Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Dont ruin the PvP now! It was such a good start!

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    N0CX wrote: »
    Please dear dev's its been years since theres isnt a good PvP in any games. Everything is almost perfect expet that we can't xp in Pvp anymore effeciently. Im personelly not a big fan of your PvE so when i have been able to xp in Pvp through the 20 kills quest i was glad. So of course it had to change i spent more time traveling to get back the quest than to actually fighting. So what to do now?

Here's a few propositions:

Make a daily 100 kill quest.
    Do a weekly 1000 kill quest.

Or simply:

Allow a small amount of xp and gold when you kill a player.

Theres a lot of player who will continue playing your game if you do something in this line of change because at the moment i can tell you the PvP is pretty much dead since the patch.

Honestly its such a strange and bad choice of nerf that i almost wonder if that was to simply unload the charge of the PvP servers.

Please dont ruin it now!

"Good start"? Are you serious? People achieved VR10 in 2 days while PVE'ers would take months to achieve the same. I too love the PVP in this game, I'm #15 for emperor (after 3 days of PVP) on the largest campaign for pact -- but I also thoroughly enjoy the PVE.

The way you keep subscribers in any MMO is to SLOW progression and add massive end-game content. There also has to be a balance of PVP and PVE, while PVE takes a priority as more people PVE than PVP -- which is essential for consideration while keeping the lights on. Adding PVP as a shortcut to OP yourself in PVE will cause PVE to become just as dead as PVE'ers will then believe PVP cheapens their gains.

PVP is not a big portion of any popular MMO's out there -- it has been and still is the minority (as in minority of the subscription fees).
    Options
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    while PVE takes a priority as more people PVE than PVP -- which is essential for consideration while keeping the lights on. Adding PVP as a shortcut to OP yourself in PVE will cause PVE to become just as dead as PVE'ers will then believe PVP cheapens their gains.

PVP is not a big portion of any popular MMO's out there -- it has been and still is the minority (as in minority of the subscription fees).

Well it is hard to say that PVE or any other portion of the game should just flat out be a priority. I think you're right that a majority of players do mostly PVE content, but that doesn't always equate to "more priority on PVE is a key to success."

One example of this sort of thinking i'm endorsing is the Pareto Principle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

A small aspect of your system can have consequences disproportionate to what it would seem. This statement can apply to many situations.

Still i'm not going to call you wrong. I'm just going to say I would be skeptical of such generalizations and "common sense" thinking.

And I do agree with you that PVP shouldn't just be a shortcut to VR10. But in the end I don't think you'll really see many of us that disagree with that.
    Edited by Ramanadjinn on April 13, 2014 5:57AM
    Options
  • DemonSp
    DemonSp
    Soul Shriven
    bump bump. The exp gain from 5 hrs of pvp equates to about 20-30 minutes of pve content. I'd rather just pvp non-stop but I'd be stuck on the level I'm at currently. Sigh.
    Options
  • N0CX
    N0CX
    Well looks like Zenimax do not want to hear us i dont know why is it such a problem for them to let people who enjoy the PvP level up that way. Well instead i went Pve by bashing mobs over and over again in the famous xp spots taht you can find all over the internet and thats really boring and in any way challenging. I rather xp while fighting agaisnt another humain being that a stupid AI. But thats just me. Its really a shame because everything is already ready to go... only link missing is a quest like i suggested in the first post.
    Options