The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How can playground team compositions be so poorly balanced?

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
I always solo queue and Im find more and more often Im pairing against 2 and 3 mans with support players like dedicated healers and objective camping tanks, what is the point of even playing bgs if this is what I’m up against? I would prefer the entirety of random battlegrounds be changed to purely solo queuing to avoid this, I play battlegrounds to move away from the boring healbot tank plagued playstyle of Cyrodiil to find end up playing against the same style of builds on here.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    This problem becomes even worse when own team has only 3 players at the start, against full organized premade groups those matches go badly very fast no matter what you do, then first player often quits quite fast if they are less exprienced. Suddenly you're alone against 2 full teams, I had once almost a full match I played against full teams after my team quit or crashed soon. Other rare situation on Xbox EU once when in domination match I was on flag with my 5 star templar against four 5 star opponents, I didn't take the flag if you're wondering how the situation ended.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing with the queue that attempts to include support players. If someone wants a dedicated healer they should queue with one. Even in other games I have not seen healers put into groups as a rule and I am talking about games that do not permit players to effectively heal themselves like we can here.

The real issue is incomplete teams as Sweeps has noted.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an option for solo players to be grouped with, and play against, only solo player groups.

My group destroyed everything in BGs this weekend, we could tell the opponents weren't groups, and it was getting boring AF.

Its not fun for the solo players getting stomped, and its not fun for the groups playing against people that don't stand a chance.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem becomes even worse when own team has only 3 players at the start, against full organized premade groups those matches go badly very fast no matter what you do, then first player often quits quite fast if they are less exprienced. Suddenly you're alone against 2 full teams, I had once almost a full match I played against full teams after my team quit or crashed soon. Other rare situation on Xbox EU once when in domination match I was on flag with my 5 star templar against four 5 star opponents, I didn't take the flag if you're wondering how the situation ended.

@SweepsAllClowns what's your GT and who was in the premade of 5-Stars?

There's some strong premades on Xbox EU but I aint never seen that in > 2K Bg's.

I have seen mismatched teams though, even down to solo queue - The lobby is sitting there as a 2v3v3 and another person joins and it becomes a 2v3v4, for some daft reason.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    My gamertag is Icebaker, I just can't remember the names anymore, but only the situation and all the stars with characters, this happened probably 1-2 years ago, my EU account has been completely stuck for over 8 months now so I haven't been able to log in at all there.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gamertag is Icebaker, I just can't remember the names anymore, but only the situation and all the stars with characters, this happened probably 1-2 years ago, my EU account has been completely stuck for over 8 months now so I haven't been able to log in at all there.

Makes sense why I haven't seen your name in BG's in ages - Thought you mained a Warden though tbh.
    Edited by BNOC on November 13, 2019 3:14PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Makes sense why I haven't seen your name in BG's in ages - Thought you mained a Warden though tbh.

It's hard to tell what's my main character or class, I have two 5 star characters on EU, breton templar and warden, I created similar same named and looking characters on NA. I have 2 argonian wardens also and a tanky annoying dragonknight, they are all around alliance level 30 rank I think. My breton sorcling is overlord and was next 5 star on the line. My first character I played for about the first year is imperial dragonknight and legate rank. Those are mostly my EU pvp characters I've played so far, I play smurf on NA, quite funny indeed. I created a breton necromancer also and it feels great, still leveling and trying out abilities.