Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafted Armor: The Maelstrom Sorc

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How do you all feel about the New Moon Accolyte crafted set

I’m sure by now many of you have at least eyeballed this new crafted armor set “New Moon Acolyte” Found in Southern Elsweyr.

It gives spell/weapon Crit, Damage, Penetration, and a massive 481 Spell/Weapon Damage for the 5th piece bonus, at the price of all your skills will cost %5 more.

The stats are quite impressive! I had to try this out! I game with many of players that pride themselves on becoming 9 trait master crafters. Though this set is 8 trait, it feels worthy of the effort. It did not leave me disappointed; just a bit dry of resources. Lol

I paired it with another crafted set; Julianos, a six trait found in Orsinium at Boreals Forge. My stats were crazy. 40k magic 3776 Spell Damage, %60 Crit. That was with the gear all In purple quality and the backbar enchant not proc’d.

That spell damage would be a bit more if I golded out the weapon and Enchants and I could take it another notch up if I went Nirnhoned over Precise. I did make the backbar infused with spell damage enchant, and front bar used an absorb magic enchant. I think that really helped. Sustain could had been better if I were a Breton, but this character has been a dark elf since before that was even cool.

I crafted some New Moon Accolyte Jewelry up to Blue quality and Arcane. I’ve no idea if going Bloodthirsty or infused would/ could be better?

Here’s where I need some help

I used Juliano’s because I already had a set made up, and intuitively it looks like a great set to pair with.

But then I started thinking about some other ones that might work well or even better. Like Twice Born Star, Magnus Gift, or even Spectre’s Eye looked neat. There’s so many crafted sets in this game that just don’t get used. I’d like to change that at least in my own actions. (I’ve been a disgruntled 9 trait crafter for years)

So, what would you craft? What would you use? Don’t say mother sorrow. This is a Maelstrom & Dungeon build, for a crafting fanatic.

Sadly, I couldn’t find a way around using a monster set. They’re just strong enough to push you over the edge, where you have to use one. At least I did. Monster sets made a night and day difference for me.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were me, I would try pairing it with the other new crafted set, Ancient Dragonguard ... and then switching to Breton for better sustain.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! Going to try this tonight. Minus the race change part.

I used Iceheart Monster set for the whole Maelstrom run until I got to the last boss, I swapped to grothdar. Needed just a little more damage.

The Ancient Dragonguard set looks like that could make me a little more tanky. Might be able to keep Grothdar on for the whole thing.

(You really gimp yourself not running False God) but I run into so many people that will never have that, so trying to find a way to get things done. Crafting options seem better than they ever have this patch, and I’m kind of excited to try Different things.
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it's 9 traits*
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I crafted it up and tried it out. Maybe someone that mains a Sorc could do better, but they probably wouldn’t bother messing with something outside of BiS.

Felt like I had great stats. Still looking at 4k spell damage %50 Crit, just under 40k Mag. Lost a little bit of Crit but going for some mobile utility, I figured it would be ok.

Don’t know how much utility I’m actually getting from dragonguard. If my health gets low enough for it to kick in, I’m probably dead.

But, I’m just not that great on Sorc. And these spells cost a lot of resources. Need to figure out a better rotation or something. I can nuke the ads down real good but my damage slows way down on the bosses. Especially if I’m not right in their face.

Made it to the leaderboards, but I wasn’t breaking any records. That’s for sure.

I think that New Moons Acolytes with some false god would be really good, but I’m gonna mess around with TBS and Spectre’s Eye too.