The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why was Jodes Embrace pulled?

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
Jodes Embrace is back for sale later this month but curiosity is bugging me.
I don't think we ever found out why it was originally removed from sale unless I missed the reason.

Was it the t-shirt promotion that needed rethinking or was it something to do with the house itself or just the wrong timing? Maybe there is another reason?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Jodes Embrace is back for sale later this month but curiosity is bugging me.
    I don't think we ever found out why it was originally removed from sale unless I missed the reason.

Was it the t-shirt promotion that needed rethinking or was it something to do with the house itself or just the wrong timing? Maybe there is another reason?

Apparently owning one gave you infinite sustain in PvP... :trollface:
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never said.

In the forums there seemed to be a general consensus that the house didn't have enough rooms in the house itself, excluding the extraplanar bit. If we see that they've modified the interior when it opens, we'll know that's the reason.

Otherwise I suspect that there were just various indicators of it being not likely to sell well and they pulled it to give themselves time to figure out why and maybe address them.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally suspect it might have been because they wanted to release it after people had a chance to finish the main southern elsweyr questline/combined with the fact people would crash when previewing it suggested it was buggy
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since they've scrapped the whole free t-shirt idea one can only assume this was the reason they pulled it. The logistics of this was going to be a nightmare for them to implement.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    They never said.

In the forums there seemed to be a general consensus that the house didn't have enough rooms in the house itself, excluding the extraplanar bit. If we see that they've modified the interior when it opens, we'll know that's the reason.

Otherwise I suspect that there were just various indicators of it being not likely to sell well and they pulled it to give themselves time to figure out why and maybe address them.

unless I missed something in the last PTS update the rooms are still the same size, nothing has changed.
    Maybe the dragon was buggin the place out idk
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit assumes there was some sort of legal hiccup with the t-shirt side of things.

Though why the house alone could not be sold this one has no idea and even less idea why the furniture pack this one so so wanted also had to be pulled - the very furniture pack with a statue of this one included.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

49079185508_5510c18dbf_c.jpg
    Screenshot_20191117_092859
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally suspect it might have been because they wanted to release it after people had a chance to finish the main southern elsweyr questline/combined with the fact people would crash when previewing it suggested it was buggy

Since the house is in Northern Elsweyr, I'm not sure why they would want to release it well after that zone was completed and players had moved on to Southern Elsweyr, which already has Lucky Cat available and also has Potentate's Retreat waiting in the wings. Though perhaps you're referring to the final quests which wrap up the entire Season of the Dragon - and that's the reason they wanted to wait - for players to be able to complete that, as well?

I also never crashed when previewing it, but if that happened to other players, then yeah...they'd certainly want to address that.

As others have mentioned, I think the likely reason could be the t-shirt promotion, though it seems they could have just cancelled the promotion and still put the house up for sale during the planned sales window. But perhaps they wanted to first determine if the t-shirt promotion hiccups could be worked out.

Regardless, the house is coming up soon for sale, so at least players can still get it.