Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds Queue seems to be broken on console

ApostateHobo
ApostateHobo
✭✭✭✭✭
PS4 NA been trying to get into battlegrounds for ages, and the queue just won't pop. Been waiting 10-15 minutes for randoms before requeueing, since that'd fix it before, and nothing happens. Worked fine yesterday, but today it seems to have just crapped out. Saw on reddit other people were having issues with it too, so I figured I'd bring it up here.

Update: the queue itself seems to be working in tge sense that it does find a match, but I rarely get loaded. Usually get stuck in a 5 minute load screen that just puts me back where I was with the message that I couldn't enter the battleground. Whatever was done to "fix" the queue has definitely made it worse than before the update.
Edited by ApostateHobo on November 9, 2019 12:36AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same experience yesterday after it working the day before and most of the day yesterday. I was happy with the way it was working up until the point where it just completely stopped working and refused to give ready checks. It seems to be different from what folks on PC are experiencing. Hopefully it gets some attention.

Yesterday, I made the following post in a different thread:
    I've done BGs on my Xbox one x (NA) both yesterday and today. For the two different characters I queued with (one low MMR, one high), the matchmaking system has pretty much been flawless. Fairly quick queues, no infinite load screens, and matches that are populated enough to start.

That was until about 2 hours ago. All of a sudden, on my low MMR character, I'm getting infinite queues. Up until then, this character never needed to wait more than 5 minutes for the ready check. Now I'm on my fifth attempt to get into a match with a queue time of over 20 minutes. I logged out and logged back in and that did not make a difference. After the 20 minute mark, I leave the queue and restart it. I just can't get a ready check.

I still haven't seen any infinite load screens associated with battlegrounds matchmaking since the patch, and all of my matches have started with enough players, but suddenly the system just can't find me a match, even on a low MMR character.

And for a minute there I thought the updated battlegrounds matchmaking system would actually work out on console.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same experience yesterday after it working the day before and most of the day yesterday. I was happy with the way it was working up until the point where it just completely stopped working and refused to give ready checks. It seems to be different from what folks on PC are experiencing. Hopefully it gets some attention.

Yesterday, I made the following post in a different thread:
    I've done BGs on my Xbox one x (NA) both yesterday and today. For the two different characters I queued with (one low MMR, one high), the matchmaking system has pretty much been flawless. Fairly quick queues, no infinite load screens, and matches that are populated enough to start.

That was until about 2 hours ago. All of a sudden, on my low MMR character, I'm getting infinite queues. Up until then, this character never needed to wait more than 5 minutes for the ready check. Now I'm on my fifth attempt to get into a match with a queue time of over 20 minutes. I logged out and logged back in and that did not make a difference. After the 20 minute mark, I leave the queue and restart it. I just can't get a ready check.

I still haven't seen any infinite load screens associated with battlegrounds matchmaking since the patch, and all of my matches have started with enough players, but suddenly the system just can't find me a match, even on a low MMR character.

And for a minute there I thought the updated battlegrounds matchmaking system would actually work out on console.

Yeah hopefully it will. Console issues seem to get kind of ignored though sadly.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happening today on NA PC.
    Endless load screens eventually kick you out.
    Hasn't worked right since the update. Great work.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PCNA. It’s been the same ever since Dragonhold dripped for us. Even with a maintenance, there’s truly no change at all.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely broken on PC EU as well.

That a feature like BG is not taken care of like this for so long bafles me.

Am disgusted as BG is the only thing I do, so I cant play and basically pay for nothing
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG queue on console may have just been fixed.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ivanakamarkus
    ivanakamarkus
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU still bugged, 10min loading screen then back where i was not in BG -.-
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Went through 2hour food buff waiting for an actual queue to load.
  • rjeffs
    rjeffs
    PC NA player here. Anyone have a viable reason why they would push an update to console when the KNOW THAT IT'S BREAKING THE GAME??? Seriously.. what could that conversation/decision have been like?

ZOS: "Well I know this doesn't work, those playing are furious about it, and it's ruining their experience"

ZOS: "Maybe they won't notice" *pushes button*

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just crashed trying to get into a battleground, queued again after relogging then got stuck in a load screen and plopped back in Rimmen. Come on zos this is just shameful.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. on PC. getting infinite loading screens.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rjeffs wrote: »
    PC NA player here. Anyone have a viable reason why they would push an update to console when the KNOW THAT IT'S BREAKING THE GAME??? Seriously.. what could that conversation/decision have been like?

ZOS: "Well I know this doesn't work, those playing are furious about it, and it's ruining their experience"

ZOS: "Maybe they won't notice" *pushes button*

MS/Sony. Patches and maintenances would be scheduled, where they have to release at a specific time, and meet a specific deadline. Doesn't matter if the patch makes the game a million times better, or a million times worse. A schedule is a schedule, they must stick to it.

The question you should be asking is why they haven't reverted back to the old group finder yet, or seriously committed resources to adding workarounds until they can more closely investigate the issues.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    The question you should be asking is why they haven't reverted back to the old group finder yet, or seriously committed resources to adding workarounds until they can more closely investigate the issues.

:trollface:
    because they don’t care
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the queue itself seems to be working in tge sense that it does find a match, but I rarely get loaded. Usually get stuck in a 5 minute load screen that just puts me back where I was with the message that I couldn't enter the battleground. Whatever was done to "fix" the queue has definitely made it worse than before the update."

Same thing on pc too. Cannot actually get in game and stuck on loading screen on battlegrounds. Very hand time to play this game when in pugs so much. Now i will have to go and play something that actually Works out from fustration. Btw canceling my subscription in few days.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a word from ZOS about it, they seems to be unaware and no eta on fixes.
    ZOS it’s still not working, been over a week now, the battlegrounds feature of the game at the moment is a lie, might as well take it down.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by akl77 on November 11, 2019 11:51PM
    Pc na
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Problem still exists today pulled into loading screen but can still see a border of the area I was in still moving. Either that or pulled in with not enough players putting 4 on one team 3 in another and 2 in the other despite not being premades. Wait 5 minutes to then be told not enough players exiting from BG. Doesn't actually leave so you have to leave the group then get the 20 minute cool down. Why fix something that wasn't broken but then in turn break it even further. One in 5 BGs pulls me in the rest do one of the above epic fails. No information on fix or patch?
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got the battlegrounds daily reward with one character after some hours, one match started with 3 players and one player quit quite fast so it was just suffering through with only 2 players, one match ended when timer ended while players were on the starting platform, all the rest were the endless loading screens. I'm in the situation where my main Xbox EU account has been today completely stuck for exactly 8 months! My main activity on Xbox NA server is battlegrounds so this isn't acceptable considering I'm paying for the ESO+ membership. Similar issues appear usually always after some larger download or update so in the long run this is quite the standard. Who knows when this situation gets fixed, it can take a month or more easily again.