Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops Now Live for Consoles!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
fd9605ca2a0fd1201fd707962d34a1c5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Twitch Drops Now Live for Consoles!" blog article.

Twitch Drops are now available for Xbox One and PlayStation®4 users. Check out this article to learn about how you can set up your console ESO account and start earning rewards!
Staff Post
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you. Will there be a new edition of ESO Live to advertise/test this?
    PS5 EU.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great 👍 Thank you! 😁
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Will there be a new edition of ESO Live to advertise/test this?

We don't have our next ESO Live planned (yet!) but we do have drops activated for the Stream Team this week
    vi9mf1qvsekc.png

Staff Post
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Just a heads up the link to the new stream page is broken in the announcement article on the main page.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, are Crown Store announcements no longer going on the official forums?
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    A few questions. When you click on all three of the events listed on the new page, it says:

"Tune in for at least 5 mins to receive a drop."

Previously, the minimum drops threshold was 10 minutes, and drops were sometimes guaranteed and more often just "a chance of a drop."

1) Has the threshold been lowered to 5 minutes? Looks like it, but confirming.

2) Are drops guaranteed by the statement above? Or just a chance of a drop?

If I'm reading the sentence correctly, I'm interpreting it as "You WILL receive a drop for 5 minutes of watching." If that is true, is that going to be the policy from now on, or will there be Twitch events in the future that are still only "a chance of a drop" like before.

---

Also a suggestion:

The horizontal scrolling two-week calendar is a pretty awkward setup. A month long static calendar would be much easier to work with. Well, on a desktop browser at least. Maybe this was chosen because of mobile users.

That said, very nice work on all the information you get from clicking on the events on the calendar, particularly knowing who's streaming at the moment. Good work, website team.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Is the pinned twitch drop schedule thread still going to be updated or are we going to have to search the link you posted @ZOS_SarahHecker. Just curious as I find the one pinned here in the forums a better format and easier to find. Thanks for the console drops, Glad the console side is getting some attention.
  • Inkfingerps4
    Inkfingerps4
    Soul Shriven
    My account is already linked for my PC.
    Do I need to do anything extra to link the PS4?
    Cheers!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaaay finally! Thanks guys
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for the new twitch drops it is under the home page/ community/ community streamers / find more/ new calendar at the bottom. You will have to continuously go left to see all the drop dates. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker I guess the new drop schedule will no longer be pinned here since the pinned post now says last one?

I do hope that you all will consider a different calendar lay out. Even if it is only for two weeks, please put both weeks on one calendar page instead of this endless scrolling right.
    Edited by corvair62 on November 6, 2019 7:38PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of us console plebs getting the purple mount/pet that PC got for linking their accounts?
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • sawyerpavel
    Hi,If I watch a movie on top of the strim (cant see strim video only hear), will I be able to get drops or I need to be in the stream window?
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Any chance of us console plebs getting the purple mount/pet that PC got for linking their accounts?

I don't remember that.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't actually know how drops work. Is Twitch supposed to notify me? I watched 3 streamers in the last 2 days, each one for over an hour. According to the calendar the drops should have arrived by now.

Edit: right after posting this the game updated and I now have 1 Ouroboros Crate. Console drops are working then. :)
    Edited by Jolipinator on November 7, 2019 3:21PM
    PS5 EU.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Hanokihs wrote: »

I don't remember that.

@pdblake It was the Twitch Prime reward back in September. Guess console will have to wait a year to find out if we'll have a crack at it, too.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    I notice there are a lot of complaints about the "new" twitch drop schedule page horizontal scrolling format.

Now for my comments.

Please get rid of it today if not sooner and replace it with something else. It is the worse thing I have ever seen. Certainly ESO can come up with something better. I just went there a short time ago to see what the November past month drop events were and I saw nothing! Not even a hint that Drops were active at that moment when I was at the "schedule" bar!

If the new format can not tell me that Drops are active now at the moment I am looking at it, then it is worthless. Gina's formerly pinned page at the top of this forum was trillions of times better.

Is there a website I can go to that properly shows the twitch drop schedule in a format that is actually useful?
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I find the twitch drop schedule?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I find the twitch drop schedule?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers

You will have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and then scroll right on the calendar.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My account is already linked for my PC.
    Do I need to do anything extra to link the PS4?
    Cheers!

I'm on XB NA and would love to know this too. I've got my XB account linked to my ESO account and my Twitch Account linked to my ESO account. I had previously received drops on PC (the few times I watched an official Twitch stream with drops enabled).

I relinked my Twitch account since I had changed my password a while back and forgot to relink it at that time. So, am I going to now get drops on XB or still on PC or both?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno