The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crown Crate Drop Protection Suggestion

KoeKhaos
KoeKhaos
✭✭
It would be nice if crown crates had a drop protection against RNG to some degree for those who buy a lot of crates. What I mean is that if the Radiant Apex drop rate is 0.2% then each time you open a crate and don't get one you should add that base chance to a bonus chance pool. So if you open 1 crate you would have 0.2%, the second crate 0.4%, 10 crates, 2%, 100 crates, 20% chance. This chance would reset each time a specific reward level is achieved. Maybe not these exact numbers, but giving something to those of us who buy a few crates would be nice. As it stands right now I only buy enough crates to get 1 or 2 apex and all the neat stuff below then stop because I know I would need to buy 500 crates for a 1:1 chance at a Radiant Apex which is a bit insane. Having some sort of protection mechanic would encourage people to potentially buy more crates. Note, this would obviously go towards the person opening the crates in the case of gifting.

Other ideas I've had, though maybe more dumb, are to also get into a monthly lottery with one ticket per crown bought each month that the winner/s can choose an Apex reward or House or something. And of course, we should be able to have the option to buy crown stuff as a token so we can sell them on the vendors or in trade. Just saying...
  • KoeKhaos
    KoeKhaos
    ✭✭
    Edited to note: At the 21,000 crown buy, that's about $1200 for a 1:1 chance to get a single Radiant Apex... Hence my hope something like this could be done.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bank on it. They want that $1200, and know there are people willing to spend it - if not from their own pocket, then with in-game gold and someone else's.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoeKhaos wrote: »
    It would be nice if crown crates had a drop protection against RNG to some degree for those who buy a lot of crates. What I mean is that if the Radiant Apex drop rate is 0.2% then each time you open a crate and don't get one you should add that base chance to a bonus chance pool.

Dota 2 uses escalating odds for their loot crates (Treasures), which increase drop chance of rares-ultra rares individually the more crates you open. Then when you get it it resets. I think that was and is a really good idea and other companies should follow suit. Radiant Apex's for example or a complete joke to get and lure in the rich or serious gamblers. And how pacrooti tempts you to get more crates wasting more money is *** disgusting and whoever thought of it should be *** downright ashamed.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on November 6, 2019 10:33AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeebus! $1200! Not sure what that is in pounds sterling but it's more than I'm willing to part with. Good God but you could by a decent PC for that.

But if people are willing to spend that much on the chance to get something, no wonder ZOS sells the things. And I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for things to change while people are throwing money at them and governments are unwilling to regulate what they're doing.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, they can't do that. Then their flimsy argument that gamble crates aren't gambling might actually hold some water and put a dampener on international efforts to regulate gamble crates for precisely what they are... gambling.

Oh, to yearn for the days when video games were just video games instead of rackets designed to steal your money...
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Don't bank on it. They want that $1200, and know there are people willing to spend it - if not from their own pocket, then with in-game gold and someone else's.

And they will get it too, that's about what I spent in October alone on Crowns.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

And they will get it too, that's about what I spent in October alone on Crowns.

Hope you enjoyed what you were buying them for!

They'll get it plenty of times over once those frost crates drop, too. People have wanted those for years - and that blue/purple Radiant horse in the datamine looks mighty tasty. And it'll be around Christmas. AND it'll (probably) be after a crown sale.

Fashion Scrolls Online strikes again lol.
    Edited by Hanokihs on November 7, 2019 7:23AM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.