The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disconnecting at random (No Error - 2019)

JameZaye
JameZaye
Soul Shriven
Whenever I'm playing *ANY* of my characters, I will eventually have be disconnected (can't interact/loot and other players freeze) - followed by being booted to the login screen without an error. There's no internet loss on my end, checked all the basic diagnostics to no help.

Tried both versions of the game (Steam and Web client).
Local IP and External IP are both Static (within the time frame of disconnecting)
Ports are open
I have used the repair tool

PC version. NA Server.

Have owned ESO since release but this issue has constantly reminded why I keep dropping the game.
Edited by JameZaye on October 31, 2019 1:35PM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @JameZaye

If you have verified your IP address is static and opened the ports listed here we recommend you submit a support ticket here, and make sure to include your Game Consultant file so our support team may further investigate the issue you are having.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JameZaye
    JameZaye
    Soul Shriven
    @JameZaye

If you have verified your IP address is static and opened the ports listed here we recommend you submit a support ticket here, and make sure to include your Game Consultant file so our support team may further investigate the issue you are having.

I did and I got a copy/paste response. The response on the ticket looks like someone did not even read it- thinking that I can't connect to the game at all- which is no the problem.

I verified that my IP Address *IS* static via both windows and my router. The external IP provided by my ISP did not change during the hour of my play (confirmed by both What Is My IP? and Google).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to get DCed at random. It was not very often but became more frequent to the point it happened multiple times an hour. I ended up connecting to a TS server as it has a low bandwidth requirement to test if it was on Zos' side or elsewhere.

The service provider found nothing when they ran a test but the tech that was sent out found 4 different issues. Once resolved I was no longer getting kicked.

tldr, it can be a local issue and the service providers remote test is not very good.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Chiming in as being in the same boat as JameZaye. PC-NA player in the DC suburbs, running off VZ FiOS.

Prior to last week or so, the game had been rock solid. The number of times I had a timeout over the last five years could probably be counted on one hand, perhaps two.

Since last Friday or so... timeouts with increasing frequency, until the server gets to an Error 307 (you're booted from server, presumably for spamming).

How the login timeouts seem to work for me:
    • Login to client
    • Character screen loads. Pick the next character, and to be sure my addons are kept to a minimum, I pick one that I know is really small (Naglfar, a baby necro I have with a minimum of addons). If I haven't logged on in a while, this works the first time.
    • Do my writ thing, log out, go to character selection screen.
    • Pick my next character, select the Naglfar template, then login.
    • This might work a second time. Repeat.
    • Third time, I start getting the "server timed out" error msgs. If I try logging in again with the same steps, I'll get an error 303.

Do this enough times and I'll eventually get to Error 307, and the server begins booting me out of hand.

I've been working with support for a few days, and have done all the points that they've brought up so far (the most recent one being a repair of the game data and a DNS flush).

One thing to test: Try going to PC-EU and see if the login issue persists. If you're using the same addons there, and it works, that would localize the issue, I'd presume?
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Creative5
    Creative5
    Soul Shriven
    Happening to me as well on EU. Before it was annoying but yesterday and today its been doing it every 10-20 minutes and it's starting to *** me off to be honest. Add this to all the other server problems since the patch then ESO has really *** the bucket lately.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Creative5 wrote: »
    Happening to me as well on EU. Before it was annoying but yesterday and today its been doing it every 10-20 minutes and it's starting to *** me off to be honest. Add this to all the other server problems since the patch then ESO has really *** the bucket lately.

I'd like to swap notes on this with you. Any objections if we touch base in game or in Discord somewhere?
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer