The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why incap silence is ridiculous.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Because it also prevents you from drinking potions and using ultimates.

Seriously, let me drink my friggin' potions when I want to!

Also, why must this ultimate differentiate in effectiveness between magicka and stamina?

Why are magicka builds being victimized here when stamina is already the stronger option? (negate magic comes to mind too).

Furthermore, my NB would also like to get something back that is equally effective against both magicka and stamina builds, so just give us a good ol' stun back already.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more you wait, the weaker your ult gets. Free cc immunity for the enemy is a gift, didn't you know? It allows for a longer fight and more fun for both opponents! God bless my ult becoming shittier the more I wait to use it!
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a shame, this change. Incap was perfect. Maybe it needed to have defile removed.. maybe? Otherwise it was fine. The silence is not fun for either party. Most NB's prefer not to give the free CC immunity anyway, so they either always use it early or just use a different ult. Oh and cast time now too. I honestly don't remember the last time I was hit with incap it's so easy to dodge now. A real shame.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could revert literally every change made to this skill but giving back it´s stun. The stun from incap was probably one of the buggiest stuns this game has ever seen. Every time you were hit by incap, your character would freeze for half a second before actually getting stunned and pinned to the ground. That delay was a pain to deal with.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Because it also prevents you from drinking potions and using ultimates.

Seriously, let me drink my friggin' potions when I want to!

Also, why must this ultimate differentiate in effectiveness between magicka and stamina?

Why are magicka builds being victimized here when stamina is already the stronger option? (negate magic comes to mind too).

Furthermore, my NB would also like to get something back that is equally effective against both magicka and stamina builds, so just give us a good ol' stun back already.

This ultimate has been nerfed into the ground and yet people still complain about it which at this point I'm certain is l2p problems. The only good thing about the ult is the sustain passive attached which is better off used on a ranged bow build for added sustain and the assassination passives. Since the removal of defile and the nerfing of damage across the board on top of the horrendous cast time this ult is awful for focusing people down. If you manage to even land this ult on someone Stamina builds can heal thru the damage because the lack of defile and if you used the strong version of the skill you just gave them free cc immunity not allowing you to use any cc to help follow up with the damage boost. Both the 2h ult and dawnbreaker (either morph) are better for focusing down a target. If you hit a magicka character with the silence since it gives cc immunity they just have to avoid any sort of follow up by blocking/single dodge roll because they cannot get stunned following the hit and the silence is only 3 seconds then able to heal back to full because lack of defile.

The skill is extremely weak and can be countered numerous ways. The skill should have it's cast time removed for starters then either go one of two ways. The ult should always be 70 ult like soul harvest and either bring the defile back especially with how healing is in this game after removing seemingly all sources of defile or keep the silence but remove the cc immunity on a non cc it's already extremely short and counterable as is with only 3 seconds.

Bringing back the stun would be a terrible idea on a skill and how it could be followed up with a bow proc because of the GCD. It does NOT need the stun either bringing back the defile or removing the cc immunity on a NON CC would be enough on top of having the cast time removed. I personally think the silence is healthier for the game and avoids the defile heavy armor nightblade meta and is already extremely forgiving only being 3 seconds, the cc immunity on a non cc along with cast time kills it the skill though.
    Edited by JinxxND on October 30, 2019 1:12AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Silence is good. I think its aimed to suppress the vital life-saving abilities in the critical moment. Problem is, with the current cast-timed version it doesnt work. What incap needs thats ONE of these:
    -cast time removing
    -bit longer silence (5-6 sec)
    -be unbreakable

I think, one of these changes would solve the incapaciting strike`s identity and effectiveness
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    id be fine with removing the cast time and 1 of these

major defile

unbreakable silence that should effect ALL skills.

a 70% snare.

a BIG damage buff.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone talking about an unbreakable silence just needs to stop right there.

The cast time needs removing and it needs the defile back.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why people think stam is stronger than mag. Both sides have their strengths.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for the nb community, but the nerfs were coming. The salt was too much and it was nbs turn.
    If they are removing hard cc's from class and weapon skills, why not give incap the stun back if they against the defile? Its an "ultimate" after all.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t understand why people think stam is stronger than mag. Both sides have their strengths.

I don't know...

Negate, CC being bugged making you run more stam on a mag char where a stam char never has a need to run more mag, higher skill base costs forcing you away from sets that offer damage like New Moon Acolyte, higher skill costs forcing you to run sustain set or "get good" in a way you never have to on stam, no Marksman equivalent, slower heavy attacks, easily avoided ults, less direct damage options, sets that simply aren't as good, etc.

But hey, maybe that's just my opinion...
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still use incap? Just stop. They aren’t going to change it anytime soon. I switched to onslaught so instead of getting hate tells about incap now people can hate tell me for using onslaught.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more you wait, the weaker your ult gets. Free cc immunity for the enemy is a gift, didn't you know? It allows for a longer fight and more fun for both opponents! God bless my ult becoming shittier the more I wait to use it!

They really don't seem to have thought that through.

Unless the intention was FU NBs, but I think it only feels that way.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

They didnt think it through, they just needed to make a quick Change because in their infinite wisdom someone on the Combat Team decided that an Unbreakable silence would be a good idea, which created one of the biggest, if not the biggest Forum outrage ever so they had to somehow give it counterplay and they just decided to be lazy About it.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

They didnt think it through, they just needed to make a quick Change because in their infinite wisdom someone on the Combat Team decided that an Unbreakable silence would be a good idea, which created one of the biggest, if not the biggest Forum outrage ever so they had to somehow give it counterplay and they just decided to be lazy About it.

The funny thing is the unbreakable silence that only lasts 3 seconds it's the same amount of time it take to walk out of a guard negate. People crying about a 3 seconds unbreakable silence are probably the magsorcs that hard cast frags and cry about sorcs needing a buff. At some point people should learn to play the game and mechanics instead of crying about every single inconvenience despite it being extremely counter able.

Your a mag toon and get hit with incap your first reaction should be to block and or dodge roll. Guess what the 3 seconds is up now and your now free to either cc and/or start your healing against which isn't defiled with a silence. L2P issue.
    Edited by JinxxND on November 3, 2019 3:47PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »

The funny thing is the unbreakable silence that only lasts 3 seconds it's the same amount of time it take to walk out of a guard negate. People crying about a 3 seconds unbreakable silence are probably the magsorcs that hard cast frags and cry about sorcs needing a buff. At some point people should learn to play the game and mechanics instead of crying about every single inconvenience despite it being extremely counter able.

Your a mag toon and get hit with incap your first reaction should be to block and or dodge roll. Guess what the 3 seconds is up now and your now free to either cc and/or start your healing against which isn't defiled with a silence. L2P issue.

If it takes anyone 3 seconds to walk out of a negate they suck.
    3 Seconds of no abilities possible so no defense or offense for mag is a death sentence. You only have your stampool which is already limited since mag is your Primary Attribute. While you dont have to necessarily die in those 3 seconds you will be placed at such a big disadvantage that the next cc (or next incap since its among the cheapest ults in the game and nbs can get nearly 1/3rd of its cost back for drinking a potion) will kill you.

Lets put it in reverse: Why dont you defend yourself with only your magpool on a stamchar for 3 seconds? Let me know how that works out.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Three seconds is a long time in PVP.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside of a nightblade which is currently stamina for PvP I do play a mag necro and I have been able to counter a silence incap numerous times by literally just dodge rolling once and blocking for the silence affect to be over then using my heals and getting ready to cc. Mag toons do have a stamina pool and while they aren't roll dodging throughout the fight like medium armor stam toons you still have stamina to breakfree, block, and dodge roll big attacks and such. Saying a stamina pool is non existent on a mag toon is incredibly dumb. If you had 0 stamina to work with 1 cc such as a petrify/bombard would kill all mag toons also with access to tri stat food, sets like shacklebreaker, racials such as the high elf stam regen on class abilities or even if you want to go less max stam with bi stat food and use sets like bloodspawn/amberplasm you have multiple ways to use stamina for your defenses. You still have to dodge roll big attacks like anyone else just not as much as a medium armor and block attacks from time to time even if it's not as much as a sword and board/heavy armor user.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the "combat team" or whatever to call them, are quite "special".

I'd really want see them in real life:

- "Isn't a bit hot in here?"
    - "Yeah SURE! Now let's CRUSH all windows, remove and throw away the doors entirely, turn the AC up to 100%, and open the fridge and freezer! GO!"

They obviously don't play the game. Gradual changes isn't their thing. And thinking through changes isn't either. Put an absolutely silly debuff (Silence) on an almost spammable ultimate - yeah, perfect thinking. It's VERY fun to come across that as a magicka character. Your options for defense are SO numerous. It's like they don't even try to foresee what changes like these will mean.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be totally cool if they removed the silence altogether and just made it 70 ult at all times and major defile like soul harvest, then the only thing bad on it would be the terrible cast time.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence should either effect both Magicka and Stamina, or shouldn't exist at all in this game.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be totally cool if they removed the silence altogether and just made it 70 ult at all times and major defile like soul harvest, then the only thing bad on it would be the terrible cast time.

this
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silence should either effect both Magicka and Stamina, or shouldn't exist at all in this game.
    Your bias is ever-showing. Don't you ever get tired of playing your victim role? Literally all your posts are crying about how stam is so much better than mag. If it was just a couple points it might actually be taken seriously, but you are just all-out red zone rage. Pathetic.