The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Buy more time of ESO plus before yours has expired

DragonHeart000
I pay for ESO+ by year and I still have another 30 days left of eso+ before I gotta buy another year. I saw there is a house in the crown store that will only be there for another 12 (I believe) days that I actually really kinda want. Is there any way that I can pay for my next year in advanced now to get the crowns from it now or am I just out of luck and can't get the cool house without just buying crowns straight up which I don't really fancy doing considering I have to buy eso+ in 30 days and will have crowns from that.
@DragonHeart000 NA PC
Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only have one subscription at a time, @DragonHeart000.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you have enough in-game gold, you can check the Tamriel Crown Exchange guild to see if Crown gifting is an option for you ...
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only have one subscription at a time, @DragonHeart000.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you have enough in-game gold, you can check the Tamriel Crown Exchange guild to see if Crown gifting is an option for you ...

Houses cannot be gifted, I am afraid.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pay for ESO+ by year and I still have another 30 days left of eso+ before I gotta buy another year. I saw there is a house in the crown store that will only be there for another 12 (I believe) days that I actually really kinda want. Is there any way that I can pay for my next year in advanced now to get the crowns from it now or am I just out of luck and can't get the cool house without just buying crowns straight up which I don't really fancy doing considering I have to buy eso+ in 30 days and will have crowns from that.

sure u can just cancle ur active subscription and start new one ( ialways buy 90 days but have right now 180 left)
  • DragonHeart000
    Xologamer wrote: »

sure u can just cancle ur active subscription and start new one ( ialways buy 90 days but have right now 180 left)

I just tried to cancel it and then buy it again to see if it would charge me right away and give me the crowns but it didn't. I just got this message: https://i.gyazo.com/471a2d51d579b0c4442d0ca5a1e8d68c.png
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do this limited time thing because they want people to buy crowns. They know you would rather wait until your membership renews and use those crowns, but they are hoping that when you find out the house will be gone before your renewal you will break down and make that purchase. I think it's crap.
  • DragonHeart000
    They do this limited time thing because they want people to buy crowns. They know you would rather wait until your membership renews and use those crowns, but they are hoping that when you find out the house will be gone before your renewal you will break down and make that purchase. I think it's crap.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. Like I get the idea of limited-time items and I am even okay with that part what I am not okay with is that they won't take my money. I am perfectly willing to buy more time before mine expires for the crowns in it. I'd even buy more than a year at a time if I could. But there is absolutely no way I'd buy crowns.

I tried contacting support on this since my friend told me she contacted support when in the exact same situation a while ago and they offered to still sell her the house even after it was no longer available, however, all the default furnishings would not be there. When I contacted support though they just told me to buy crowns if I want it. So I guess I will not get it, I even canceled my subscription for the time being as I won't be needing the crowns now and I have been to busy to play daily anyway.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if it's related specifically to Housing, but if they allowed you to keep extending your membership any time you wanted, they'd never be able to sell Crowns straight -- people would simply keep buying more ESO+ because of the crowns packaged in it. Unless there's a Crown sale, then it's sort of a toss up.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard stories that good things happen when you contact support. Tell them your story and I'm sure they will help.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

I don't know if it's related specifically to Housing, but if they allowed you to keep extending your membership any time you wanted, they'd never be able to sell Crowns straight -- people would simply keep buying more ESO+ because of the crowns packaged in it. Unless there's a Crown sale, then it's sort of a toss up.

How would that be bad? They’d still be bringing in money and don’t games and other subscription models prefer to sell more upfront which is why the yearly is the best deal? And I’m sure the people who buy LOTS of Crowns for crates and other exclusive items wouldn’t change from this. In OP’s case it makes sense for him to want to renew early whereas how many years in advance would someone want to pay for ESO+? I doubt it would hurt their bottom line.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. Like I get the idea of limited-time items and I am even okay with that part what I am not okay with is that they won't take my money. I am perfectly willing to buy more time before mine expires for the crowns in it. I'd even buy more than a year at a time if I could. But there is absolutely no way I'd buy crowns.

I tried contacting support on this since my friend told me she contacted support when in the exact same situation a while ago and they offered to still sell her the house even after it was no longer available, however, all the default furnishings would not be there. When I contacted support though they just told me to buy crowns if I want it. So I guess I will not get it, I even canceled my subscription for the time being as I won't be needing the crowns now and I have been to busy to play daily anyway.

Really? I’m sorry to hear that and surprised, honestly. I don’t know if it would be appropriate to appeal or submit another ticket? I could well be mistaken but it seems to me like a request they would grant, either by letting you renew early or purchase the house once you resub. I can’t help but think the person handling it misunderstood what you were asking for. 🤔
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »

I just tried to cancel it and then buy it again to see if it would charge me right away and give me the crowns but it didn't. I just got this message: https://i.gyazo.com/471a2d51d579b0c4442d0ca5a1e8d68c.png

maybe u use other way to pay then me? i just pay per paysafecard....
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is on ps-4, I always renew before my sub runs out and the crowns are in my account the same day.
    I don’t try to cancel just buy it from the ps-4 store
  • DragonHeart000
    This is on ps-4, I always renew before my sub runs out and the crowns are in my account the same day.
    I don’t try to cancel just buy it from the ps-4 store

I am on PC but I could try buying it from Steam, that may work or it may cause some complications. I currently pay for my ESO+ on their website but I got ESO through steam and I have paid for my subscription that way before. It may be worth looking into but could be a huge headache if it doesn't work out as I think it may.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC