Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slow scrolling with mouse wheel

Pro5per
Pro5per
Hi guys.
Whenever I need to scroll in-game (inventory, camera, etc) I need to do A LOT of mouse wheel scrolling and it's very slow, anyone else have this issue?
Using a Logic Performance MX Mouse.
Does not happen on a Windows machine.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pro5per wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    Whenever I need to scroll in-game (inventory, camera, etc) I need to do A LOT of mouse wheel scrolling and it's very slow, anyone else have this issue?
    Do you have the latest version of Logitech Control Center for Macintosh OS X?

Have you set up a profile specific in that for ESO or is it default OS X settings?

I have a Logitech G700s and have no problem like you describe. In menus I always click and drag the scroll bar which is faster and more controlled to find items in inventory I find. Zoom in and out is smooth and responsive.

Personally I don't use the Logictech software on my Mac (tends to get bad reviews). I have always used Steermouse and found it great for many years now.

• Pro5per
    Pro5per
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Pro5per wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    Do you have the latest version of Logitech Control Center for Macintosh OS X?

Have you set up a profile specific in that for ESO or is it default OS X settings?

I have a Logitech G700s and have no problem like you describe. In menus I always click and drag the scroll bar which is faster and more controlled to find items in inventory I find. Zoom in and out is smooth and responsive.

Personally I don't use the Logictech software on my Mac (tends to get bad reviews). I have always used Steermouse and found it great for many years now.
    Hi, thanks for the response.
    Yes, I have Logitech's control center installed, I even tried accelerating the scrolling to the fastest available and the scrolling speed in ESO did not change at all.
    I don't think it's a mouse issue really, because I tried Magic mouse and it's the same.
  • carlub17_ESO2
    carlub17_ESO2
    ✭✭
    bump - I have this exact same problem. Same mouse as well. But it seems to happen with my magic trackpad as well. Of course, that may be because of the logitech control center. I am using version 3.9.0 which the software says is up to date. Also scrolls fine everywhere else and in other games.
    Edited by carlub17_ESO2 on May 6, 2014 3:11AM
  • achimb16_ESO3
    achimb16_ESO3
    ✭✭
    Same for me - same Logitech mouse as OP with latest software for it. It's worst in the inventory window, my middle finger is getting blisters already.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it is related to the Logitech software and ESO. I have a Logitech mouse but don't use their software and have no issue like this.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    i am using the logitech g9x and the latest software. i did not realize any issues with scrolling.
    i can switch between "free scrolling" (no clicks hearable) and "normal scrolling" (where you feel the 'clicks' while scrolling).
    --there is some kind of mechanical swith to change that

i am using the second option and don't have any issues. haven't tried the first option yet
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    *Bump*

I'm having this issue with a Logitech Wireless M510...
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue with Logitech MX Master S2. I use the Logitech Options Software.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone has figured this out? It looks like in 2021 this bug still exists (all other games work as intended).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this topic is nearly three years old we've decided to close out the discussion. If there are no recent discussions on your issue, please go ahead and start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.