The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon Not Working for One Character

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
So...this is odd...the addons in the game work for four out of my five characters.
For some reason, the fifth is all messed up.
Specifically the LibBinary will not stay "on" when I highlight it. I reload the UI, and when I check, it's off.
I have compared what I have checked and not checked with all my toons, and tried to replicate it exactly, and it still won't work.
I should note, it was working fine just last week.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thank you.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    LibAddonMenu2.0 specifically, does not want to stay "checked" on this one toon. Every time I "check" it and reload the UI, the "checK' has disappeare--which seems to be impacting all of my add-ons.
    Again, this is just happening on one character only.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried deleting the folder and redownloading and installing the files?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to see if that one character is using any addons that others are not. There may be a conflict if that one character uses something that the others do not or perhaps has some remnants of old addons left. As mentioned above, you may be able to fix the issue by cleaning out your addons folder completely and reinstalling them all once you know it's a clean slate.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to disable the addon "Votans Addon List" (if enabled) and see if this fixes it.
    If you are not using "Votans Addon List" use it"! it's great and automatically enabled libraries and other dependencies if any addons needs one. Like clicking on Addon1 will automatically enable LibDialog, LibAddonMenu-2.0 and LinBinary etc.

If not, allow the "live" folder to be whitelisted within Windows Defender and other Antivirus tools. Sometimes Win Defender disallowed writing to the c:\ folder properly and thus the file AddOnSettings.ttx was not updated properly inside your "live" folder.
    MAybe logout and make a backup of AddOnSettins.txt file, then delete it and login fresh to configure the addons properly again.

• Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice, all.
    I think (I hope) i got it fixed.
    I followed your advice, uninstalled ALL my addons, made sure my addons folder was empty, then re-installed addons--with a bit more care as to what I actually use or don't use.
    A bit of a nuisance, but It seems to have fixed the problem--but I will note that I had to specifically check the LibAddOnMenu. It was unchecked by default. The only one. Very weird. But...all seems to be working now.