The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

See who has blocked/ignored you

Ashurnibibi
Ashurnibibi
Soul Shriven
I'm curious if there is a way to see who has you on their block list, or how many do.

This game feels like a graveyard sometimes.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s either when and where you log on or you’ve trolled too many people. :o

I don’t think there is a way to see this and it definitely should not be possible to see who has blocked you. There are so many different people playing different content/zones/etc. that it would be... really something... if that many people had you blocked... :no_mouth:
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be up crying all night if I had access to that information.
  • Ashurnibibi
    Ashurnibibi
    Soul Shriven
    I still dont fully know what the reason why is, but there were 2 WTS in trade that I tried to whisper to, but the whispers didn't go through. Then a third person for something else, again, silence, and I didn't know either of these three.

But like I said I still don't know the reason for this. I have played for 3 years, but if all those hours spent unlocking and getting achievements means I cannot take part in the community, it all feels like it was for nothing.

I will probably make a megathread of some kind in general on the nature of ignoring because I searched and couldnt find it. I have a few insights into it, but I have already gone very OT here
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you double check with a friend or a guildmate to make sure they can receive your whispers? Or that you aren't accidentally set to offline?

To be honest, it seems more likely to me that its a glitch on your end than that random people selling in zone chat have you on ignore.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    you don't really want that info. I agree with Varanis you might have set to invisible or even be using a second chat channel with zone or tells turned off. I have seen a bug where I can't type in chat usually a relog fixes it
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont fully know what the reason why is, but there were 2 WTS in trade that I tried to whisper to, but the whispers didn't go through. Then a third person for something else, again, silence, and I didn't know either of these three.

But like I said I still don't know the reason for this. I have played for 3 years, but if all those hours spent unlocking and getting achievements means I cannot take part in the community, it all feels like it was for nothing.

I will probably make a megathread of some kind in general on the nature of ignoring because I searched and couldnt find it. I have a few insights into it, but I have already gone very OT here

Most likely, someone else had already bought it. Many times the seller will reply with that info, but not always, and it is unfortunately too easy to miss messages altogether if one is porting to meet a buyer, etc. I know I’ve quite unintentionally missed PMs from friends and likewise have had messages seem to disappear into the ether. Combination of people being busy with other messages, inventory, porting, etc. and the occasional person being rude. Definitely worth checking your settings but I don’t think I’d otherwise worry about it.

Sorry if my first reply seems harsh or flippant! I was trying to be a bit facetious but that may have gotten lost...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there is not a means to query who has you on ignore.
  • Ashurnibibi
    Ashurnibibi
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you everyone. I feel better.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if they allowed people to see who's blocked them, they would simply find another way to harass or stalk those people, via another account or what-have-you. So it's a bit of a safety issue, better the way they have it.

Erin nailed it, I think. Either mid-port to somewhere because they are just dropping a WTS in various zones and then hopping to the next, or another very likely scenario is that they got DCed--that would make your whisper just not go through at all, and it's happening so often to so many now.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! I will be adding you to my ignore list....( If you're in NA. Then I will make a toon there and do the needful)

Edit:
    From the looks of it. You seem to be a new player?!
    Pray tell, why would anyone block you?
    Edited by Vanos444 on November 15, 2019 4:42AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you try to trade with someone who's you blocked, you'll get a message saying you can't trade with that person since they've you ignored. That's one of the few things I know at least.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you send a whsiper which is not going throught they also can simply forgot to have set their state from offline to online again.
    They should use a remembering addon like FCOChangeStuff so they see they are marked offline if they try to whisper others at least :p
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    I'd be up crying all night if I had access to that information.

Imagine now cyro... make stamblade and kill mfkers all the day long :blush: