The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elinhir Housing Fix Request

Felexir
Felexir
✭✭✭
ESO Game Devs,
I have a very simple and quick fix request and I'm hoping a game developer sees this. Can we make it so that the three trap switches of the house function with the same permissions as lights and doors? Where only those with permission to turn on and off lights or open and close doors can have the ability the activate the switches? I host a lot of duel/fight clubs and it gets annoying when people start drinking and messing with my switches.
Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!
-caustic_ronin
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    Please?
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to bump this because I'd really appreciate seeing this implemented.
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to bump this once again because I know it's an easy fix and it would be great if someone would just tweak it. Thanks!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP (I don't know who is in charge of stuff like this and I'm just hoping someone looks at this before summer. :)
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't seen this thread before and I know this isn't the best solution; perhaps you can create a "viewing" box using the Elsweyr gates so that only you and decorators can get into the lever area.

In addition instead of using the gates you can just use actual walls, decorators can "move" the wall when they want to get in during the moving process the wall isn't counted as there so they can walk through but no one else can. Then they cancel the action and wallah no one can get in but those who are supposed to have permission.

Sorry ZOS hasn't considered this change already but I figured I'd provide some workarounds if you hadn't already put some in place. :)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't seen this thread before and I know this isn't the best solution; perhaps you can create a "viewing" box using the Elsweyr gates so that only you and decorators can get into the lever area.

Genius idea. :smile:

Could also use the dragon door, I guess?

Edited by Tigerseye on March 25, 2020 6:30AM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the problem with using walls or other "solid" items to cage in the switches. They aren't really solid. I'll explain.

A friend of mine wanted to host a dueling tournament at his house. He wanted the duelers to be required to stay inside an enclosed space and be penalized if they left the specified area. We decided that was unfair without physical barriers at the sides of the dueling space. A person shouldn't be penalized if a skill of their opponent's knocked them out of the dueling area. (A skill like the Templar's javelin, for example)

We crafted several of everything we were capable of to test it. Wooden walls, stone walls, Gates, etc. We set these things up to test and proceeded to duel. And every time someone was knocked toward a supposedly solid barrier, they passed right through it as though it wasn't there.

You say you host fight club and want to keep people from messing with your switches. Whatever you put around them as barriers, people will be getting knocked into the area through whatever walls you put up by the actions of other players while dueling.

Why not make an announcement at the beginning of the event? "Please do not mess with my switches!" If people you are inviting into your home don't follow your rules, they shouldn't be invited back. Even in a game.
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the feedback! I did try doing like a viewing box but it's so bulky and ugly to do so. I am guessing to make the change I was asking (to make it have the same permission properties of lights and doors) I feel is just adding the switches as variables in an array of "interactive items" and make sure that array is in the same permission scope as lights and such.
    Don't worry everyone, I'll do my best to keep bumping this as much as I can. I know it's a small change, but if it can be I'm sure more than just myself would appreciate it!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed.
    The usage of the switches should be restricted in the housing permissions.
    As a temporary fix you can block the way near the switches(i.e block the way by a wall/cages/platform etc.).
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    LOL I reposted this in general chat so more people could see it since there doesn't seem to be any comment on anyone looking into it.
    Then instead of telling me they will look into it, @ZOS_FelipeF just closes it because I posted it here? Yeah dude, I posted it here back in October.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually disagree with having the switches set to the same permissions as lights and other interactive objects.

I want to be able to set visitor permissions so that people can't turn off fountains and lights and gates in the house without losing the core feature of the coliseum, being the use of the switches

I gotta agree that the fact that people can get knocked back into furnishings, and that you can't properly duel on top of furnishings as platforms, is a big obstacle to decorating the house. I had to leave some knockback-into-able furnishings in place because getting rid of them would sacrifice too much of the house
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner