The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

With the dot nerfs

hakan
hakan
✭✭✭✭✭
I realized people throwing Rending Slashes out of the bar, which reminds me; Do we need to use Duals anymore?

i would have say the same about bow too, but master/maelstrom bows make a difference in dps.

only reason, i guess, is crit chance from daggers?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is needed only to hit light and hvy attacks for range.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Bow is needed only to hit light and hvy attacks for range.

what
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With duel weild, you get a full strength nirn+ either 3.5% crit or 1376 pen from sharpened, not to mention the extra 5% crit from at least one dagger, which is the meta, dagger/ax. That is why dual wield.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    With duel weild, you get a full strength nirn+ either 3.5% crit or 1376 pen from sharpened, not to mention the extra 5% crit from at least one dagger, which is the meta, dagger/ax. That is why dual wield.

yeah i figured out that. still trying to bring 2hander into equation though.

Maybe executioner with bloodthirsty would be good? you know executioner has wider range compared to killer blade
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Swapped to 2h and haven’t looked back. Have had 90k crits from executioner in last few %. Pretty much the same dps, minus 1-2k on 3mil. I think swapping from sharpened to precise axe will help, but still farming transmutes.
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    2 bloodthirsty, 1 infused btw
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure 2H and DW are pretty much even in terms of single target dps depending on the class and setup I've seen with DPS parses this patch.

For simplicity sake, compare Wrecking Blow to Rapid Strikes and Executioner/Reverse Slice to Whirling Blades with the assumption that the end result is close to the same dps. What you find is 2H offers greater sustain and more splash damage.

Wrecking Blow:
    • 2700 Cost
    • Cast Time
    • Buffs Light attack damage, synergy with 2H passive "Forceful" aka even more splash damage.

Forceful passive: Your Light and Heavy Attacks damage up to 3 other nearby enemies for 50% of the damage inflicted to the primary target.

Battle Rush passive: Increases your Stamina Recovery by 30% for 10 seconds after killing a target.

Rapid Strikes:
    • 2700 Cost
    • Channel (damage over time, litte more reliable)
    • No aoe interaction.

Executioner/Reverse Slice:
    • 2160 Cost
    • Instant
    • Even if you choose executioner, light attacks still provide some splash dmg. Reverse Slice is not too far behind in execute damage for the additional splash, but it will put your dps slightly behind the Whirling Blade + Rapid Strikes for single target.
    • Reverse Slice aoe 5m radius
    • 455 dmg * 4 = 1820
    • 455 dmg * 5 = 2275

Whirling Blade:
    • 3510 Cost (Huge)
    • Instant
    • 6m radius
    • 705 * 2 = 1410

It comes down to preference. In my view, 2H = more sustain/spash damage. DW = slightly more dps, depending on the class.

Stam Sorc's for example should really consider switching to 2H. Your light attacks are already being buffed by 10%, add 40% empower + splash damage on light attacks. Also consider, Stam Sorc's sustain is tied to the highest Stam Regen modifier of any class with 20% and -6% cost. Meta is already Orc + Tri/Quad drink for +300 stam regen. 2H will give constant +30% Stam regen. This really highlights for me why I think Redguard is so underwhelming, cost reduction is tied to weapon abilities which are used less often with Bound Armaments being introduced. Cost is also multiplicative with other cost reduction making it weaker the more you stack it.

I really have a hard time thinking of a single class that Redguard is BIS on. It use to be Stam Sorc and Stam DK, but both have more class identity now so less utility out of the Weapon Cost reduction. Lastly, I find it much better to have higher regen then cost reduction because you can recover to full in combat break phases where Redguard only gets additional sustain within combat.

Edit: Tooltips based on eso-skillbook.com which I found is the most up to date. The cost does not include -15% cost via weapon line passives.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on November 11, 2019 1:16AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still use vma dw so I’m still using rending unless there is another Stam dot for single target or aoe. But it’s nice to use carve on two h with vma dw wish the uptime for it was like 7 secs so I can place all my dots and use rapid/bloodthirsty more.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar