Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mageblade monster set

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Which monster set can you recommend me, specially for PVP bgs?

Blood spawn is a good option but I don't know if the armor is relevant if I already have Pariah set, for that reason I was thinking in Shadowrend. If I already have enough armor and sustain then maybe would be good to complement it with reducing the damage of the enemy. I believe it has to be useful for the group and when I'm solo. The thing is that I'm not sure if the idea is good or there is something better.... Can you help me?
Edited by teladoy on October 8, 2019 4:25PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your BG build a support build, @teladoy?

Because if you have defense and sustain already covered, damage would be the next item on the list.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not Skoria? I assume you are using degeneration. Or the Kragh + Domihaus combo. Thurkovun can be fun, too
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your BG build a support build, @teladoy?

Because if you have defense and sustain already covered, damage would be the next item on the list.

Is a build oriented to do a decent amount of damage and also contribute healing and buffing my team. I don't need to do more damage, i need something balanced that would help me and my team, but if it can be possible it has to be something realiable, and not something that procs doing nothing because the enemies roll away or im far away.

Why not Skoria? I assume you are using degeneration. Or the Kragh + Domihaus combo. Thurkovun can be fun, too

This combination seems good, it can be a good option just get from 2 different sets only the stats that can be usefull. But i believe for my kind of build 1400 penetration will no do too much difference, but maybe if someone focus me and i'm solo, or even if i'm in a group, i can sumon a pet that lows the damage a 15% of every enemy it hits + magicka damage for every auto attack... that's way maybe i have to test it...
  • Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan or bloodspawn
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center
    -Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are a non-cloaking magblade, then Blood Spawn or Shadowrend ... sure, why not. If you are a cloaking magblade I think Blood Spawn is bad.

Blood Spawn is mostly about the utility. That little bit of stam sustain is useful, but far from enough for the way I play magblade (open world magblade main here). The ulti-gen, I feel, is hardly needed if you use Soul Harvest. The Blood Spawn proc is based on when you get hit. As a cloaking magblade your objective is not to get hit. A bad fit. The resistance is nice, but IMO has too much downtime, compared to truly defensive sets. In other words, I don't rate this for magblades, unless maybe non-cloaking, tanky (Pariah, like you say) and in need of more ultimate than 70.

I like Shadowrend quite a bit, but it is (a) single target, therefore more of a duelling set and (b) what does it do when you cloak? I'm not sure. Wouldn't want it to give away your position. Procs a lot, though, and can be used to proc Necropotence.

My own preferred choice is Zaan, but you have to be prepared to play in melee range. Having extra speed is very useful with that set. I go all out on speed with Steed, all Swift and RAT, so it suits me.

Skoria is always a good choice, because it's a plain good set, but with DOT nerfs I imagine this has taken a hit. Still, if you use, say, Lotus Fan, Crippling and maybe poisons, that will amount to some good proc chances.

I am not too familiar with BG playstyles. I imagine Grothdarr might work in an AOE centric build. Balorgh might work, but arguably favors more expensive ults. Troll King is always an option, if you feel you need more healing. Slimecraw for more damage.

I'm pretty terrible in BGs, but pretty good open world as a cloaking magblade. My general feeling is that magblade is weak and, as some of us were discussing in another thread, needs a lot of sustain to either shield or cloak. You run Pariah, that might suit BGs, but if that means you run heavy, I don't know. Heavy is a big hit to damage on every magicka build, although I suppose your group utility will go up by being more of a brawler and not using Cloak.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're helping your group by throwing around Healing Wards and Regeneration, and you don't want more damage, consider Troll King. It tends to feel tankier than Blood Spawn and will proc on both you and your group.

I also feel playing with decent (1K+) stam regen is very helpful on magblade. Good for brawling, otherwise you end up hanging back or cloaking when low on stamina. A way to help with that might be Grundwulf.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB