The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Witches Festival] How much are you FARMING SKULLS each day

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Between drops this year and leftovers from previous years, I'm surprised some people haven't finished their Apple Bobbing Cauldron memento.

[Witches Festival] How much are you FARMING SKULLS each day 74 votes

Not doing the event at all
12%
wookikiller95TarrocanTyavariBNOCgrannas211NelothKingExecrationNerftheforumsDosuul 9 votes
1 skull with my Event Tickets and that's it
10%
DerraMarcoPolo184BeyakoOMrSmileOoTiZzA93VyvrhelLuedeRahar 8 votes
Only accidentally / less than 1 hour
16%
MaythorDavadinSoellaLoralai_907StreegaHaquorDelpizykOrjixVigawattKaartinenMizoreReyes 12 votes
1-2 hours
35%
AelorinAlsarothElsonsoMasterSpatulaFfastylLarianameekeyceeDarkdexLuckylancermocap6lackzeu5ryuunoMinyassap00txvaleriiyaHotdog_23ThragoldMoonsorrowIngrollMartiniDaniels 26 votes
2-4 hours
18%
Oakmontowls_ESODrembo14_ESOBlkadrGoregrinderOberon45bongtokin420insd16brimstone74pelle412mbthorrydaemondamianApostateHobobakthiBloodSkull_ESODragonredux 14 votes
4-6 hours
1%
b95fister 1 vote
6-10 hours
1%
Bobby_V_Rockit 1 vote
11-18 hours
2%
simple_specopsmethod__01 2 votes
19-24 hours
0%
24 hour botting
1%
Xerikten 1 vote
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours
    About two hours, because that's the time I have available to play each day. With the Dragonhold dailies, this is enough for six skulls, sometimes seven.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing since I can't login in the first place lol
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours
    It's kind of soul-killing farming for stuff. I do one each of the things I can do by myself or with available waiting crowds (so basically everything but dungeons and trials) and then I might spend a few rounds running back and forth between a WB and a dolmen, but I get tired of that so quickly. Plus I'm really not getting anything fun, the RNG hates me as much as usual. I keep getting Glenmoril Robe and Jerkin pages over and over and over, and in the purple plunder skulls I get...mushrooms. So meh.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Not doing the event at all
    0 When ever I have time to play, are the servers down.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    About two hours, because that's the time I have available to play each day. With the Dragonhold dailies, this is enough for six skulls, sometimes seven.

Interesting -- you're not putting questing on hold to do the event?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Heck, during an event like this is the best time to do questing or achievement chores, since your work pays off in more than one way. My farming is most usually done with delves I have not completed with that toon, or a public dungeon I haven't done so I get the achievement and a skill point for the group event, and new skyshards.
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    2-4 hours
    Minyassa wrote: »

Heck, during an event like this is the best time to do questing or achievement chores, since your work pays off in more than one way. My farming is most usually done with delves I have not completed with that toon, or a public dungeon I haven't done so I get the achievement and a skill point for the group event, and new skyshards.
    This is exactly what I'm doing. Knocking out delves/public dungeons on my main, doing the "kill 3 dragons" quest for the Dragonguard, etc. My alts are all still stationed in Northern Elsweyr for writs, and there's always been multiple people sharing a WB quest on zone chat, so I do that too. Finally took my stamcro into a (normal) trial, since timers weren't up on the others, and that was fine, so now I know I have more options.

It varies a lot, though. Monday, I got every gold skull. Yesterday, thanks to login failures and me having class in the evening, I got two (that's been the low point so far), and not all of my alts did daily writs.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character got the apple bobbing thing some time ago before this event.

Over the course of her day, she ensures she gets a gold skull from 5 of the 7 categories (ignoring Trials and Arenas as always).

Beyond that, one of her hobbies and fun things to do is hunting bosses (regardless of event) so she often will end up with those 5 gold ones and perhaps as many as a dozen more over the day. She doesn't what I would call farm, as the modifications to how she would normally play during this event are few.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 gold skulls and x-amount of purple skulls that I gain with it.

Sure, there are nice memento's and armor / objects to get. The 'want' of gaining and using those however is often a temporarily pleasure.

Prefer not to grind too much. Game is mostly for leisure, with hints of beserkerism (Cyrodiil).
    What I don't gain, I'll enjoy to see on others.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything above 4 hours, strictly dedicated to skull farming, can already be called botting lol...

Me I just do my 3 dragons a day, maaaaaybe a world boss or two, whoever from my guild needed DPS for a dungeon or trial, that's it.

in other words, i do ZERO skull-farming, but as i play through the content i got a few.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....still no sugar candy recipee though. damnit. i won't pay 200k for that thing.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-4 hours
    The drop rates on the new food recipes are pretty abysmal. I got 500+ skulls so far and no drops so I bought them from others.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours

I combine questing and the event in a similar way Minyassa said. Doing the Dragonhold dailies will reward some skulls and will only take a couple minutes more. Also, I don't plan on returning to the region after getting the achievements there, and now is an easy moment to get them.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours
    pelle412 wrote: »
    The drop rates on the new food recipes are pretty abysmal. I got 500+ skulls so far and no drops so I bought them from others.

You're in some really bad luck then. 200 skulls at the most was enough for all recipes to drop for me. Let's hope you will have more luck in the future.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I am only farming the easier of the Dremora skulls on 2 accounts (so 4 per account). I bought the gold recipes I still didn't have yesterday and only need 4 of the style pages. But I still don't have enough of the writs to get the witch title on even one character, which is super annoying.

I did do an extended farm the other day for purple skulls, but it was mostly nonsense so I don't think I'll be doing that again.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I can log in and not get kicked from server, 1-3 hrs day. Maybe 4-5 gold skulls a day, plus 1 if I have time to solo FG1.
    10 or so purple a day +/-... Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on October 30, 2019 3:55PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    1-2 hours
    Nah, to low chance for nice drops and still making play trough trough all zones on my necromancer. Killing an easy overland boss, a dolmen (paired with Fighters guild daily) and a delve (demi)boss. That's how far I'm prepared to go.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-4 hours
    I get all 7 golds a day, though it may take a little time for the trial.

Hit the Viridian Woods, WS in Bangkorai. On the way to the Dolmen i can usually find a rover boss that counts for a public dungeon (Its a special Daedra spawn near the crumbled walls). I go to:
    1. Dolmen, first Gold Skull (2 minutes)
    2. The the WB right next door, 2 Gold (Arli Sanctum) (5 minutes ish)
    3. If i didn't get the Roamer on the way, i jump to the northern Public dungeon (Karnwasten) in summerset. Run straight in over the bridge and jump down to the beach. a Boss spawns there. (5 Minutes ish)
    4. Now i Queue for FG1, and it always pops fast (Especially for tanks). 10 minute run at the most, 4th Gold Skull.
    5. Any Delve in one of the opening areas (Stonefalls, etc) is easy to run and tag a boss. Or any one you want. 5th gold Skull. (5 minutes ish)
    6. NMA. 30 minutes, wam and bam. 6th skull. Alternatively, DSA if your not comfy with solo.

Thats roughly an hour for the 6. Trial, NCR is fast, so another 30 minutes. total hour and a half or so to get all seven.

Hope this gives people a good direction if they weren't sure. If not, disregard, just trying to help :)
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5. Any Delve in one of the opening areas (Stonefalls, etc) is easy to run and tag a boss. Or any one you want. 5th gold Skull. (5 minutes ish)

I'm starting to check Bolgrul. Sometimes he gives a mission where the delve is basically right next to a wayshrine. :)
    I'm gonna be near him anyway when I pick up the daily pledges and choose the easiest one that can be 4-dps.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 30, 2019 4:22PM
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-4 hours
    smart.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2-4 hours
    I'm not really farming it, I am grinding dolmens....but they are dropping so I am opening them.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled a new chara the first few days and farmed about 250 purple skulls.

Got nothing apart from a cosmetic I have, purples are pointless.

I occasionally do golds but not the trial/ arena one but I alread have the recipes I need.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 hours
    My low so far was one (Loooooong day at work) and my biggest day is probably around 40. I've opened a few hundred skulls by now. Still missing seven Glenmoril pages (and have been for days, just getting larger and larger collections of the same pages) and all the recipes added this year.

You know, when the day comes that I finally move on from this game, I suspect it's not going to be combat changes that finally does in my enthusiasm. It's going to be this incessant reliance on low-drop-rate RNG.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle