Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ranging with a Dragon Knight: Mage Style

Solomon_Cato
Solomon_Cato
✭✭
I have seen quite a few builds with Dragon Knights using bows and combining some Earthen Heart skills to create a Support/Buff/DPS style of build. No doubt that Molten Weapons, Obsidian Shards, And Magma Armor are great tools for the group, but I kind of wanted to create something with a caster feel to it. Enter: Staffs.

http://esobuild.com/?IwbgDCAsCsIMzAHTLgIxNA7ALkogTAIZgBmAxtgosGHoYQBzGL1OrZL0X4thxj4OicvEgBOfDB4IGqaMB7AAbIXz4AJkmgqwZBkqAA==

I chose High Elf, but obviously any race with magicka traits will suffice.
I feel this build is the ultimate hybrid, being able to buff allies, debuff enemies, and offer healing as needed. (Note: I chose Restoration staff solely based on creating the holistic hybrid support, not a pure healing build, I reserve that for the Templars).

I dumped all attributes into magicka, as I don't really see a need for anything else.

Please feel free to post your suggestions and concerns.
Edited by Solomon_Cato on April 2, 2014 5:41PM
  • Neospid
    Neospid
    I'm glad to see someone else casting with a DK. I am doing a ardent flame build with a dark elf to act as a dps fire mage.

How does solo questing work with this build? Does it take you a while to kill stuff or do you put out decent dps?
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Basically when leveling, get a good staff and hold down left click. It's a little slow skill wise getting started, but once you get destruction to 14 and Mage's guild to 2 I imagine things speeding up quite a bit.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve leveled up all my weapons except bow. (Which was level 6). So I slapped a sharpened bow front bar on my MagDk and dropped fossilize and Ele Drain. Added scattershot and The unmorphed endless hail skill and did normal maeslstrom.

It was actually kind of funny. Bow Resto lol. Got it up to 39 in 1 run. I’m gonna get it up to 50. Lol Zero in Stam
    Edited by JumpmanLane on November 11, 2019 12:20AM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q9db7Mb.jpg
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 11, 2019 12:37AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Q9db7Mb.jpg

Hey you know what happened? I hit the last button on the thread thing by mistake. Lol. Read the thread it seemed interesting. I JUST looked at the date hehehehe

My bad!