The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lorebooks lib missing

DaTuneman
DaTuneman
Is there a fix for lorebooks. I have a custommenu missing msg and it's not working.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1146-LibCustomMenu.html

Click on the link. Download it, extract it, and add it to the Lib folder for your Lorebook addon.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    Can you tell me where that lib folder is on a Windows 10 puter?
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Should be the same place your addons currently are.

If you use Minion, it will install it for your when you download it.
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    yea, thanks but I have no clue where the lib is that I'm suppose to copy the file to. I did use minon to install it.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaTuneman wrote: »
    yea, thanks but I have no clue where the lib is that I'm suppose to copy the file to. I did use minon to install it.

Find the Lorebooks addon folder and inside that you will find a folder named 'libs'; you have to copy the new files inside that in the LibCustomMenu folder.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addons/Lorebooks/Lib folder
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addons/Lorebooks/Lib folder

Much thanks that's what I was looking for.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The required Libraries are no longer included with the Lorebook download. You need to install the libraries in your Addon folder, not the Lorebook lib folder.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The required Libraries are no longer included with the Lorebook download. You need to install the libraries in your Addon folder, not the Lorebook lib folder.

You can install it in the Lorebook lib folder and everything still works fine.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you may, but then other addons will not be able to see it and will not run properly. So why have multiple copies on your hard drive.

I am not sure but that library may be used by other addons, if it is then all those addons would not longer function either.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you may, but then other addons will not be able to see it and will not run properly. So why have multiple copies on your hard drive.

I am not sure but that library may be used by other addons, if it is then all those addons would not longer function either.

There re addons which run with disembedded libraries, they will find the necessary libs if those are installed as separate addons. However there are also addons which require embedded libraries, and they need their libs inside their libs folder.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

There re addons which run with disembedded libraries, they will find the necessary libs if those are installed as separate addons. However there are also addons which require embedded libraries, and they need their libs inside their libs folder.

You are right, but Lorebooks is not one of them, at least om my computer.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorebooks IS definately one of them. If it's not working for you you are doing something wrong or got an outdated Lorebooks version maybe? :/
    My Lorebook folder does not even have any "libs" subfolder anymore!
    MAybe you have updated it manually and did not dlete the whole folder before? Always delete the addon folder before updating it manually so old files and subfolders are deleted as well!

You may read this to understand the libraries and the different ways to use and implement them:
    https://wiki.esoui.com/Libraries

This is the LoreBook.txt file (named: Manifest) which handles how libs are loaded.
    ## Title: |cEFEBBELoreBooks|r
    ## Description: Displays map pins for Shalidor's and Eidetic Libraries books
    ## Version: 17
    ## Author: Kyoma, Ayantir & Garkin
    ## APIVersion: 100029
    ## SavedVariables: LBooks_SavedVariables COLLAB DATAMINED_DATA
    ## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 LibMapPins-1.0 CustomCompassPins LibGPS LibCustomMenu
    ## OptionalDependsOn: LibZone

Language/strings.lua
    Language/$(language).lua

LoreBooksData.lua
    EideticData.lua

LoreBooks.lua

CollabMiner.lua
    QuestsData.lua

LoreBooks.xml

SO you see there are no hardcoded library calls in the txt file and the libs should be found properly if you install them standallone OR even if you put them in any addons subfolder, as long as they got their own proper txt file to be found and loaded!

Info about libs:

Either by ##DependsOn or ##OptionalDependsOn which means the libs are somewhere in ANY subfolder of AddOns (up to a folder depth of 3 below AddOns afaik) and they MUST have their own txt file like LIbBlaBla.txt so the game finds them.

Or they are "hardcoded" into the addon's manifest txt file in a line like this:
    libs/LibBlaBla/LibBlaBla.lua

-> This SHOULD not be done anymore if the libraries can be added with their own txt files as it could cause errors.
    See this section here with a description why:
    https://wiki.esoui.com/Libraries#Shipped_with_your_addon_.28loaded_via_your_addon.27s_txt_manifest_file_-.3E_maybe_causing_problems.29

The better way would be to eithe rinclude the libraries into the /libs subfolder BUT with their own folder and own LibBlaBla.txt file so the game finds them and ANY other addon can use the same lib from this folder as well!

Or you put them with their own folder and own txt file directly into the AddOns folder (Standalone) so all other addons also are able to find them.

Without the txt file of the library, e.g. LibBlaBla, the game cannot find them properly and in the past many addons hardcoded them into their addon's manifest txt file. This was ok but as most libs are disassembled from the addons meanwhile this would ALWAYS load these maybe outdated libs and break addons or other libraries, as
    the libraries coudl exist in different versions which either the library LibStub handles (only loading the newest version) or the txt file (since SUmmerset patch) of the library got an ##IsLibrary: true tag and ##AddOnVersion: tag which handles the load of the newest (highest number of that tag) version automatically (so LibStub is not needed any longer and is on the way of being removed).

So all addons now should either use:
    -Standalone libraries with their own txt file in the AddOns\lib.... folder
    -Included libraries with their own txt file in the AddOns\AddonName...\libs folder e.g.
    And some addons which use libraries that are ONLY made for this addon, cann still hardcode their call into the addons manifest txt file, but I even recommand building the libs with their own txt files here. MAybe othes can use them as well in the future. If they are only needed for your addon do not call it a lib but put it into your addon's code then maybe.
    Edited by Baertram on November 15, 2019 9:01PM