The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please fix OP Streak for god's sake (not exactly a nerf request, read for details)

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There is a low wall in IC. I use it for LoS or at least to prevent gap closing. I am a few metres behind the wall. A sorc streaks to a metre in front of the wall. The wall is between us. I still get stunned and uncloaked. Didn't they adjust the cone of streak to make it cover a narrower area? Well, I don't see any change. The skill is ridiculous. Be anywhere near a sorc, in front, behind, if they streak you get hit. Unblockable and, unlike any other skill, it also rams through NPCs and creates LoS opportunities, rather than getting stuck in front of the NPC like everyone else would.

Yeah, yeah, you will say NB has shade and it's a teleport that can accomplish similar things. Shade, however, requires forethought. Shade and Merciless are both unbelievably clunky when compared to Streak and Frags. Streak effectively substitutes for RAT or Shade and Fear with a single skill slot.

Please, please, please, note I am not asking for a nerf to the on paper perfomance of Streak, those things that you can see in the tooltip. It would, however, be nice if the skill could be better integrated with the physics of the game, so you don't run into ridiculous situations, like the above, and you can better judge which obstacle might protect you, rather than learning off every inch of the terrain by heart. One way to do this would be to limit the stun and damage of Streak to the exact two endpoints and not have it extend in front and behind.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think it should only stun at the target. like around the end point.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What physics? Negates, permafrost and many other skills go through walls and ceilings.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    What physics? Negates, permafrost and many other skills go through walls and ceilings.
    This is not Sorc skill so no change needed ...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Didn't they adjust the cone of streak to make it cover a narrower area? Well, I don't see any change. The skill is ridiculous.

Read the tooltip.

GrBNJFL.png

Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on November 1, 2019 10:38AM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak is harder to use than you think
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think it should only stun at the target. like around the end point.

That would kill the skill as an offensive tool. You can't control where you land, so you can't just aim on top of the guy you're trying to stun, streak, and land right on him, stunning him. You always streak exactly 15 meters, unless you hit an obstacle or are a sufficient distance off the ground mid streak to cancel it. If it's to remain an offensive tool it needs the AoE stun along the entire path, not just at the start or end.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please, please, note I am not asking for a nerf ....
    If this is true, you already failed in the headline: "Please fix OP Streak ", because of the "OP" you attract the wrong people and you set a wrong focus.
    The first answer showed directly how this thread is going.
    On the other side I can admit that I was already pissed before I even opened the thread.

So, if this is really your problem with streak, you should better open a thread in the bug forum that streaks stuns through walls - that would be fine...

Edited by Zabagad on November 2, 2019 6:16AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a low wall in IC. I use it for LoS or at least to prevent gap closing. I am a few metres behind the wall. A sorc streaks to a metre in front of the wall. The wall is between us. I still get stunned and uncloaked. Didn't they adjust the cone of streak to make it cover a narrower area? Well, I don't see any change. The skill is ridiculous. Be anywhere near a sorc, in front, behind, if they streak you get hit. Unblockable and, unlike any other skill, it also rams through NPCs and creates LoS opportunities, rather than getting stuck in front of the NPC like everyone else would.

Yeah, yeah, you will say NB has shade and it's a teleport that can accomplish similar things. Shade, however, requires forethought. Shade and Merciless are both unbelievably clunky when compared to Streak and Frags. Streak effectively substitutes for RAT or Shade and Fear with a single skill slot.

Please, please, please, note I am not asking for a nerf to the on paper perfomance of Streak, those things that you can see in the tooltip. It would, however, be nice if the skill could be better integrated with the physics of the game, so you don't run into ridiculous situations, like the above, and you can better judge which obstacle might protect you, rather than learning off every inch of the terrain by heart. One way to do this would be to limit the stun and damage of Streak to the exact two endpoints and not have it extend in front and behind.

tl;dr NERF SORCS

p.s. Streak is not entirely easy and can leave one very vulnerable. Play it sometime.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some technically valid critiques here, but easy points to score off me. This post was written in frustration, hence the headline. Streak also stuns when you are BEHIND the sorc at the starting point of Streak, by the way, or when you are just around the corner of an actual wall at the endpoint. It's very frustrating. All I ask is that streak stun / hit everything in it's path, but not something behind the starting point and beyond the end point.

I have played sorc. The power advantage of a magsorc, a magplar, even a stam DK, all classes I have recently revisited, is shocking when you're used to playing magblade. The ease of use of a magplar or a tanky (yet Fury / high weapon damage) stam DK is equally shocking. You can afford to build somewhat defensively on those classes and still have noticeably higher damage. When was the last time a magblade killed you with Merciless? I am not afraid of them when I play magblade myself, because even their so-called burst hits like a wet noodle. I play a Caluurion / Zaan build partially as a result of that. This gives me burst in 10 to 18 second intervals whereas sorcs and templars basically hit hard all the time.

The logic behind this - how it ended up this way - is probably related to ganking. When cloak works, when you surprise a player, the advantage is real for a few seconds, and the suitability of magblade for solo play and generating AP is not in question. However this is partially the result of scavenging on other nightblades and low level, inexperienced, AFK or already under pressure players.

I try to do more, to get involved in more varied gameplay and extended brawls. That's where this complaint is coming from. It has to do with Cloak and the balance around that skill. Streaking sorcs, Lightning Form, Overwhelming Surge becoming a true AOE set, recent buffs to previously unpoplular templar skills, i.e. Crescent Sweep and Solar Barrage, these are all pretty hard counters to cloak. As ever Cloak works well when you stay at a good distance, but when when Cloak is countered, you're a sitting duck. I don't mind as such. I reap a lot of benefit from that skill in solo play. However magblade tends to be very unforgiving. It requires very precise gameplay, otherwise you get nuked within 2 GCDs.

I know that Streak isn't that easy to get a handle on when you first take up sorc, but sorcs who have it down are devastating to my class, no other detection method needed. Any shielding class is somewhat brittle and hard to play initially, much like a cloaking magblade is, I'll also give you that. It requires precision. Magplar or heavy armor stam DK, on the other hand? It's astonishing how much you can blunder on those classes, as long as you don't get caught out on the wrong side of a zerg. I'm veering off topic here, I know. The point is that sorcs just detect and stun my magblade by accident, because Streak has such a generous area of effect, despite ZOS ostensibly adjusting that. In this regard it feels quite like a bumbling magplar who just hits everything in their path with AOE.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some technically valid critiques here, but easy points to score off me. This post was written in frustration, hence the headline. Streak also stuns when you are BEHIND the sorc at the starting point of Streak, by the way, or when you are just around the corner of an actual wall at the endpoint. It's very frustrating. All I ask is that streak stun / hit everything in it's path, but not something behind the starting point and beyond the end point.

I have played sorc. The power advantage of a magsorc, a magplar, even a stam DK, all classes I have recently revisited, is shocking when you're used to playing magblade. The ease of use of a magplar or a tanky (yet Fury / high weapon damage) stam DK is equally shocking. You can afford to build somewhat defensively on those classes and still have noticeably higher damage. When was the last time a magblade killed you with Merciless? I am not afraid of them when I play magblade myself, because even their so-called burst hits like a wet noodle. I play a Caluurion / Zaan build partially as a result of that. This gives me burst in 10 to 18 second intervals whereas sorcs and templars basically hit hard all the time.

The logic behind this - how it ended up this way - is probably related to ganking. When cloak works, when you surprise a player, the advantage is real for a few seconds, and the suitability of magblade for solo play and generating AP is not in question. However this is partially the result of scavenging on other nightblades and low level, inexperienced, AFK or already under pressure players.

I try to do more, to get involved in more varied gameplay and extended brawls. That's where this complaint is coming from. It has to do with Cloak and the balance around that skill. Streaking sorcs, Lightning Form, Overwhelming Surge becoming a true AOE set, recent buffs to previously unpoplular templar skills, i.e. Crescent Sweep and Solar Barrage, these are all pretty hard counters to cloak. As ever Cloak works well when you stay at a good distance, but when when Cloak is countered, you're a sitting duck. I don't mind as such. I reap a lot of benefit from that skill in solo play. However magblade tends to be very unforgiving. It requires very precise gameplay, otherwise you get nuked within 2 GCDs.

I know that Streak isn't that easy to get a handle on when you first take up sorc, but sorcs who have it down are devastating to my class, no other detection method needed. Any shielding class is somewhat brittle and hard to play initially, much like a cloaking magblade is, I'll also give you that. It requires precision. Magplar or heavy armor stam DK, on the other hand? It's astonishing how much you can blunder on those classes, as long as you don't get caught out on the wrong side of a zerg. I'm veering off topic here, I know. The point is that sorcs just detect and stun my magblade by accident, because Streak has such a generous area of effect, despite ZOS ostensibly adjusting that. In this regard it feels quite like a bumbling magplar who just hits everything in their path with AOE.

yh. i dont hate sorcs as much as some nbs but when i take alot of dmg i cloak and heal or kite to los. sorc is faster, pulls me out of cloak and stuns. and its really hard to engage sorcs as a melee char if theyre streaking away the moment you try to fight them. i think sorc should have a different cc. rune cage should be instant and no stun or damage on streak. this way the skill would be for mobility like how shade is for nb. maybe, as ball of lightning has the projectile absorb, streak could have major evasion at the end, or a similar buff. and sorc would have a great cc.

but streak is only a problem if the sorc is in the 5% of sorcs that are actualy good. not the 95% that are free ap.

Edited by ThePhantomThorn on November 2, 2019 5:43PM