The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

worse than scalebreaker

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Honestly, this patch is so bad...

lets begin.
the tank meta is back. but this time, the healing is HIGHER??
damage has dropped significantly. the dots were to strong in scale. but now theyre pointless. i have a 7k tooltip on poison injection. in elsweyr it was 9k. oh and the multiplier has gone down as well. my dots are completely unnoticed and pointless. and that combined with the tankyness and the healing means noone ever dies.

but zos was so preoccupied making mount stamina go down smoothly they didnt have a chance to address this.
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭

lets begin.
    damage has dropped significantly. the dots were to strong in scale. but now theyre pointless. i have a 7k tooltip on poison injection. in elsweyr it was 9k. oh and the multiplier has gone down as well. my dots are completely unnoticed and pointless. and that combined with the tankyness and the healing means noone ever dies.

but zos was so preoccupied making mount stamina go down smoothly they didnt have a chance to address this.

CP PVP I assume, I've heard there's a bad PVP Time there
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    KurtAngle2 wrote: »

lets begin.

CP PVP I assume, I've heard there's a bad PVP Time there

on xbox no cp is completely dead.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda had an opposite problem last night. I would kill someone before my xbox realized it so would stand there trying to pull off another combo when they would already be dead. So I was exposed a little longer then I wanted to be.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, just checking in. I'm curious, how long has the tank meta been a thing? 2015? I'm just curious that's all.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i dont even know anymore. In terms of bad patches for me it goes nerfmire > nerfowind> everything in the last like year and a half

Is it to early for eso classic to be a thing?
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poison injection's execution damage did not go down. It is even increased between 50% to 1% HP!
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poison injection's execution damage did not go down. It is even increased between 50% to 1% HP!

uesd to be at up to 260% now at 100%
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm liking the execute applying to the direct damage portion as well now.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

Whats there to like, its about same damage as regular spammable at max execute.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Hello, just checking in. I'm curious, how long has the tank meta been a thing? 2015? I'm just curious that's all.

It was magnified with the CP system, that's for sure... If you look at the CP "skills" like unchained and vengence, and how much free sustain you get from heavy attack cp star, block reduction, and roll reduction, it does not take much to see why.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting how every single patch seems to usher in a tank META. Damage goes up? OH NO WATCH OUT FOR THE TANK META! Damage goes down? OH NO WATCH OUT FOR THE TANK META. Dots are buffed.. dots are nerfed.. healing buffed / nerfed.. doesn't matter what it is. Everyone always predicts a tanky META. Every patch.

I'm not able to find it now but someone posted a poll recently regarding peoples' preference for medium vs heavy in pvp.. and medium won the poll by a healthy margin.

It is not a tanky meta. Damage is down and healing is up.. people are trying to stack damage more than ever. They may have good survivability but they are not "tanks".

Btw the way you kill tanky players is by out-sustaining them. Invest just a little bit into mobility and you'll wear them out within 15 seconds because they won't be able to land any heavy attack, and they'll waste quite a bit of stam trying to keep up with you. I killed plenty of "tanks" this weekend using a build with a meager 3700 wep damage. In CP cyro.

Personally I think combat feels great. If a fight goes on too long I just bounce and go find someone else to fight. Plenty of people who do die.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Because now the dd is increased by 100% when they are under 50%. Thank you for taking Johnny Cab /rolls eyes
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on November 7, 2019 10:37PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Because now the dd is increased by 100% when they are under 50%. Thank you for taking Johnny Cab /rolls eyes

Johnny Cab...

I'd freaking drop kick that thing!

No gosh darn robot gives me Lip!!

"How'd I get here?"
    "You opened the door and got in of course... Pssh"
    "That's #$&+ing it!!!!!!"

*Cab crashes violently*
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting how every single patch seems to usher in a tank META. Damage goes up? OH NO WATCH OUT FOR THE TANK META! Damage goes down? OH NO WATCH OUT FOR THE TANK META. Dots are buffed.. dots are nerfed.. healing buffed / nerfed.. doesn't matter what it is. Everyone always predicts a tanky META. Every patch.

I'm not able to find it now but someone posted a poll recently regarding peoples' preference for medium vs heavy in pvp.. and medium won the poll by a healthy margin.

It is not a tanky meta. Damage is down and healing is up.. people are trying to stack damage more than ever. They may have good survivability but they are not "tanks".

Btw the way you kill tanky players is by out-sustaining them. Invest just a little bit into mobility and you'll wear them out within 15 seconds because they won't be able to land any heavy attack, and they'll waste quite a bit of stam trying to keep up with you. I killed plenty of "tanks" this weekend using a build with a meager 3700 wep damage. In CP cyro.

Personally I think combat feels great. If a fight goes on too long I just bounce and go find someone else to fight. Plenty of people who do die.

You can build tanky in medium, ive had 31-32 resistance on my back bar for my stamplar. It had access to major and minor protection. On that same build I had 4K plus weapon damage, over 18k pen and about 1800 regen without including rune. And I don’t think you know what people mean by tank meta also, they aren’t talking about actual tanks.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

You can build tanky in medium, ive had 31-32 resistance on my back bar for my stamplar. It had access to major and minor protection. On that same build I had 4K plus weapon damage, over 18k pen and about 1800 regen without including rune. And I don’t think you know what people mean by tank meta also, they aren’t talking about actual tanks.

this
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course you can be tanky in medium armor, but why bother when you could invest in more damage or sustain instead? Damage and sustain are much more effective tools than resistance this patch.

I know what they mean. Actual tanks are not relevant to most pvp discussions.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    the issue is major and minor protection are very easily obtained, while major and minor berserk are quite rare. anyone can get major protec on demand with blackrose resto but major berserk? that only comes from reaping mark and storm atro synergy. (as far as i know)
    so people can easily get the high mitigation but few can counter it
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    the issue is major and minor protection are very easily obtained, while major and minor berserk are quite rare. anyone can get major protec on demand with blackrose resto but major berserk? that only comes from reaping mark and storm atro synergy. (as far as i know)

Nah definitely not the issue. Major protection on demand doesn’t mean high up time. The problem is people tend to play CP mode and HoTs got buffed last patch but not nerfed this patch. Non-CP pvp is pretty glorious atm.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

Nah definitely not the issue. Major protection on demand doesn’t mean high up time. The problem is people tend to play CP mode and HoTs got buffed last patch but not nerfed this patch. Non-CP pvp is pretty glorious atm.

Agree. I have switched back to noCP and it is so much more fun! Yes there are 1v1s ending in a draw but even in those duels both sides at some points of the fight are reaching execute range, while finding someone who can literally face tank (stand still and laugh at people) more than 2 people is pretty iompossible. The best proof of noCP good health state is the fact that on PC EU with each day Bahlokdaan has more players.

noCP is much more balanced, though magicka toons are suffering there A BIT more due to greater stamina drain, but this is just a minor inconvenience.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually was rubning the exact same stats, I think wep dmg wen even higher than that. Spriggans-steadfast. But steadfast is crap now I switched to hundings-fury medium based. Since Weap damage helps your heals it makes up for major protection lost 😋
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this patch i would Pen was more the thing to stack, 2.8-3k base damage is enough (with buffs in cyro and group you can clear 4k easy) aim for around 18-20k pen and you will take down most "tank" builds fairly easy, with the templar's spear now ignoring armour and resistances make the stam/magplars very strong for eg. but again this just my opinion