The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

By the eight! I knew I recognised the name! (ESO + TESA: Redguard)

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
To begin, I love the lore of the Dovah.

This is in no small part due to the fact that Skyrim was my first TES game.

As such I've since either played various games in the franchise, or when not possible, watched gameplay on YouTube.

Anyway... I went to Elsweyr to kill a Dovah for my tickets. No big deal, but I happened to get a golden box drop on my first go. I must be blessed by the Divines...

As it is, I was left speechless when I saw its name. I recognised the name from somewhere... I knew I'd seen it before... Here are the links to my research. The game Redguard is obscure compared to other games in the franchise, but there's a key point here. It is also set in the 2nd Era, some time after the events of ESO. And... It has a Dovah. Yes, an Elder Scrolls game from '98 had a live Dovah. This is why I laugh when people say Elsweyr broke lore because of the Dovah, because, no, no it bloody well doesn't. Not even close.

The chest in question:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nafaalilargus's_Strongbox

Note the name written in Dovah.

Fast forward 281 years later in the 2nd Era:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nafaalilargus

This Dovah appeared in The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, released in '98.

Now this could all just be an easter egg. But at the same time... Foreshadowing a future encounter with Nafaalilargus himself, possibly? Note, I don't know anything about Dragonhold so there you go.

There are of course already characters in ESO that appear in previous games set later down the timeline. So a Dovah is really nothing crazy in the grand scheme of things. I just wonder... If Old Naf' does appear in ESO, what will his role be?

It's all very interesting for me and I look forward to seeing just how significant this little reference in the current event really is.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :)
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..Skyrim was my first TES game..

I commiserate with you on that, pal. Or.. I guess it might be like watching the original Star Wars Saga starting with the very first Episode IV ;). Then my congrats you've actually started it!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ..Skyrim was my first TES game..

I commiserate with you on that, pal. Or.. I guess it might be like watching the original Star Wars Saga starting with the very first Episode IV ;). Then my congrats you've actually started it!

Haha, yeah. I've since played Oblivion and Morrowind, and with Morrowind especially I was like... "Why does this game have so much more to it LOL"
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafaalilaegus, the Imperial dragon. I remember him well... XD

I also remember how the governor's guards chased me all over Stros M'kai... and meeting my first Sload... aaah Redguard. The memories.

EDIT
    You should also play Battlespire if you haven't done so already. Bugs a plenty, I don't remember how often I had to restart levels just because a glyph fell through the floor. But meeting Mehrunes Dagon's Grand Vizier was worth the trouble.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on October 6, 2019 3:03PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did let slip that an old familiar character would aid us in the final fight with Kaalgrontiid. Many people thought it would be Paarthurnax though.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ZOS did let slip that an old familiar character would aid us in the final fight with Kaalgrontiid. Many people thought it would be Paarthurnax though.

I've been thinking actually... The dragon flying over the cities for this event is obviously not hostile, and notably, he's a red dragon.

I think he is Old Naf'.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did anyone note the name of the the reward crates from the event unlock? Same name again.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! We're definitely seeing Naf again if the prequel quest is anything to go by.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh! We're definitely seeing Naf again if the prequel quest is anything to go by.

Nice.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly excited for this. Redguard is the only PC TES game I haven't played though. I tried Battlespire but the bugs killed my experience with it. I have played all others though from defeating Jagnar Tharn to creating Talos in Daggerfall, and being the Nerevarine, Dovahkiin, and Sheogorath.

Might need to play me some Redguard.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    I'm honestly excited for this. Redguard is the only PC TES game I haven't played though. I tried Battlespire but the bugs killed my experience with it. I have played all others though from defeating Jagnar Tharn to creating Talos in Daggerfall, and being the Nerevarine, Dovahkiin, and Sheogorath.

Might need to play me some Redguard.

Good news. You can now play on your browser according to what I read this morning.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonhold spoilers:

Nahfalaar, the dragon you team up with in the DLC is the same dragon as Naafalilaegus.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Dragonhold spoilers:

Nahfalaar, the dragon you team up with in the DLC is the same dragon as Naafalilaegus.

Yep', checked it out on UESP and the Dovah in question has had quite the revision made on his article.