treated to a load screen. Yaay.

Your argument is literally that ESO should do the exact same thing as everyone else and not stand out at any point? Well that's a good way to become obsolete all the more quickly, so this is a pass from me on every point.

Can't speak for pvp as I never do it, but on all the others one of the major reason I play ESO and not all the other MMOs you brought up is that ESO isn't doing those things.

So my suggestion is that you go play one of all those sameish MMOs you just mentioned and leave ESO to do its own things and cater to the segment of the MMO player base that doesn't want sameish MMOs to play here.

What ESO needs to do to stay competitive is fix its coding and hardware so it doesn't have as many log in issues, crashes and all-round performance issues. Content wise and in look it is doing just fine not looking and acting like everyone else.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice to explore the vertical space. I don't think ESO needs the unrealistic "sex appeal" of BDO, though. ESO has its own sex appeal, imo. The characters may not be as... "jiggly", but they're still attractive in an athletic way. They have more realistic body shapes for the types of people who would engage in a lot of physical activity.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Whar ESO needs to do in order to stay relevant"

Run properly
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...first you mention sex appeal then you mention battle royal? What in the names of the moons makes you think they have anything to do with one another?

Then you mention ‘scrap Cyrodiil’ yeahhhhh, let’s just scrap what is possibly the biggest area in the game and turn it into...a battleground that gets smaller no less...
    But flying? Where are the people who scream ‘servers don’t work already’ to tell you what’s wrong with this one? They’d have to build the places you fly over and not all of the boundaries link up in the map - that’s not aesthetic, stuff is literally missing.

I won’t even touch the ‘woke’ side...Christ...

Last point, it’s ‘World of Warcraft’ not ‘World of War Craft’ my autocorrect can turn ‘toaster’ into ‘treaty’ so you can’t blame autocorrect for that one.
    That means I can say that if you knew anything about the game you were referencing then you’d know how to spell the name. Which makes me wonder how many of the games on your list you’ve actually played to use them as a comparison to this one.
    Edited by Saelent on November 19, 2019 11:24AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play one of those games you mentioned, OP, if you want all those things.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO NO NO.... Absolutely not.....

I like ESO because it is not like all the other MMO's
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO needs none of those things to stay relevant. All it needs to do is just work.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mini card games like witcher 3 or poker game or any mini games too needed
    Pc na
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sexy armour: Nope!

Battle Royale: I could see this as a new mode for PvP, but not as a substitute for current Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds.

Verticality: Already much better in zone design since Wrothgar. Stuff like the vines in Murkmire or the grappling crossbows in Southern Elsweyr are gimmicky AF and I could well do without them.

Underwater: Pass. Too much work for little reward, not to mention it mostly would feel fake. Either they simply paint the screen blue and everything remains the same, at which point why bother, or it would have to have consequences on skill use, movement, etc. I don't see it working well at all.

Sailing: not really how the game is designed. It's not one big map like outdoors Skyrim. I doubt all zones even fit onto one another very well if you made one map and put every zone on it together. It would be cool, but would take a complete redesign, so pass.

My own $.02: just get the freaking game working. People came to it for all its many qualities. It's a shame they're leaving because ZOS can't be bothered to commit to a good gaming experience.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks to all the things you suggested (especially the revealing armor...I am forever thankful that my characters don’t have to do battle in the ridiculous bikini armor of some other games).

The only thing this game needs to do to keep thriving is fix the darn servers.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't take seriously a person who says that jiggly boobs are necessary to be "relevant" :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of that matters when the game itself doesn't work properly.

PC/EU issues
    Groupfinder
    PVP Performance

Fixing those is the bare minimum for remaining relevant.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone played the last couple expansions and thought, "I enjoyed it, but it's just more of the same?" Well here's one humble players opinion for what ESO needs to do to stay relevant and competitive.

All seem like ideas worth exploring, but not to ADD into ESO in its present format, that seems to be simply unrealistic. The game would need redesigned from the ground up to accommodate improved physics, flying, diving, customisation, new game modes, etc.

Frankly there is an argument for an ESO2, because the limitations that we keep coming up against seem at least in part to be holding the game/expeirence/player base back.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ESO needs to do to stay "relevant" is to not copy other games.
    None of that matters when the game itself doesn't work properly.

PC/EU issues
    Groupfinder
    PVP Performance

Fixing those is the bare minimum for remaining relevant.

And this.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To much POP culture for my tastes. With all those silly mounts, pets and fat bald men in pink bikinis it is to much already.
    It is not about moral, just pop culture. Be it jpop, apop or any other. There is plenty of it out there. I d glad if ESO turns a bit back to an acceptable environment and "immersion"

I liked underwater in EQ2. But this engine cant handle it and there is no reason to push it. I remember that some people cant handle Z axis. Neither under water nor on flying mounts. They get "sea sick"

Crafted my first own boat in Vanguard. Was grind but fun. But boats from raft to huge sailing ships make only sense in a much bigger scaled world. If they would have choosen a scaling so Gold Coast is the size of Cyrodiil, then it would probably make sense to use Canoes or Nord boats...

I agree, it would be nice to get a water/ship based concept art when zoning.
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the game just needs to run fluidly.

Being a cookie cutter of every other game will not make me desire this game more than every other.
    Edited by Kaartinen on November 19, 2019 1:49PM
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tickets2Gunshow you lost all credibility when you said Battle Royale. Please don't ever post again.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game needs to run properly, both client and servers. Bugswatting should get higher priority than "it just works".
    After that updates need quality. If you can not put quality out, nerf release schedule and buff dev resources.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A big NO from me on anything Battle Royal related regarding ESO. I think our main concern as a whole regardless of platform is performance. ESO has always done well with releasing interesting content...we just would like to play it without too much hassle.

I think a new PvP themed DLC or PvE wise a new single player arena similar to vMA would be pretty awesome, but then again these are just my opinions.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most already mentioned
    • be as elder scrolls as possible
    • be stable
    • less loading screens
    • invest in better hardware
    • have more specials achievable in game and I don't mean enter zone for the first time, have a hat.
    • rely less on events
    • proper separation of PvE and PvP skill sets
    • changes to be evolution rather than revolution, stop with the wild swings.
    EU PS4
  • Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about sex appeal in a GAME? For real? Are you 14?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logging in to ESO can be a battle royale in itself when there's an event on, especially if you live in the Eastern Hemisphere :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against any visual or graphic, or quality to life upgrades, but:

"Character Creation/Armor Design: So other MMORPGS like Black Desert Online, Bless Online, Final Fantasy 14, Tera: Rising, Blade and Soul, ArcheAge, and the list goes on; features more stylized character designs"

In MY opinion, those are all crap grindfest Korean style pedobear little girls with bunny ears hopping around crap games.
    I couldn't force myself to play B. Desert remastered online more than 1 day, and to be honest, since I have a pretty strong rig, and I usually play games by just pulling the slider to ultra, I did not find that game looking any better than ESO. Even I had some effects that I found quite annoying.
    Not to menationed quests that are utter crap, go kill 56 frogs, then 43 bears, then 13 mutated plants.
    Un-in-stall.

Eso needs to fix core problems and to keep slowly adding visual and quality of life upgrades and they are good to go for some time.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, no thank you. If I was interested in any of the things you listed I'd be playing the games that offer them already.

The reason I'm playing ESO is because it doesn't do what every other game is doing. And thank the Divines they don't have flying mounts to totally ruin the game. Battle royale? Why would I want that? I don't play this game for pvp. The only thing I think when I see "sexy armor" is usually "that idiot is soooooo dead"; what benefit is that to a game? [unless the game is going for the immature adolescent demographic, then "boobies" might be a thing]. Why on Nirn would anyone need deep sea diving? Getting your mount to swim a stream would be nice though.

Getting the game as is to work, the group finder, server stability, not being a glitch-fest every event, getting long-standing bugs squashed without breaking other things, these are the things that would make the game more relevant, and the players a lot happier.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Not to menationed quests that are utter crap, go kill 56 frogs, then 43 bears, then 13 mutated plants.

Do you have a moment to hear the word of our lord and savior, Jee-Lar?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rEOc0gZ.jpg

How about they make the things ESO does well and uniquely, and make them work, instead of spending time copying everyone else. We don't play those MMOs for a reason.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ESO's character designs are quite stylized. Look,at these and tell me there was no concession to sex appeal:

Orcs:
    Skyrim
    latest?cb=20120124104300
    ESO
    46TPQxJ.jpg

Altmer
    Skyrim
    latest?cb=20120124104134
    ESO
    best-elder-scrolls-online-race-high-elf.gif
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2019 3:09PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want Eso to remain mostly the same personally. I think it's sexy enough. I'd like the flying mounts if they were lore friendly and sailing for sure as long as the rest of the game is priority.

Underwater quest areas would be fun.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played a few other MMO's and left them. Why? Because I didn't have the feeling I was progressing anymore. I maxed out sort to speak and the game became stale.
    For me there needs to be a constant feeling of progression to stay relevant. I need a carrot to chase and cosmetics isn't enough.
This discussion has been closed.