Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG PC-NA] Losing Credit for Scalebreaker Achievements

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valkner is the one response given on forumns the only time theyve responded to this issue? I didnt realize it has been around for two months! mine didnt start until 3 weeks ago. This is insane. -_-
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Valkner
    Valkner
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is the only ZOS response I have been given. The other info I have received is by a class rep friend reporting it on my behalf.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you get these achievements does the number associated with the achievement points go up and then go back down when they are reset, or does that number stay the same but the affected achievements just get grayed out?

I guess I’m trying to surmise from the behavior which information might be stored in the save file and whether some might be lost when this occurs. Maybe an array size needs to be increased or there is some overflow from a data type not being large enough.

I sure hope it doesn’t take two more months to fix this. It’s only been 3 days since the patch and I am sorry to admit that I am getting the shakes from withdrawal...
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen four things happen:

I've seen the achievement pop up (which I screenshot), and it appear in the journal summary and the points added to the total. Then, the next time I log in, the achievement has disappeared from the summary and the points subtracted from the total, with it grayed out in the tab.

I've seen the achievement pop up, i screenshot it, then i open my journal and its simply not there, still grayed out as if never completed.

I've seen, for the achievements that require grinding (killer, minions, etc), points added to the needed total, then by the time i run to the next dragon, progress has been reset to zero.

I've learned a style in dragon guard, seen a notification pop up that the style is added to my account (helmets, legs, etc), then I open achievement and the style achievement is still completely grayed out, showing that i have not learned a single portion.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All grayed out achievements have had their points deducted from the total. and as vaulk described, it does seem that you can be doing something else, like a monster trophy, you get that achievement? and immediately, something else is gonel to bump your total back down again.

Like taking two steps forward, three steps back.

So you can not even just avoid dragonhold/scalecaller content and be fine. Any achievement you get anywhere else will just start removing others from your total.
    Edited by Zyva on November 7, 2019 9:38PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    All grayed out achievements have had their points deducted from the total. and as vaulk described, it does seem that you can be doing something else, like a monster trophy, you get that achievement? and immediately, something else is gonel to bump your total back down again.

Like taking two steps forward, three steps back.

So you can not even just avoid dragonhold/scalecaller content and be fine. Any achievement you get anywhere else will just start removing others from your total.

That is exactly what I was afraid of, the new ones in southern Elsweyr were more noticeable when they were lost because people were constantly checking their progress. If any new achievement can cause you to lose progress, it’s really hard to avoid. You could just be farming nodes and have one pop, do a daily quest and have one pop, kill a certain type of monster and have one pop.

Is anybody from ZOS going to let us know if they are still working on this, if progress is completely lost, and give us a timetable for a fix?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's embarrassing that ZOS hasn't issued a fix for this issue yet or even a recent update to show players that they are taking this problem seriously. This should be a priority! The last we heard was that on 10/18 they had pinpointed the cause of the issue. ZOS, if you know what's causing this, why haven't you fixed it in 3 weeks or updated the community on how progress is coming along?

I have several friends experiencing this issue for months; it flat out sucks that they are losing achievements they've worked very hard to earn and are therefore losing enjoyment in the game. Why would you have any incentive to subscribe or play if your rewards disappear? ZOS, get it together already.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is anybody from ZOS going to let us know if they are still working on this, if progress is completely lost, and give us a timetable for a fix?

We have a fix slated for Monday's incremental patch, and your progress is not lost. Once you log in, any achievements that appeared to be missing will show up.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay!! this is awesome news. Thank you Gina! I'm very excited to get it all back.
  • pureskills101
    pureskills101
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this is great to hear! now i can finish the story in Dragonhold!
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks Gina!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for this great news! I saw this post earlier but was so eager to get back into the game. Now we can all enjoy the last of the Witches Festival this weekend and catch up with Southern Elsweyr!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• McDoener96
    Hey, i have the same Problem on ps4 eu. Can we get a fix too please ?

https://youtu.be/TgltXeM89cU

I lost Achivments but still have the titles

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, we did not get a patch on PS4 on Monday. Hopefully we will be getting one, but when might that be?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We have a fix slated for Monday's incremental patch, and your progress is not lost. Once you log in, any achievements that appeared to be missing will show up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this patch must have gone out for PC but as far as I know there has not been a patch for PS4 since Dragonhold. I do not auto-update so I have to wait for them to download when I log in, and I have not seen one. Can you please let us know when we will be getting one?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I don’t want us on consoles to be forgotten
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was an update for PS4 today and the server goes down for maintenance again tonight. Is this bug fix included in the patch or possibly one tomorrow? Someone please give some info about consoles.

EDIT: OK I found the patch notes and it looks like it is in there. I don’t see anything about fixing the rain inside housing, I hope that one is coming soon or is in there and was not mentioned.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on December 4, 2019 5:07AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA