The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Social Ban?

BiggusWandus
BiggusWandus
Soul Shriven
So about 2 days ago after logging in I couldn´t access my guildbank/ use Guildstore or whisper anyone. Since I´ve never experienced this before I asked around for advice in my guilds.
Someone suggested that I probaly had gotten a social ban!? Only thing I can think of to cause that was me trying to trade some motifs in zonechat, defenitly not spamming. I sent a ticket to support but after 2 days it still states "Waiting for agent" in status. I am a paying ESO+ costumer since launch. Never had any sort of ban or warning. Is it OK to just ban people without any explanation or anything. This is horrible! So how long am I supposed to wait for assistance/help? My ticketnumber is 191105-000559.
Please help!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can happen even if you aren't intentionally spamming. Typically it happens when the server backs up, and then a bunch of your inputs go through at once and the server flags it as spam. If that happened, you just have to wait for Customer Support to reset it. It doesnt sound like you were sending guild mails via addons, which is the other common cause.

You've started your ticket and posted the ticket number here, so that's about all you can do besides tagging someone from ZOS. Good luck!
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    Still no update for me...im on day 7 without being able to access my guildbank, my guildstores or any form of zoneinteractions or whispers...a whole bloody week. Still no explenation or info what has happened. Tempted to quit the game tbh.
    I´m paying for eso+ sub since launch and I find this unacceptable. Waiting on agent....yeah right..
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BiggusWandus

I've sent you another private message regarding your current support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Valerie_Sinclair
    it's been a week for me as well, no warning, no explanation, just silence

edit: I was eventually helped. I had used an add-on, GodSend, since I'm guild leader and needed to message my guild. I didn't use it often. It had been over a week since the last time. The tech support person that helped me suggested I adjust the time between messages going out. I had used this a few times before with no problem. It had been suggested by a fellow player, that with server lag, the messages piled up and sent all at once triggering a social ban automatically. I'm very grateful for being helped, just not sure why it took a week and having to communicate outside of the tech support ticket. Also not sure why I wasn't given any communication, such as an auto-email, to let me know that a social ban even occurred and why.
    Edited by Valerie_Sinclair on November 14, 2019 4:27AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So about 2 days ago after logging in I couldn´t access my guildbank/ use Guildstore or whisper anyone. Since I´ve never experienced this before I asked around for advice in my guilds.
    Someone suggested that I probaly had gotten a social ban!? Only thing I can think of to cause that was me trying to trade some motifs in zonechat, defenitly not spamming. I sent a ticket to support but after 2 days it still states "Waiting for agent" in status. I am a paying ESO+ costumer since launch. Never had any sort of ban or warning. Is it OK to just ban people without any explanation or anything. This is horrible! So how long am I supposed to wait for assistance/help? My ticketnumber is 191105-000559.
    Please help!

Just adding in that many things can trigger a social ban. Perhaps your example of selling through zone chat didn't feel like spamming, but if enough people report it, you could trigger an automated response to enable a social ban as a "safety" precaution. I'm not saying that's what happened, just that social bans are very often caused by things that seem legitimate and don't actually break any rules.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Valerie_Sinclair

Have you opened a ticket, and if so what is your ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Valerie_Sinclair
    I did have a ticket open and I was helped, thank you.
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    Day 9 for me....still waiting on 007....patience is a virtue...i guess
  • Valerie_Sinclair
    @BiggusWandus you didn’t get the private message from ZOS BillE on 11/12/19? Don’t give up. I hope you get your help soon. I can relate what you’re going through. <3
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    @Valerie_Sinclair I have recieved 3 notifications from @ZOS_BillE , each one asking me to return within 48 hours if no resolution to my ticket/problem. The most frustrating aspect is that have no clue as to what triggered the ban. I´m suspecting
    it must have something to do with a few trademessages regarding motifs in zonechat, 5-6 all-in-all, but that seems strange.
    Anyway im keeping my fingers crossed for this issue to be solved soon. Thx for your concern. Have a good one!
  • vonabol88
    vonabol88
    I have same issue as OP, and I been waiting patiently for 2 weeks (that happened on 31st of October), but even my patience have it's limits..subscription ends on 16th November, and if I will not get response to my ticket till that time, i will cancel sub..ticket wasn't even read, and it is really sad that u treat loyal customers like that.Ticket nr.:191030-004279
  • vonabol88
    vonabol88
    So it is been 17 days since i got muted, and still no response, and as promised, i've cancel my sub
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    @vonabol88 day 12 for me now, still waiting for any response. Tempted to cancel my sub aswell. How a company can allow paying customers this kind of outrageous waiting is beyond me.
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    12 days later the issue has been resolved. As i suspected it was some trademessages in zonechat that triggered the ban.
    Really silly imo, will have to be careful with trades etc. from now on.