The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stamDK Class Identity

Raijindono
Raijindono
✭✭✭
So, I'm working on my rotation, and this is all I can think of...

get_fisted.png

Where mah dots at? :'(
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Genius
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XD
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't main stamDK but I love playing it this patch.

In bgs using barbed trap+leap is strong, I wouldn't use stone fist for the stun its more of a way to keep pressure up when your target tries to get away.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be waiting to see what they'll come up with on the next PTS cycle. But untill then:

ROCC
    ROCC
    ROCC
    ROCC
    ROCC
    ???
    Profit?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The absurd thing is that they want us to keep using a spammable to buff our DoTs.
    I can't find a proper rotation that makes best use of Stagger and is sustainable.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Warden's new Swarm a better DoT than any of DK's DoTs? And DK is supposed to be the DoT class lol?

So are we even the best DoT class in the game?
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Warden's new Swarm a better DoT than any of DK's DoTs? And DK is supposed to be the DoT class lol?

You are right, the new warden dot gives minor vulnerability to the target and is a strong single target dot that will spread to others nearby... Warden also have access to minor beserk, minor protection, minor toughness, all the minor recovery buffs, major mending, major ward/resolve, and major breach or fracture. They can also easily get an equivalent of minor beserk or minor mending through their animal companions passives or green balance passives, respectively. In other words, they do everything.
    Edited by moosegod on October 28, 2019 11:48AM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moosegod wrote: »

You are right, the new warden dot gives minor vulnerability to the target and is a strong single target dot that will spread to others nearby... Warden also have access to minor beserk, minor protection, minor toughness, all the minor recovery buffs, major mending, major ward/resolve, and major breach or fracture. They can also easily get an equivalent of minor beserk or minor mending through their animal companions passives or green balance passives, respectively. In other words, they do everything.

This is pretty funny, since the patch I've had a few wardens whisper me about "crutching on DK", while they have way more consistent burst tools than we do.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    stonefist -> rapid s. -> rapid s. -> veno claw -> stonefist -> rapid s. -> rapid s. -> nox. breath -> stonefist -> (swap) -> endless hail -> trap -> flames of oblivion (swap & repeat)

flame lash on both bars, one flex spot on back bar. Standard as ulti when ready.

For me, stamDK this patch is the best thing that could happen. Visuals are all over the place, yes. But gameplay wise - it is interesting. Might seem a little tidious to keep one 4 sec buff and 5 sec debuff up all the time but that's easy in pve.
    Edited by satanio on October 28, 2019 9:58PM
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.

Ok ok ok.

I was VERY loud in PTS how DK is losing its class identity, and felt personally attacked when the latest dev dive showcase a DK that is "Fire and Fury", and as a STAMINA DK, all I got is GREEN SLIMY PUKE POISON and FLYING POOP FIST.

I was NOT happy.

But, after testing in PTS, and now a few days of Dragonhold on Live..........

I'll be damn.

I swap my Major Brut source, 2H's Forward Momentum with DK's Molten Armament... so my weapons are on fire 98% of the time, combined with Dizzying giving Off-Balance, I mix in more heavy attacks for stun in PvP and/or sustain in PvE.

The poop fist also have fire animation, Onslaught is nerfed so I'm back to Leap with dragon wings, and with DoT nerfed in PvP, I go back to my heavy 7th legion WHICH requires me to keep up Volatile Armor and the dragon spikes on my back to sustain that 5-piece weapon damage.....

I'm actually pretty comfortable with my identity these days.

Damn you, ZOS.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    stonefist -> rapid s. -> rapid s. -> veno claw -> stonefist -> rapid s. -> rapid s. -> nox. breath -> stonefist -> (swap) -> endless hail -> trap -> flames of oblivion (swap & repeat)

flame lash on both bars, one flex spot on back bar. Standard as ulti when ready.

For me, stamDK this patch is the best thing that could happen. Visuals are all over the place, yes. But gameplay wise - it is interesting. Might seem a little tidious to keep one 4 sec buff and 5 sec debuff up all the time but that's easy in pve.

i gotta try this out. my PvE is 2H/DW, coz i have Maelstrom 2H that I use with Stampede for nice juicy (un-nerfed) DoT instead of endless hail.

but i was spamming stonefist coz i didn't feel good with rapid need to finish its animation to register that last big hit..... so i used rending and treat it as a DoT (yes, with Master DW for extra DoT, and no, I don't have Maelstrom DW).

thanks!
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

i gotta try this out. my PvE is 2H/DW, coz i have Maelstrom 2H that I use with Stampede for nice juicy (un-nerfed) DoT instead of endless hail.

but i was spamming stonefist coz i didn't feel good with rapid need to finish its animation to register that last big hit..... so i used rending and treat it as a DoT (yes, with Master DW for extra DoT, and no, I don't have Maelstrom DW).

thanks!
    I prefer rapid strikes because with that skill you take advantage of stonefist debuff 5x per second, while with every other spammable only once per second. It has built in execute multiplier and that’s good since i don’t have much space left for exe ability on the bar because of the slotted whip :disappointed: xD

Maelstrom dual wield is not needed and useless, this set is and was unnecessary for most of the stam classes.

Sure go two hand back bar. Pity there is no space left for executioner on back bar :disappointed:

But if you dont feel like using rapids, there are more ways to approach stamDK. You can go like this:

FOO/B.trap(depends on what runs out)+Barrage+Injection swap Giant, breath, giant, claw, giant, C.trap, giant swap&repeat
    Source: @beyl

P.s.. I recommend redguard, sustain is horrible.

P.s.2. They really should move the passive from whip to class passives.

Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

thanks!
    I prefer rapid strikes because with that skill you take advantage of stonefist debuff 5x per second, while with every other spammable only once per second.

shiiiiiiiiiiieeeet.................. never thought of that!!
    It has built in execute multiplier and that’s good since i don’t have much space left for exe ability on the bar because of the slotted whip :disappointed: xD

Maelstrom dual wield is not needed and useless, this set is and was unnecessary for most of the stam classes.

Sure go two hand back bar. Pity there is no space left for executioner on back bar :disappointed:

But if you dont feel like using rapids, there are more ways to approach stamDK. You can go like this:

FOO/B.trap(depends on what runs out)+Barrage+Injection swap Giant, breath, giant, claw, giant, C.trap, giant swap&repeat
    Source: @beyl

P.s.. I recommend redguard, sustain is horrible.

P.s.2. They really should move the passive from whip to class passives.
    Giant?? what? what Giant? there's a Giant??? WHAT?

PS: Nord through and through since BETA. i aint changing that.

no seriously, if i got 3-stack of stonefis........ OOOOH GIANT! STONE GIANT! DUH!

*ehm* yes, 3 stack of stonefist then i'll have each stab of Flurry 135 damage extra? Nice!! :love: