Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TEMPORARY FIX (Mojave): Spinning screen

Dormiglione
Dormiglione
✭✭
  1. Close all ESO apps, if open.
  2. Open your system settings and go to Privacy and select Accessibility.
  3. Unlock the settings and remove all ESO related apps (eso, launcher & steam), if present. When unlocked, the item list is visible and the +/- buttons can be clicked.
  4. Launch the ESO launcher, then press PLAY.
  5. If the game starts in full screen, press CMD+M, or go into the settings and activate windowed mode.
  6. Insert your password and login, then proceed to load your habitual avatar. When arriving at the game, you see a more or less wildly spinning scene, and when attempting to move, you seem drunk.
  7. In the same instance as the game loads, also a system message pops up, asking Launcher.app for accessibility features. Please note that this message can also appear behind the open apps and will eventually pass unnoticed.
  8. Click on the system setting button. Since you have the window open and already unlocked, you may now enable the "Zenimax Online Studios Launcher" (click the check box), which was added to the accessibility settings of your system.
  9. Go back yo your game, which now seems to work correctly.
  10. However, when you quit and reenter, spinning occurs again.
  11. Just go back to the settings, unlock and remove the check and add it again, to enable normal play. You may keep the accessibility window open and unlocked, for as long as you play.
  12. Do not forget to rant ZOS until they fix it.
  13. ZOS: There is absolutely no need to enable accessibility, when the only problem is to fix is the mouse position. The movement defines the over-swing, and the smoothing the entity applied to move the mouse pointer back. Since this can also be done virtually, the system accessibility tweak is overdoing. Of course, you may need to change a bit your camera code in order to achieve the result which you are now applying by changing the hardware X and Y axis, rather than virtually adjust the mouse position.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just upgrade to mojave without knowing this!!! WTF... Is there a solution for this, more permanently... ?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    I just upgrade to mojave without knowing this!!! WTF... Is there a solution for this, more permanently... ?

Yes. In the mean time, I have investigated and it is once again possible to launch the game directly from eso.app. Then, you need to do the above steps only once for each update. However, you may get errors when the app was updated and then you need to use the Launcher (to update).

cykxiplxqsnl.png

There are also several advantages to run eso.app directly:
    • The mouse attaches seamlessly to the game without special treatment.
    • The Internet lag is much less evident
    • The game is overall noticeably more performant (20-30%)
    • It is less likely to crash
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Weird thing is that after fresh install (using steam) all of those eso.app, launcher and steam launcher were already added in acessability and I have no spinning toon issue :/
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    Puodas wrote: »
    Weird thing is that after fresh install (using steam) all of those eso.app, launcher and steam launcher were already added in acessability and I have no spinning toon issue :/

Maybe Steam is installed over the App Store and then it may have those permissions natively. I haven't tried that, because I do not like to subscribe to Steam as well. But it would be an option to add ESO to the app store :)
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Nope
    Puodas wrote: »

Maybe Steam is installed over the App Store and then it may have those permissions natively. I haven't tried that, because I do not like to subscribe to Steam as well. But it would be an option to add ESO to the app store :)

Nope, steam is installed from steam site :neutral:
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    It appears that with Catalina, this issue is definitively gone! :)
  • onezeroeight
    onezeroeight
    Soul Shriven
    I have Catalina and it most definitely isn't gone on mine. The latest update broke it again.