Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blessings of the Potentates - anyone using this set?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
  • What class & build are you using it on?
  • Are you having any success with it?
  • What are the other sets you're running?
  • How are you glyphing it?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people using 2 piece of it on backbar just for additional defense there.
  • a_salty_pirate
    a_salty_pirate
    ✭✭✭
    Backbar potentates sword and board is the go to EZ mode immortal button for practically every build this patch, especially DK's and templars.
    Edited by a_salty_pirate on November 16, 2019 1:15PM
    Definitely not a spy.

PC NA - Formerly Xbox NA
    Toons:
    • Mchappy-Heal ~ PvE Magplar DPS/Heals (AD)
    • Bug-Breath ~ PvE Dragonknight Tank (EP)
    • Guilty-Of-Crime ~ PvE Stamblade DPS (AD)
    • Lil-Miss-Warmsnatch ~ PvE/PvP Magblade DPS (AD)
    • Make-Auridon-Great-Again ~ PvP Magsorc DPS (AD)
    • Geralt's Best Friend ~ PvP Stamwarden DPS (AD)
    • Baby Wings ~ PvP Stam DK DPS (AD)
    • Argonian-Leather-Salesman ~ PvP Mag DK DPS (AD)
    • Erects-Spine-For-Gold ~PvP MagWarden Healer (AD)
    • Shogun of the Salt ~ PvP MagNecro Healer/DPS (AD)
    • Borc the Stamplorc ~ PvP Stamplar DPS (AD)
    • Bawque the Stamsorc ~ PvP Stamsorc DPS (AD)
    • Bohk of Some Renown ~ PvP StamNecro DPS/Support (AD)
    • Boark the Half-Breton Orc ~ PvP Magplar Healer (AD)
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backbar potentates sword and board is the go to EZ mode immortal button for practically every build this patch, especially DK's and templars.

Shhhh...Potentates back bar club does not talk about Potentates back bar. ;)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great backbar 2pc, especially if you are using defending trait. That's about it
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're creative u can 2 piece a back bar and 3 piece the front.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it whenever I can. Helps with leveling up crafting by deconstructing.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 piece bonus looks solid. A lot better then some monster sets, never tried it though.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 piece front bar club, so I can stay on the offense longer and I have two slots free there anyway that an arena weapon doesn't make sense for.

But let's not overhype this set's mitigation compared to something like BRP DW.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yes. The 2 pc is double value of one normal armor bonus. So there is no loss of effectiveness. I combine the 2pc with 3pc endurance on my stamsorc.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Hell yes. The 2 pc is double value of one normal armor bonus. So there is no loss of effectiveness. I combine the 2pc with 3pc endurance on my stamsorc.

Is it? I haven’t looked into it really or done the math. How does it compare to a 1 piece monster armour bonus?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Black rose daul wield and resto are still far better to use
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Is it? I haven’t looked into it really or done the math. How does it compare to a 1 piece monster armour bonus?

Not a monster armor bonus but normal 5 pieces sets. Each armor bonus for 5 piece sets is 1250 and total of 2500 if you get 2 bonuses on the set like pariah for instant. Potenta is 5% flat dmg mitigation against players, that is more or less same as 2500 armor bonus.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best defensive back bar 2pc if you can't use brp dw or brp resto.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I've seen it on a few meta setups. Most use just 2 pieces for the damage mitigation, although the 3 piece bonus is also very strong.

Possible ways I've seen it run:
    • Monster set + a front bar 5 pc + a back bar 5 pc + 2 potentates jewelry (i.e. BSW front/Lich back)
    • Monster set + front bar 5 pc + body 5 pc + potentates backbar (fairly popular)
    • Monster set + back bar 5 pc + body 5 pc + this front bar (less popular)
    • Monster set + 5 pc + potentates 3 pc + Arena weapons (Necropotence + Master's Destro/BRP resto, etc.)

I believe @NirnStorm is using it as a 3 piece on his magicka warden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L83YqNMXMgY
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The hyperbole is strong with this one.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it for my stam sorc in grp pvp. 2pc Bloodspawn, 3 pc potentates, 5 pc Spriggans, master 2h, brp dw. Gives me minor and major protection back bar along with the 5% from potentates and still puts out good dmg while getting negates up quick.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop bumping this thread.

Yes. I use this as a two piece on my back bar weapon, but we don’t want everyone to do that!

Did you guys read the memo about not wanting everyone in on the tank meta?!?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Yes. I use this as a two piece on my back bar weapon, but we don’t want everyone to do that!

Maybe I am a contrarian. Everyone’s going tanky and I’ve been messing around with 6 light builds.

One thing to remember is % mitigation has diminishing returns. Ran into that as an issue on my magblade.

I’ll have to try this set out. Stacking resistances is a good counter to onslaught.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 18, 2019 5:03PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Not a monster armor bonus but normal 5 pieces sets. Each armor bonus for 5 piece sets is 1250 and total of 2500 if you get 2 bonuses on the set like pariah for instant. Potenta is 5% flat dmg mitigation against players, that is more or less same as 2500 armor bonus.

Armor is 1,487, not 1250, so pariah has a total of 2,974. 1487 is 2.25% armor. 660 armor is 1%. So the 5% from BotP is basically 3,300 armor, though not really because of the way the game works and that percentage reduction doesn't work against pve mobs.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Definitely sounds like a good idea. I'll make sure to pass the benefits of this set along.