The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anti-Kite Build

khajiitNPC
khajiitNPC
✭✭✭✭✭
I’d like to see a PvP oriented set that’s single target, anti kite, basically if enemy engages you if they attempt to move 8m away from you, they start to take damage, and the further away they move the more damage they take. It would be coded in such a way that you wouldn’t be able to cheese and run away from the target to activate the proc.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically an xv1 set for zerglings?
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Basically an xv1 set for zerglings?

Basically this, every Zerg already has that one DK with 40k HP that spams chains on solo players. This would fit neatly into that archetype.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anti kite?

First, doing damage to a player without actually hitting them with something would be bad. All you need is a zerg and anyone who they engaged in combat would die just because they were trying to avoid the zerg.

Lets not empower zergs.

Further, there is anti-kite in the game already. It is called stuns and snares. Used skillfully they prevent kiting.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe :trollface: Snipe damage increases with distance and length of encounter
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d probably quit the game if they ever added this, it’s already annoying that you can be at the speed cap and have that negated by people spamming gap closers.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Or you know, you could stay and fight especially 1v1. But what do I know — don’t get me wrong I love zooming around Cyrodiil picking off potatoes dumb enough to chase as well.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Thank You.
    that type of set would completely destroy us ranged damage dealers, and archer playstyles.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d probably quit the game if they ever added this, it’s already annoying that you can be at the speed cap and have that negated by people spamming gap closers.

I feel bad for you runner!
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because repositioning isn’t a thing, nor is setting up camps or removing yourself from any scenario where it would be better off to do so instead of getting wiped. Let’s look at everything in a vacuum because only one scenario exist in the game.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Yes repositioning is definitely part of the game. See kite build I posted previously in the day “build I’m having fun with”. I also like challenges you act like everyone in the game would be wearing such a set — you could make the other passive bonuses crap, it would be single target. But constantly pillar humping and dipping out is boring. I like challenges. If it proc’d id be like damn, time to buckle down. Not that I don’t get where you coming from, but then you’re also looking at it at a very specific vacuum.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8m’s is very short distance for starters, I considered several scenarios where this would be unhealthy, ranged builds are a thing, there’s already counters for kiting such as gap closing that adds a hard snare and will basically “hold” you in place when multiple people are spamming it etc.

For what purpose would this be added other than to *** people off. And I wouldn’t be so quick to say everyone wouldn’t wear something, that wouldn’t be the first time someone said that about a set which eventually became a nuisance.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have spammable gapclosers, man.

Spammable. Gap. Closers.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Royaji — yeah? Point? It’s not like I’m talking from non-experience. At a very high level you can pretty much get away from anything. I do it all the time and so do others. But yeah gap closers. Noted.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti-kite?

Warden, slot trees.

Hehehe.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    You have spammable gapclosers, man.

Spammable. Gap. Closers.

Or just use ranged abilities. Lol.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti-kite?

Warden, slot trees.

Hehehe.

Hehe I got it.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    anti kite?

First, doing damage to a player without actually hitting them with something would be bad. All you need is a zerg and anyone who they engaged in combat would die just because they were trying to avoid the zerg.

Lets not empower zergs.

Further, there is anti-kite in the game already. It is called stuns and snares. Used skillfully they prevent kiting.

True. My only gripe is that there are not many good snares available to magicka builds anymore.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @Royaji — yeah? Point? It’s not like I’m talking from non-experience. At a very high level you can pretty much get away from anything. I do it all the time and so do others. But yeah gap closers. Noted.

Player with skill often do well regardless of it being able to flee a situation or stopping the person from fleeing. What is being asked for literally takes the need for player skill out of certain situation and empowers zerg groups like I mentioned before.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm I would be ok with a tweaked hargraven garden set where in stead of knocking back an enemy that trys to enter it, it knocks back an enemy that tries to leave.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or a set that procs a ring of death, touch and it will hurt you badly forcing you to stay on the other player.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what exactly are we trying to counter? Streak? Speed? Shadow image?

I mean gap closers work fine but it the follow up hit or even the gap closer damage after that's unreliable and that probably has mostly to do with lag. I see no need for an automatic set. Theres swarm mother's if you really want it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    or a set that procs a ring of death, touch and it will hurt you badly forcing you to stay on the other player.

Would still promote the same lazy playstyle as OP's. Melee are still killing players in Cyrodiil without the need for a set to keep enemies on a leash so such crutches are not needed.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Build speed and use wilderqueen?
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti kite is not letting another player kite you. Let them run. You don't have to chase down and kill everything. In fact, chasing them is exactly what they want.
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen my iq? I lost it some where in this thread.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why all the haters, the other bonuses could be super lack luster for all I care. I do plenty of kiting and get my kills just like everyone else. Idk why you guys are BSing. Competent players kite with godlike evasion even with “gap closers and ranged weapons”.

If you play the game long enough, you know how to kite without being touched and without having to engage someone you know who would melt you.

This is just a fun little idea that forces those sort of kiters to have to fight. I’d love to run into that sort of challenge, as someone who does well at LoS and Kiting.

So far the only valid argument I’ve seen is the idea it would promote lazy play style. Which is true. But everyone is the best on the forums right? :)
    Edited by khajiitNPC on November 11, 2019 10:23PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    just l2p pls