The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Achievement progression

partyhead
partyhead
✭✭
I was doing the Dragonhold achievements but some bugged out on me;

After killing some dragon adds:
4dvn06m42nub.png

After relog:
9df848z5nzb6.png

Other achievements I completed but didn't get the achievement:
Welcome to pellitine (travel to the zone, which I am sure I did)
A Hero's Song (the Khajit isn't even there anymore) (I'm 100% sure I saw the achievement pop up but after a relog it was gone)
Liberator of the lost (I was on "0" this morning, freed one, instantly to 11. Completed the achievement and after a relog its on 0 again) Freeing a slave now doesn't give me progression anymore.

A new beginning (Did the quest, South guard ruins icon is white)
Leaves on the wind (Did the quest, Black Heights icon is white)
Helping the Helpless (see 2 achievements above this)

Pellitine's Pride and Joy (pretty sure I did all 16 but it still shows 0/16)
A shield of Sanchal (did 2, still 0)

j7ljmdeuhzp8.png

Some achievements do work like intended like Pieces of history but then don't update in Hero of the Dragonguard (I completed all achievements for this)

Main quest line was fine

Would like to hear if others have the same problems and what to do to fix

Edited by partyhead on October 22, 2019 10:59AM
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also Soul magic achievement doesnt works

dhAOXSO.jpg
    quMLlnN.jpg
    Edited by The_Saint on October 22, 2019 12:41PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes my draconic slayer also reset
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    I also have some achievements that have reset. Some Dragonhold achievements reset after a few minutes
  • Valkner
    Valkner
    ✭✭✭
    There is a hidden achievement cap of 38,300 points currently. Any time I pass that number, I lose a bunch of Scalebreaker or now Dragonhold achievements. This bug has carried over from Scalebreaker and hopefully ZOS can patch it soon. Here is the thread I made last week that Gina responded to. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497569/bug-pc-na-losing-credit-for-scalebreaker-achievements
  • partyhead
    partyhead
    ✭✭
    Valkner wrote: »
    There is a hidden achievement cap of 38,300 points currently. Any time I pass that number, I lose a bunch of Scalebreaker or now Dragonhold achievements. This bug has carried over from Scalebreaker and hopefully ZOS can patch it soon. Here is the thread I made last week that Gina responded to. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497569/bug-pc-na-losing-credit-for-scalebreaker-achievements

Ah ty for the info, I expected it to be something related to last patch so didn't bother to look further back
    I don't quite yet have the 38,300 yet, I'm now on 37,935 (+225)

Edited by partyhead on October 23, 2019 7:58AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Hero's Song (the Khajit isn't even there anymore) (I'm 100% sure I saw the achievement pop up but after a relog it was gone)

I've been looking everywhere for that Khajit, where are they supposed to be standing exactly?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • partyhead
    partyhead
    ✭✭

I've been looking everywhere for that Khajit, where are they supposed to be standing exactly?

if you finished the main quests you can go to the yard of the palace where the cat is and if you follow the cat it leads you to the khajit
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    Same few achies disappeared or reset to 0, also lost soul mage + psijic achies, somehow lost 15 points compared to previous patch 4ppefoc92vle.png gamebreaker
    4otm4t90tn29.png dpshold

Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"
  • Necron77
    Necron77
    partyhead wrote: »
    I was doing the Dragonhold achievements but some bugged out on me;

After killing some dragon adds:
    4dvn06m42nub.png

After relog:
    9df848z5nzb6.png

Other achievements I completed but didn't get the achievement:
    Welcome to pellitine (travel to the zone, which I am sure I did)
    Liberator of the lost (I was on "0" this morning, freed one, instantly to 11. Completed the achievement and after a relog its on 0 again) Freeing a slave now doesn't give me progression anymore.

A new beginning (Did the quest, South guard ruins icon is white)
    Leaves on the wind (Did the quest, Black Heights icon is white)
    Helping the Helpless (see 2 achievements above this)

Pellitine's Pride and Joy (pretty sure I did all 16 but it still shows 0/16)
    A shield of Sanchal (did 2, still 0)

j7ljmdeuhzp8.png

Some achievements do work like intended like Pieces of history but then don't update in Hero of the Dragonguard (I completed all achievements for this)

Main quest line was fine

Would like to hear if others have the same problems and what to do to fix

i have exactly the same problem. the achievements disappears:

Pellitine Dragon Killer (Drachentöter von Pellitine)
    Draconic Minion Slayer (Drachenvassalenschlächter)
    Welcome to Pellitine (Willkommen in Pellitine)
    Dragonguard Style Master (Meister des Stils der Drachengarde)

i learnt also the motiv "sword of dragonguard" and its disappears...

Edited by Necron77 on October 26, 2019 5:59PM
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is ridiculous. ive also lost dragonhold quest progress. -_- what are we supposed to do now, when anything we do might simply be erased the next day? and somethings, like skill lines, cant just be redone/farmed. quests cant just be redone either when the needed npc is gone. its basically unplayable at this point.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • partyhead
    partyhead
    ✭✭
    guess we just have to wait and hope they will fix it in a way we can still get the achievements.
  • Necron77
    Necron77
    today i lost my soul magic skill line, psijic order skill line and mainquest (16 quests) from south elsweyr...
    another 115 points lose forever, i dont think there cant unlock the lines if no quest for that exists :(
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also, since I last posted, lost soul magic skill line, and 2 additional quest achievements for black heights and south guard. I wish I had never set food in southern elsweyr now and am very upset. I think I'm up to nearly 200 points lost now. I'm not doing anymore dragonhold or elsweyr content until this is fixed: what's the point if it's only going to be erased?
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • pureskills101
    pureskills101
    ✭✭
    As of 2 days ago this has also started happening to me, first my Pellintine Dragon Killer slayer achievement reset to 0, (it was complete) the the Draconic minion stalker achievement reset to 0, ( it was 80% finished) so i held off doing more achievements incase it reset more and wrote a bunch of support tickets / in-game bug reports, got no where with support saying they have no one to restore achievements to me on their end. Couldn't hold out any longer as i wanted to continue with the Dragonhold story! Earned 5/6 achievements and bang "soul magic skill master" achievement reset.. knew i should of waited but why should we when we are paying customers... also i just wanted to finish the damn story ! So i should be up around 38k points and they have gone down to 37735 now...why is the bug even here, it is so frustrating
    Edited by pureskills101 on November 1, 2019 10:00AM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik pretty much any achievement is rip atm. People (me included) losing soul magic, witches festival and southern elsweyr achievements here and there.

@ZOS_GinaBruno hello? What are we gonna do with this? I legit can't do anything because of this. I abandoned Southern Elsweyr because whatever i do is lost when next i relog. I'm not doing Witches festival stuff because i will lose them if i do them. Are you guys gonna say anything about this or what?
    PC|EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those of us on console would like to know the status too. If I don’t play any new Southern Elsweyr content until a fix is in place will my achievements be alright, or do I have to avoid playing the game entirely after the Dragonhold patch hits this week?

Achievements are a big deal for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• pureskills101
    pureskills101
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any info at all you can give us on this bug please? As of this week my main character can't do the Dragonhold story line or anything else that rewards achievements due to the fact some other ones already earned will just reset... any info on a fix or an eta or even if this is fixable? Not being able to play new content due to a bug like this is unacceptable to be honest.
    Edited by pureskills101 on November 3, 2019 2:18PM
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, I can add to my list of lost achievements, the welcome to pellitine (laughable to lose this -_-), and the psijic skill line.

This brings my total up to 9 lost achievements, a total of 225 points.It would be nice to just have any sort of communication, even if its just a "we are still working on this" and "it is /is not safe to continue playing if achievements are important to you". Especially would like to know if achievements that can not be refarmed (like skilllines/quests) are going to be given back to us.

I dont want to stop playing. I genuinely like this game, and I like to think im patient with most bugs when they occur, up to and including working around bugged achievements when they occur (esp dungeon achievements). But I guess this is a bit much. Not so much that its happening, but that little to nothing has been said in response to our concerns, no feedback on the multiple bug reports submitted, no timeline, just nothing but "we know its happening" which is pretty useless since anyone who cares KNOWS its happening.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t want to stop playing either, but seriously someone at ZOS needs to respond. This is the number one bug right now.

I don’t have any no-death dungeon achievements, but I have a bunch of titles that took me years of play to get - Grand Master Crafter, Explorer, Tamriel Hero to name a few.

I will quit playing completely until there is a fix if it keeps me from losing these.

It would be nice if someone could at least confirm if avoiding any new dlc is safe.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Emmy
    Emmy
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

In this thread, some ppl reported that the Hero's Song achievement is bugged. Where supposed to go at Senchal Palace terrace and meet a Khajiiti hero, right? Well, I finished the entire zone, main quest included (ofc) even got the last tablet of the Hall and no cat there, no achievement either. Seems its bugged. Can you pass the word please? Thanks!
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost Hero of the Dragonguard acheive, and i dont know if thats related to the fact that the khajit npc is not appearing for me either @Emmy . I wish I would have looked for it the same day I completed the quest line, but at the time I didnt realize how bugged southern elsweyr was. Do you still have that achieve in your journal?

I also lost another achievement today, legacy slayer. Now up to 280 pts gone.
    Edited by Zyva on November 5, 2019 1:14AM
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    Zyva wrote: »
    I lost Hero of the Dragonguard acheive, and i dont know if thats related to the fact that the khajit npc is not appearing for me either @Emmy . I wish I would have looked for it the same day I completed the quest line, but at the time I didnt realize how bugged southern elsweyr was. Do you still have that achieve in your journal?

I also lost another achievement today, legacy slayer. Now up to 280 pts gone.

I have Hero of the Dragonguard achieve in my journal, its completed. Still no Kajiiti at the palace :(
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it’s hard for me to believe that this bug will be pushed out to console tonight without being fixed, but with no official response I have to assume that is the case. I was looking forward to enjoying the double XP until Monday and get some more tickets, but I guess I’ll be playing something else until I hear differently.

This is all the more distressing because I walked away from my last full-time game because of constant loss of player progress each update.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to find the Khajit to get the Hero's Song achieve about half hour ago without issue. The cat was sitting right outside the door when I entered the courtyard where the Dragonguard ceremony takes place.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tag a dev, and yes i would most likely get a bit upset if that happened too!(spent five years on it, often in suffering do do the bits that can be done by solo people, and uhm.... lorebooks getting readable after the quest so youre not getting nuked cause youre eager to try new content and no addon will tell you where. Do the quest too fast and youll allllllwaays have missed one, it's purrrdy cruel lol) Did good fixing most of them to be outside, but it hurts my female completionist *cough* that you see those lorebooks exist, and they clog your map reminding you youre NOT done, and youre just feces out of luck doing it before it was recorded haha....

Pleasepleaseplease make lorebooks accessible even for those who already did it? </3 It hurts my.....!!!

Edit, I can't type, it can't surprise anyone by now...
    Edited by InaMoonlight on November 5, 2019 11:38PM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem finding the cat in the palace to get the Hero’s song achievement but I did have to leave the palace and relog. I am on Xbox.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on Xbox. My housing achievement just reset, “permanent resident”.

The only reason why I’m still around after 5 years is the achievements. If this is the reality and they’ll all start resetting and start becoming unobtainable as a result I’m afraid it’s going to be time to quit for good this time lol.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker can we get some information on what’s happening? This resetting of achievements is causing me and many other players to quit the game until resolution is made.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, this appears to be the same issue as mentioned in another thread. We are currently investigating and working on a fix. It appears to just be a UI issue with the achievements.
    Staff Post
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, this appears to be the same issue as mentioned in another thread. We are currently investigating and working on a fix. It appears to just be a UI issue with the achievements.

Does that mean that all achievements will return and we can now continue playing without fear of having to grind all the stuff again?