The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New to housing, wondering about add ons.

scubasteve28
scubasteve28
✭✭
Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the add on section. I'm just getting into the housing aspect of eso, and I have loads of furnishing plans known, but find it hard to scan through them to find what I want. So I was just wondering for those of you with spectacular houses, are there any add ons you could recommend to make housing easier?

Best Answer

• Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Furniture Catalogue. For me, it is an absolute must-have - the amount of furnite is quite overwhelming (more than 3 thousands different items now!) and it sorts them nicely - by those that can bought for gold, where it shows cost and where the vendor is located, dropped from npcs, crafted etc.

It has also and option to filter furniture by crafting station and known/uknown patterns and needed ingredients in case of craftables, or item quality. It has a search box to look for specific item by word eg. "table" or "breton".
    You can link in chat whole recipe, matherials or item.

I remember there was an addon to preview furniture linked in chat, furniture preview, or item preview but it stopped working and gave me errors. Since i remember how most furniture looks by now, I didnt bother to look for a fix, but it is super helpful when starting playing with housing, especially combined with furniture catalogue.

While EHT is an amazing tool with great possibilities, such as aligning your items perfectly, adding special effects, light, change sky, creating interactible animation and many, many more, I dont use it much, because im dumb XD
    Edited by Batgirl on November 7, 2019 11:03AM
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use Essential Housing Tools (EHT). With EHT, I can position items much better.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi ScubaSteve and welcome to housing. You were right to post here rather than the add-ons section.
    There are two main housing add-ons that people use - Essential Housing Tools and Port to Friends.
    These two add-ons cover 90% of what you need and a whole lot of stuff you didn't think you needed :D
    If you have any questions on these add-ons, I'm sure people here in the housing forums will be happy to help.
    Happy Building!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic Carpet addon is a game changer.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EHT (@Zypheran - EHT has the /home command which can port you to other's homes)
    Magic Carpet

DECO TRACK (seriously, if you own more than 1 home, you need DecoTrack)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 4, 2019 4:28PM
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    Thank you all so much! I'll get those add-ons tonight!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scubasteve28 , welcome to Homestead! 🥂
    I will just echo what has already been said and agree, EHT has been a game changer for me personally and for many people I know who already have used it. As has also already been mentioned, please don't hesitate to reach out for any questions you may have along the way. There are a multitude of very kind and helpful players here, as well as numerous videos with step by step instructions on how to use the various tools.
    also, absolutely love your name!
    😂
    Edited by Delphinia on November 4, 2019 8:03PM
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furniture Catalogue is a must. I don't think HearthHome Filter or ItemPreview work anymore but if they ever do then they are clutch.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.