How Do You Report Unbelievably Horrific Lag?

Aurrynthea_Drake
Aurrynthea_Drake
✭✭✭
I have left this for several days to see if this issue would sort itself out but as per history it has only gotten worse!

I am mid fight, a boss or a group of enemy npc's and all of a sudden my character can't move. This is not a spell or trap, my animation just stops, the enemies stop as well, then all of a sudden like someone hit unpause everything just starts up again except now I'm at 1/4 life left and on the ground incapacitated from a hit I NEVER saw because my character was "paused".

I have scaled back my addons to minimap (that's it) everything is bog standard, vanilla game settings. I refuse to give up minimap due to the absolute necessity of it (& dev's inability to properly explain why it is not part of the base game)

My pc runs cold so everything is up to spec as far as hardware. I am running up to date windows 10. ALL my drivers are up to date. My internet is beyond reproach (speednet reports ping rates and download/upload speeds that are almost perfect - ESO is the only game that suffers from this level of crippling lag) but (and this might be relevant) this is only an issue in instances (delves, dungeons). Out in the open world everything is ok (not great but at least functioning)

PC EU megaservers have been a punchline for too long. At this point I would quite happily accept a week off where they take the old servers, toss them in a deep hole, bury them and just give us better more reliant servers, or barring that the ability to export our characters so we can play on the shiny working NA servers where things work the way they are supposed to...

I just want to play why is this such a hard thing to fix.
Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How Do You Report Unbelievably Horrific Lag?"

Slowly?

Seriously, have you tried Customer Support outside the game, via the website.

You'll find you're not on your own though.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    There is no option... They only give you a very narrow list of options to report performance issues. I have tried using the options available but report other problems but I usually get some rubber stamp reply to use the correct form...
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no option... They only give you a very narrow list of options to report performance issues. I have tried using the options available but report other problems but I usually get some rubber stamp reply to use the correct form...

I prefer to use the Ask For Help option in game because its not as rigid in terms of categories and I always get an email reply. The first reply is almost always useless and I have to restate my issue, but after than I seem to get to talk to actual Support reps.

It may not help with the lag, but it might help with passing along your issue to the appropriate team.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer to use the Ask For Help option in game because its not as rigid in terms of categories and I always get an email reply. The first reply is almost always useless and I have to restate my issue, but after than I seem to get to talk to actual Support reps.

It may not help with the lag, but it might help with passing along your issue to the appropriate team.

THANK YOU! I will give this a go but not sure how much help they could provide as this is endemic of a broken system not just an individual user. I kind of hoped that if enough people responded on the forum it might possibly get game devs to really look at the server performance & schedule a real server overhaul.

I live in hope (and possibly delusional)
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Devildog1968_ESO
    I have the same/similar issue. I have been playing ESO since the beta and I have only had this issue for this long since they dropped ESO 5.2.8..... after that loaded I have been having the same problems with lag. I have had a 19000ms (not a typo.. that is 19 seconds) pings. I also seem to get hung (like the above) or outright dropped and it happens most often at boss level areas. I was fighting at an anchor. I was able to beat the first waves to get to the boss pinion and just before the boss dropped, I got hung up just like it was described above. However, most of the times I didn't come back to 1/4 health; I was dropped offline. This happened to me THREE times in a row. Each time I was in the battle to the boss, then **POOF** I am hung, and then back to the log in screen!
    I have also had serious issues getting in a lot. Only Monday night/Tuesday morning, it took me OVER AN HOUR to be able to log in and move around. some times I could click on an object but instead of opening or activating it, I got disconnected.
    I was told by what I assume was first level suport, they were kicking me up to the team who was handling this issue. Sos far they have only said it was probably an issue with my ISP (which hasn't changed on my end) and they would "get back to me"

So I have that going for me.....
    Heroes are no braver than anyone else.
    They are just braver for five minutes longer!
    ~Source Unknown
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never usually get much lag at all, but it was pretty bad in murkmire last night.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same/similar issue. I have been playing ESO since the beta and I have only had this issue for this long since they dropped ESO 5.2.8..... after that loaded I have been having the same problems with lag. I have had a 19000ms (not a typo.. that is 19 seconds) pings. I also seem to get hung (like the above) or outright dropped and it happens most often at boss level areas. I was fighting at an anchor. I was able to beat the first waves to get to the boss pinion and just before the boss dropped, I got hung up just like it was described above. However, most of the times I didn't come back to 1/4 health; I was dropped offline. This happened to me THREE times in a row. Each time I was in the battle to the boss, then **POOF** I am hung, and then back to the log in screen!
    I have also had serious issues getting in a lot. Only Monday night/Tuesday morning, it took me OVER AN HOUR to be able to log in and move around. some times I could click on an object but instead of opening or activating it, I got disconnected.
    I was told by what I assume was first level suport, they were kicking me up to the team who was handling this issue. Sos far they have only said it was probably an issue with my ISP (which hasn't changed on my end) and they would "get back to me"

So I have that going for me.....

I get this a lot as well (1st lvl support giving me the "it's my isp" bs except every other game and program says different and speedtest says PING ms: 7, DOWNLOAD (Mbps): 63.77, UPLOAD (Mbps): 15.44 so that's bs

The fact is EUPC is used by everyone not in merica so while they have actual server slow times if UK is not playing Asia or Pacific is playing so the server is always running at capacity!
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)