The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Engulfing Flames - Can & Should A Dragonknight Tank Try To Get To the Full Value?

Nefas
Nefas
Class Representative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFOuOFrI7k&feature=youtu.be

In this video we review the final Dragonhold PTS changes done to Engulfing Flames (how the scaling works with both Spell Damage and now Max Magicka) and if a PvE Dragonknight tank can/should try to get the full Engulfing Flames debuff value.

Within the context of certain Trials and most dungeon content available in The Elder Scrolls Online, I believe that a PvE Dragonknight tank should try to get the full debuff value of Engulfing Flames IF applicable.

There's a variety of factors that will determine whether you should run it within different contexts as different tank positions for PvE.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting video. Really wish they would instead make it so you wanted to take a MagDK instead of putting this off on a tank instead.

My tank is sitting @ 5%. Wish it was more but since I pugged more dungeons then trials I'm ok with it.

My question since I am sitting at 5%. How much value would it be for the group to bring stonefist in for the buff along with the 5% or is it better to push the engulfing buff to 8-9%.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    My question since I am sitting at 5%. How much value would it be for the group to bring stonefist in for the buff along with the 5% or is it better to push the engulfing buff to 8-9%.

It will depend on fights and raid compositions for Trials. Most fights you will have to go one or the other as investing more into Engulfing Flames as you saw from the video meant making more stat sacrifices/block cost sacrifices (sturdy) which means keeping up Stagger will be harder.