The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

'Streaked for 49000 days' CC'd bug

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There is a bug which occurs during combat which can cause your character to have a 'streak' debuff which lasts for over 49000 days.
I haven't narrowed it down but it affects many players within the group and occurs regularly during large fights.
It can only be removed by relogging / task manager'ing out and logging back in.

TUxP238.png

Symptoms:
Character movement is buggy your character looks like it is gliding or side strafing most of the time.
Attempting to bash actually prompts a 'Break Free' meaning you cannot interrupt anyone. Stam is used during the break free and visually it appears immunity is applied but it doesn't seem to actually be the case.
Additionally CP passives (unchained) do seem to register causing stam abilities to be at a reduced cost.
Combat in general appears very buggy and laggy after receiving the bug, e.g. synergies, dodge roll etc take longer to fire & break free is very slow to register - normally once we notice that we have it we have to relog asap because of this reason.

PC NA & PC EU

Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 2, 2020 4:13PM
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    I can provide a video if it helps to see me breaking free constantly / being unable to join group etc not sure how much use it is though
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every single fight tonight at least 6/10 people had this bug. @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

Any update about this please?
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... nerf sorc?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still a bug in Harrowstorm patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any word from Devs on this fix?
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another attempt to get some recognition for this issue - it causes way more ability delay when the bug occurs for some reason - any acknowledgement would be great ;)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Storing -1 in a 32-bit signed integer variable is actually a whole bunch of ones in binary. If you treat it as a positive number, it will look like a huge positive number instead of a tiny negative number. Whatever code was counting down the streak debuff counted down too far (lag?) and went to -1. Which the game is interpreting as a positive, unsigned 2^32 -1 milliseconds = 4,294,967,295 milliseconds = 49 days and change.

Edit: Oops. I thought it was 49 days, not 49000 days! I am not doing the math again but I suspect it is same issue. -1 being treated as a very large positive number.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on March 13, 2020 5:17PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Edit: Oops. I thought it was 49 days, not 49000 days! I am not doing the math again but I suspect it is same issue. -1 being treated as a very large positive number.

Just switch milliseconds to seconds and you get the right number. Also, lol at you for even assuming the ESO megaserver works on the millisecond scale.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going to continue to post after every raid someone is affected by this bug. (Its normally all of us and we have to constantly relog).
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight we reached a new level!
    DOUBLE STREAK BUG!

The new effect? characters unable to cast any skill until their stamina was at 0 due to the game thinking that they were sprinting.

This secondary affect appears fixed by mounting up and sprinting on a mount but returns quickly within combat.

We think we have narrowed the issue down to possibly originally sprinting whilst being streaked when the server is performing poorly

Untitled.png
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 17, 2020 9:09AM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    . Stam is used during the break free
    sounds pretty normal??

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    Has this ever been addressed to be fixed in a future patch?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thunda wrote: »
    Has this ever been addressed to be fixed in a future patch?

Nothing so far unfortunately. Still a major issue in PVP.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    On XB eu, the streak animation is atrocious looking. Pinging back and forth like 50 times all the whilst you're unable to cc break until streak animation has completed.

Since the latest patch performance hasn't worsened which is good imo, however a few issues which need rounded off. Streak, undo are a mess.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to now, patch 6.2.9, bug not fixed.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored