Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bristleneck War Boar

mareeelb16_ESO
mareeelb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Simple question...

The description on the Bristleneck War Boar:

increases your inventory capacity by 5 slots on all characters account wide

Does this mean one purchase will apply to both my EU and NA characters?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Crown store purchases done on a particular server apply only to that server.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying - I'd suspected as much but the wording seemed a little ambiguous :|

I'm not altogether convinced that there's a justifiable reason why it shouldn't apply to both servers - other than squeezing more money out of people - but then I don't make the rules :D
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunate that this ended up being a CS exclusive. They were ambiguous about this on the PTS, never answering directly our question as to whether this could be obtained in-game.

They had a feedback thread on this with a question basically asking - were you able to find how to acquire the pet. Which the answer was - duh, it was in the CS. But, that question seemed to indicate that maybe there was another way to earn it in-game; otherwise it seemed like a really dumb question to ask.

I don't think 1200 crowns is worth getting 5 extra slots on all character, but for players that use characters strictly as storage, I guess it's not a bad price, esp. considering the cost of 10 inventory slots for 1 character. If it were a pet I actually liked, then I might buy it, but I don't use my alts as storage, so I don't need an extra 5 slots while adventuring with them.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying - I'd suspected as much but the wording seemed a little ambiguous :|

I'm not altogether convinced that there's a justifiable reason why it shouldn't apply to both servers - other than squeezing more money out of people - but then I don't make the rules :D

It would be a nice in game reward, but for a CS exclusive it is pretty much a rip off.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kind of reads like you get extra bag space for all characters plus this free pig which is of no consequence and need not even be the active pet.

Does anyone else read it like that or can they clarify?

If it works like that, I'm totally gonna buy it.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does work like that, as was tested on PTS.

ETA - obviously, the more characters you have, the more value the pet's perk provides. I'd rather have more storage chests, as I don't need more inventory space on my characters, since I don't use any of them as storage mules.

But, I do think it's a pretty decent deal for those that struggle with enough inventory on their characters, and they have lots of alts. Even just the original 8 gives 40 slots.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 7, 2019 6:09PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the boar looks amazing. I'd like it even if it didn't increase inventory capacity. <3
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

ETA - obviously, the more characters you have, the more value the pet's perk provides. I'd rather have more storage chests, as I don't need more inventory space on my characters, since I don't use any of them as storage mules.

But, I do think it's a pretty decent deal for those that struggle with enough inventory on their characters, and they have lots of alts. Even just the original 8 gives 40 slots.

Great! I've been trying (via posts like this) to get them to let us buy unlimited bank space at 100 crowns per slot (or 2 if sub'd). They'd make a fortune and I'd be happy, but I'll take this for now!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want the Pack Donkey :-)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Il wait for the pack mule or the mournhold pack rat.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunate that this ended up being a CS exclusive. They were ambiguous about this on the PTS, never answering directly our question as to whether this could be obtained in-game.

They had a feedback thread on this with a question basically asking - were you able to find how to acquire the pet. Which the answer was - duh, it was in the CS. But, that question seemed to indicate that maybe there was another way to earn it in-game; otherwise it seemed like a really dumb question to ask.

I don't think 1200 crowns is worth getting 5 extra slots on all character, but for players that use characters strictly as storage, I guess it's not a bad price, esp. considering the cost of 10 inventory slots for 1 character. If it were a pet I actually liked, then I might buy it, but I don't use my alts as storage, so I don't need an extra 5 slots while adventuring with them.

Agreed.

Shows how slimey they are getting. Ignoring the threads in the PTS completely about why they were going PTW on something like this. (Yes, Inventory management is part of MMOs, so selling things exclusively for cash in the store to boost it that you cannot get in game is PTW - ESO is not just a fighting game, so PTW means more than magic swords for sale).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one, what do I win? :*
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one as well, I thought he was cute and he's hardy enough to survive the dragon fights B)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

Great! I've been trying (via posts like this) to get them to let us buy unlimited bank space at 100 crowns per slot (or 2 if sub'd). They'd make a fortune and I'd be happy, but I'll take this for now!

You realize what they've given you is more than double the price you intended to pay? 240 crowns per slot, vs 100. The fact that PTS indicated that there was an additional acquisition method and he is now crown store exclusive is what really gets me. Not to mention, 1200 crowns for FIVE slots, even if it's 5 per character, is pretty pricey.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures please. One of him next to a Psijic pig and next to a pony. He needs to be big for me to spend crowns.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hinted during PTS that it was a potential quest reward. But I guess now it's confirmed to be Crown Store exclusive? o.O
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    increases your inventory capacity by 5 slots on all characters account wide
    Does this mean one purchase will apply to both my EU and NA characters?

It's probably just for the particular server, BUT "account wide" typically means everywhere you can play this game since you only have one account no matter the number of servers you play on.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the text be changed soon?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it increase the max number of slots or just give 5 slots per character up to the maximum? And if it does increase the maximum for characters who already have max storage, will it also increase max storage for any characters I may create in the future?
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you have to have it active for the increased inventory slots?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I thought it was hinted during PTS that it was a potential quest reward. But I guess now it's confirmed to be Crown Store exclusive? o.O

I mean, of course it is cash shop only. The monetization of this game has gotten steadily worse over the past years. There was (and is) zero reason to suppose this trend will stop. So of course they made this a cash shop exclusive. The frogs in the pot will buy it, not knowing any better. This game is great, but the monetization is a straight up racket. Why bother actually improving the game when you can leave critical problems (like the lack of max inventory increases since the launch) in place and sell people the solution? There are plenty who won’t recognize this sort of con for what it is and buy it. Or who don’t care, and thus perpetuate more and more of this kind of crap.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Imryll wrote: »
    Does it increase the max number of slots or just give 5 slots per character up to the maximum? And if it does increase the maximum for characters who already have max storage, will it also increase max storage for any characters I may create in the future?

You don’t have to have it active to get the increase.

You will have 205 slots on a maxed out character.

New characters will have that extra 5 from the start and have 205 by the time they are maxed.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

New characters will have that extra 5 from the start and have 205 by the time they are maxed.

Thanks for sharing these details, @max_only :)
  • KoeKhaos
    KoeKhaos
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »

You realize what they've given you is more than double the price you intended to pay? 240 crowns per slot, vs 100. The fact that PTS indicated that there was an additional acquisition method and he is now crown store exclusive is what really gets me. Not to mention, 1200 crowns for FIVE slots, even if it's 5 per character, is pretty pricey.

Except it's not the same since it increases MAXIMUM slots. For me it was 50 extra MAXIMUM slots and a cute pet for the price of a McDonalds meal... worth it to me. Now, that said, some other things on the crown store I think are ridiculously priced and I personally would prefer a pure subscription model with everything in game, but no games, even WoW, do this anymore so I think that's beating a dead horse. :/
    Edited by KoeKhaos on November 8, 2019 12:25PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS: You want us to sell you the craft bag? OK, here's 5 slots for $12 instead lol. The next one will be "impossibly cute" and cost 1500 crowns.

Its similar to Jack London's The Call of The Wild - pets once just for show are being repurposed into beasts of burden. I wonder how far across the Ali'kr desert that thing will make it before cardiac arrest.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Thanks mate, brought mine last night. It's actually quite a happy little pig
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx