The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishing(s) disappearing.

SpiderKnight
SpiderKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
New manor, only thing I didn't really like was the floors, not a huge deal but wanted to try and redo the floors inside. I place 4 floors down, decide I like it, so I leave to make more, and come back to find one has shifted slightly, and one has disappeared.
Not in my inventory, and not in the floor or wall or wherever, there's only 3 to retrieve.
Is this common for items if they are clipping through like this? Never had this issue before (as far as I know).
Edited by SpiderKnight on November 4, 2019 2:19PM
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try retrieving with no addons on, I had that happen recently and it didn't show some candlesticks that got stuck in walls. IDK why- but turning everything off worked.

I also had logged out for several hours too.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try retrieving with no addons on, I had that happen recently and it didn't show some candlesticks that got stuck in walls. IDK why- but turning everything off worked.

I'm ps4.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm ps4.

You can retrieve on PS4, you just have to enter the housing editor and tab over with R1 I think a few times.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    New manor, only thing I didn't really like was the floors, not a huge deal but wanted to try and redo the floors inside. I place 4 floors down, decide I like it, so I leave to make more, and come back to find one has shifted slightly, and one has disappeared.
    Not in my inventory, and not in the floor or wall or wherever, there's only 3 to retrieve.
    Is this common for items if they are clipping through like this? Never had this issue before (as far as I know).

If you can't find it under the housing tools retrieve function- then report it lost/stolen to eso help....they will return it in mail..may take a few but you will get it back. Has happened to me more than once. You will get a default response in email initially telling you to go and use your retrieve function --but press them you get your item(s) back...why it happens i can not say- but it does happen.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a house that ate a bunch of furnishings and they were very good about returning them or reimbursing the ones they couldn't return so I could replace them, but I'll never trust that house again and it gets to sit there unfurnished now, the greedy thing.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm ps4.

You can retrieve on PS4, you just have to enter the housing editor and tab over with R1 I think a few times.

Read the og post again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that when adding platforms or floor structures that things can move and shift each time the cell renders. It can even happen on the stock floors. Usually this happens in a guild hall that has lots of attunable crafting stations.

But having the items get so that they can't be Retrieved from the menu is not something that I have heard of on the forums. Not saying it did not happen to you, it's just not a common issue.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I have a house that ate a bunch of furnishings and they were very good about returning them or reimbursing the ones they couldn't return so I could replace them, but I'll never trust that house again and it gets to sit there unfurnished now, the greedy thing.

Which house was that?! 😱
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming soon to a crown store near you - ESO house insurance.