The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Volendrung

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
The idea seems old at first but often times the zerg gets it and has emp and scrolls. I'd rather not have it. Seems like most people I've talked to dont like it. What do you guy think?

Volendrung 61 votes

Remove: its dumb af
60%
ImryllMaulkinLarsStechnohicEnkilDr_GanknsteinKeriokocopitoWarraxxkollege14a5MayraelTBoisKatahdinKelNBrookuszykTheNorthernDragonQbikenTommy_The_Gunkitty79 37 votes
Keep: it's the best
19%
EdenprimeDavadinTheDreamyWriterDBZVelenaFroilMillzUnified_GamingKagukaniCalibanNoodleESOdarkblue5TriangularChicken 12 votes
Tweak
19%
SolarikenAsh_In_My_SujammaHexquisiteLarianaa_salty_piratevaleriiyaThePedgeXologamerlukoifboursTrorncaperb 12 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volundrung is great at attracting large numbers of players to the same place who are eager for the o-tick or desperate to defend their keeps and maybe take the hammer for themselves.

Unfortunately, the servers are not so great at handling large numbers of players fighting in the same place...
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox NA 30 day campaign, the same guy nearly always has it. It's kind of amazing and hilarious. Even if it spawns with the other alliances, some how this player ends up with the hammer.

I have pretty mixed feelings about the hammer mechanics. It can be fun but it can also just cause people to log off or go do other things. It also encourages zerg gameplay which can be briefly fun, but gets boring fast.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a cool idea, I like it. However, it highlights the sad condition of the server.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should have an aoe that deals damage to everyone around it in a certain radius, including allies. And the longer you stay in it the more damage it does.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That stupid hammer, should hammer itself back to Oblivion.

It really destroys all the balance in PvP. The strongest faction will get it most likely, since they control most area and have most people. Even if it doesn't spawn in their area they can just zerg the hammer down and take it for themselves, an already unbalanced map gets killed completely with that. I know the intention was the other way around, but then the hammer should be bound to number of Castles, Players or points, so the already strongest faction can't take it.
    Edited by L_Nici on October 31, 2019 6:00PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »

It really destroys all the balance in PvP. The strongest faction will get it most likely, since they control most area and have most people. Even if it doesn't spawn in their area they can just zerg the hammer down and take it for themselves, an already unbalanced map gets killed completely with that. I know the intention was the other way around, but then the hammer should be bound to number of Castles, Players or points, so the already strongest faction can't take it.

^^
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most times it can be fun.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance issues aside, I can't see how it helps server stability.

The faction that has the hammer comes with the entire server. And those trying to defend keeps (unless you're EP on PS4. We don't defend anything) or take the hammer of course comes into the same area, just jamming a ton of players and all thier AoE's, healing, and all the calculations that come with combat into one small area.

In short, it's detrimental to server stability, and for that alone, should be removed. (In my opinion)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volundrung is great at attracting large numbers of players to the same place who are eager for the o-tick or desperate to defend their keeps and maybe take the hammer for themselves.
    197.gif
    Unfortunately, the servers are not so great at handling large numbers of players fighting in the same place...

giphy.gif
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It generates a lot of people riding from keep to keep with less than 24k health. That's a nice thing, for reasons.

If you like playing the map for score hammer is not what you want.
    If you log off for the 30 minutes that hammer is active there will be a lot of potential for PvP afterwards as each non-emp faction recovers.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when they wanted us to spread out? Yeah, this does the opposite.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tweak
    Volendrung should:
    • Spawn on locations other than the 3 starter bases
    (atm it's a rigged game. There is no race to pick it up)
      • Not let you mount, not let you port via transitus, not let you use recall stone just like a scroll does
      (all the above actions are completely broken while carrying the hammer. You are too op to be able to fast travel or mount. Also moving on foot will encourage people to chase it and actually play some pvp)
      • Not give you the ability to spam "light attacks" on a wall or door and destroy it completely
      (instead it should give you one attack with an arranged cooldown that will be able to put a debuff on a specific door/part of a wall or instantly bring down a specific % of its HP. That way you will encourage coordination of the weilder with his/her faction when sieging a keep, increase the time of the fight during the siege and encourage people to fight and drop the hammer. After all the hammer is craving for blood, not béton armé)
      • Gradually drain hp from its weilder like a chaosball does or lose its effectivenes with time
      (I strongly believe that the current timer of the hammer is way too generous and there is not much chance for it to change hands.)

In conclusion I think that volendrung does have a lot of potential for FUN but atm it's, mostly, not used to pvp but to push the map. Sieging is part of pvp not the other way around. Objective capturing is designed to encourage and plan player engagement. Withought this engagement though the objective alone is nothing.
      Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on November 2, 2019 1:23AM
    • Dr_Ganknstein
      Dr_Ganknstein
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maybe the faction with emp cannot wield it because whoever's has emp usually has the zerg. I agree you shouldn't be able to port with it.
    • ThePhantomThorn
      ThePhantomThorn
      ✭✭✭✭
      L_Nici wrote: »

^^
      Volendrung should:
      • Spawn on locations other than the 3 starter bases
      (atm it's a rigged game. There is no race to pick it up)
        • Not let you mount, not let you port via transitus, not let you use recall stone just like a scroll does
        (all the above actions are completely broken while carrying the hammer. You are too op to be able to fast travel or mount. Also moving on foot will encourage people to chase it and actually play some pvp)
        • Not give you the ability to spam "light attacks" on a wall or door and destroy it completely
        (instead it should give you one attack with an arranged cooldown that will be able to put a debuff on a specific door/part of a wall or instantly bring down a specific % of its HP. That way you will encourage coordination of the weilder with his/her faction when sieging a keep, increase the time of the fight during the siege and encourage people to fight and drop the hammer. After all the hammer is craving for blood, not béton armé)
        • Gradually drain hp from its weilder like a chaosball does or lose its effectivenes with time
        (I strongly believe that the current timer of the hammer is way too generous and there is not much chance for it to change hands.)

In conclusion I think that volendrung does have a lot of potential for FUN but atm it's, mostly, not used to pvp but to push the map. Sieging is part of pvp not the other way around. Objective capturing is designed to encourage and plan player engagement. Withought this engagement though the objective alone is nothing.

the mount and transitus makes it op. one of the reasons i hate it is that it can move so fast. reomving that and adding a chaosball effect would be perfect.

and they should make the hammer scale of kills rather than ap. that way you couldnt just zerg keeps. and if not payed... ded. and hammer is gone.
      • NoodleESO
        NoodleESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        the hammer really is the best.

All the bad players gather round the hammer user

you take the hammer

=bad players instantly regret zerging