The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Steam stopped recognizing the game. Redownloaded but now the launcher wants to download it again!

Oakenaxe
Oakenaxe
✭✭✭✭
Hello

So, a few days ago I had a problem (for the second time) with Steam: it stopped recognizing the game as installed on my computer. I was able to play it for 2 days, launching directly from the folder where it was installed (without Steam), but somehow it stopped working. I started to get a message saying that I HAD TO launch through Steam (why??). I was forced to redownload everything, and I did. It finished this morning. Steam was recognizing it and everything looked fine, but when I open the launcher, it wants to download everything again, but it's already installed! What's going on? This is really stressing me out. I looked for some solutions and I'm repairing the launcher, but it's downloading more than 50 GB anyway, so...
Why does this happen? Why can't we launch outside of Steam? I hope you work on solutions to prevent these problems from happening again, it's really annoying :(

Thank you
a.k.a. Leo
non-native English speaker
200-300 ping and low fps player
  • JohnLoganHowlett
    JohnLoganHowlett
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I launched the game using the launcher exe, but it doesn't recognise a connection with Steam.