The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ugg These Update Sizes Are Killing My Xbox

UGotBenched
UGotBenched
✭✭
Just went to play some scrolls on Xbox and an update popped up for 50+gb. Feels like just a couple weeks ago I downloaded one this size.

I’ll have to start removing games if I want to update and keep scrolls or finally cave and get the other hard dive.
Edited by UGotBenched on November 9, 2019 3:24AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popping in to one of these threads again to remind people that these large content downloads aren't adding to the game's file size like the download size suggests. A lot of the content being downloaded is overwriting existing files.

Your ESO installation didn't get larger by 50gigs. I don't know exactly how much of it were new files, but the majority of it weren't
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next update I got good news and bad news.

The entire patching system is being overhauled which means the downloads are going to be far smaller, and the size of the game is going to be reduced as duplicate assets are removed.

Bad news, you will have to redownload the whole game for that patch, which as you are now used to downloading 50+g, you can take it as the next 50g+ patch you download is probably the last one.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Bad news, you will have to redownload the whole game for that patch, which as you are now used to downloading 50+g, you can take it as the next 50g+ patch you download is probably the last one.

It's gonna be well over 50gb for the whole game though. My case of Tamriel Unlimited, purchased back in 2015 claims it requires a minimum of 75gb of space.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    size matters

s02xj.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated above, relief is coming. It will require downloading the client again. Even PC will have to do this. We should also ask if a delete of local files first will help those who have storage challenges just prior to the next update.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thoughts?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw man, not looking forward to downloading again. Stupid at&t makes me wait like 10 hours now.....will probably take an entire day for the download the whole game.

Oh well c'est la vie